PCC 3.0 Getting-to-Know-You Thread

*NikkiBell*

Livin’ that DVC & AP life!
Inspired by Cherinva's thread, here's a place for everyone to make plans and to become friendly before 3.0. :)

No....:sad1: we jumped to 4.0 because of the different ports

Hi All! :wave: Great thread idea.

Val & I will be on this cruise too. We've done PCC 1.0 and PCC 2.0, as well as the DIS DAP/DATW events so many of you already know us. For those that don't, we look forward to making more DIS friends - and perhaps adopting more of you. Somehow Val & I seem to have turned into the DIS Mom & Dad to a lot of grown-up Disney fans. :)

We've been married for 14 years now (April 5th actually) having first met at Old Key West. Its a long story as to how we ever met in the first place, but we are convinced there was some magic involved. Especially since Val is from Lafayette, LA and I'm from Plymouth, MA. The odds of us ever crossing paths is so low that its probably not calculable. But Disney brought us together. :thumbsup2

So, in celebration of our 14th anniversary we are off to WDW today. Going to spend a few nights at BWV and have a special anniversary dinner at YSH on Tuesday.

Okay, I'll go next. Since I think DH and I are Jeff and Val's stateroom neighbors "across the street". So we better get to know folks! :laughing:

DH Joe and I have been married for almost 8 years with DS5 and DD9mos (who are staying home). We've been Disney crazy since our first trip in 2005. We'd wanted to honeymoon there but we were broke when we got married. :lovestruc

We bought into DVC in 2006 and shortly after I started listening to the Podcast. DH doesn't listen but he asks "What did the Roundtable think of this? What did they think of that?".

DH is being "dragged" along and is very quiet so he's a little nervous about being on the boat with such a large group; as am I. But he knows that I really enjoy the podcast and have wanted to cruise for a long time! So he's being a sport!

I've never attended a Dis event due to my school schedule (I'm a teacher) so am a little nervous about everyone already knowing each other. I'm so excited about being on the Dream though and the idea of TWO days at CC sounds like heaven. :cloud9: I'll be the one laying at Serenity Bay not moving ALL DAY! :rolleyes1

Linda & John here! We've been married 28 years (this May) and became addicted to Disney World on our first trip with our kids in 1992!
We bought into DVC in 2000 and have been going at least twice a year ever since.
Our first Disney cruise was New Year's Eve 2008-09 with our kids. 2008 brought several milestones (18 & 21 birthdays, 25 anniv) to our family and the kids actually chose a Disney Cruise over our offer of Hawaii!
I've been listening to the podcast since they started the Roundtable format (actually- just a little bit longer than that). John started listening just before DAP in 2009- he wanted to know more about my imaginary friends if we were going to an event with them. ;) Now he is as addicted as I am to the podcast and we talk about all the team as though they were members of our own family.

We missed PCC1.0, but did make it on 2.0/DATW. We are signed up for this cruise and 4.0- so I hope we get to meet as many people as possible!!

We are very much looking forward to cruising in WARM weather! Both our December cruises were a little too chilly to enjoy the pools or even get in the water at Castaway Cay. I want to go on Pelican Plunge & the AquaDuck- and it has to be HOT out for me to do it. :banana:

Hi all!
I'm Amanda and my DH is Tom. We are cruising with our 3 children: Nathaniel will be 8, Jessica will be 6, and Zachary will be 4. We have not yet been on a cruise but Tom and I are cruising without the kids in October to celebrate my 40th birthday! :woohoo:

Tom and I celebrated 10 years of marriage in December. We live in the suburbs outside of NYC and we are both doctors. We have been making 1-2 trips to Disney per year since I was pregnant with Zachary. I'm definitely the bigger Disney fan but Tom truly enjoys it when we're there. :love: He just doesn't get into all the pre-planning. And we are definitely raising a family of Disney geeks!!! :rolleyes1

My children have been begging to go on a Disney cruise for about a year now and I haven't told them about this cruise. I'm terrible at keeping secrets but I think it'll be a really fun surprise for them if I can keep my mouth shut! :thumbsup2 Plus, I know that a lot can happen between now and June, 2012 and I don't dare risk disappointing them if something came up and we had to cancel.

I am super excited for this cruise. I really think it'll be special for the whole family and I'm excited to meet my fellow cruisers. I have found several Disney fanatics at work but I'm always looking for more!!! :lmao:

Amanda

I'm excited to see everyone here! I can't wait for 3.0. It is my very first cruise and I have no idea what to expect!

Hi!

I am Erika and will be cruising with DH, Tom, DD Victoria (22), DS Jason (17) and my Mom, Tanja. This will be our third cruise and I can't wait! Looking forward to seeing the New England DISers we know (Hi Jeff & Val!) and making some new friends too!

Hi!

I am Erika and will be cruising with DH, Tom, DD Victoria (22), DS Jason (17) and my Mom, Tanja. This will be our third cruise and I can't wait! Looking forward to seeing the New England DISers we know (Hi Jeff & Val!) and making some new friends too!

Hi Erika! :wave2:
Looking forward to seeing everybody on the cruise!

Hello, fellow PCC3.0-ers. My name is Eric, and I will be on the cruise with my DW Liz, and our two DDs. I started listening to The Podcast (which is how it is referred to in our house; you can hear the capital letters) shortly after my wife and I and our older DD first went to WDW in 2008. My wife started listening more recently, but is every bit the Disney fanatic that I am.

This will be our first Disney cruise and we are definitely looking forward to it. We are also trying to keep the whole thing a secret from our DDs for as long as possible. Hopefully, you will not see them on the ship looking all glum because they are on a boat and not on the Dumbo ride at MK.

We're also looking forward to meeting more DISers. I am not a prolific poster on the boards, but definitely enjoy the discussions.

Anyway, see you all real soon...

Hi All!

Tracey here! Doconeill is my DH and we have two DDs Ashleigh who will be 11 next month:scared1: and Elizabeth (Izzie) who will be 7 in October! We are both avid Disers! My main area for posting is the WISH boards as I am the weight keeper for the BL Challenge!

We know Jeff and Val and Erika from our NE Dis meets! Hi guys!!!!:thumbsup2

This will be our first Disney cruise and we are so excited! We are also bringing along Ash's best friend and her family!

DH and I fell in love with Disney in June of 1997 when we went on our first trip! We have been between 8 and 10 times since then together and with my parents and other friends. Our last trip was the week before PCC2.0 so we missed that!

We are hoping to squeeze in a small trip before the cruise, hopefully just the two of us during F&W!

Can't wait to meet everyone! This is going to be a long year but getting to know everybody ahead of time on the boards is awesome! You will all seem like old friends once we set sail!!!!!

Hi Tracey! :welcome: I never realized who your DH was! I have seen both of you around before, but didn't know the connection! :)

Hi Nikki! Thanks for the warm welcome :)

Yay! :banana: Tracey! So glad you and your family will be on the cruise! You are going to LOVE it!

Erika

Thanks, Nikki and Erika!!!!

We're so excited! I'm going to print out the menus soon so we can start getting even more excited! Brian has already experimented with one of the drinks we saw on the menus!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!