PCC 3.0 Remy

OKW Lover

Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle.
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
Val & I just got off a 3-night on the Dream. :sail:

One night we had pre-dinner cocktails at the Meridian lounge (where we met up with DIS'ers/DU Agent Katie and her husband) followed by dinner at Palo. As usual, Palo was an outstanding dining experience.

Looking ahead to PCC 3.0, Val & I are considering doing dinner at Remy one night. Just wondering if anybody else is thinking about also going.

I would really like to try Remy. I was intrigued by it when I first heard about it.

We're going to be back on the Dream in January. But we're going to be with other friends and probably won't get to do Remy then. Lets keep this thread going. It would be nice to organize an small group to experience this.

We were lucky enough to experience Remy on the maiden voyage, since we weren't Platinum yet or Concierge. We were on the wait list, and someone cancelled one night. It was outstanding, and if you appreciate fine dining (we have dinner at Victoria & Albert's every time we can), Remy is not be missed. Never before while cruising have I ever forgotten that I was on a cruise ship, and I did that night at Remy.

We are interested, but John really wants to do 3.0 without a suit or a tie. Just a bunch of Hawaiian shirts. :cool2:

So I think we'll pass this time. But very interested in Remy for PCC4.0!!

I totally understand his reasoning, especially when you know it will be a possibility the next time....
Really looking forward to 3.0!
See you there...

We did Palo again our our 3-night last week and really enjoyed it. While dining there, we were commenting that it was hard for us to imagine how Remy would be so significantly better than Palo to justify the price difference. We're now seriously doubting that we would opt for Remy on PCC 3.0.

Would love to hear all about Palo, OKW Lover.
This will be our first cruise and I just can't get enugh info about it!
Really looking forward to meeting you & yours in June.

Palo is wonderful.

We started off by getting up there early and having a drink in the Meridian lounge while looking out over Nassau harbor. They have a very interesting drink menu there. I stuck to my basic drink (Scotch), while Val had something much more adventurous. Can't remember which it was, something with muddled strawberry and balsamic vinegar I believe.

In Palo, you know you're in for special attention when you first sit down. If you're wearing black pants, like I was, they swap out the white linen napkins for black ones. Wouldn't want to get white lint all over those pants.

Dinner starts with a mozzarella and (can't remember the name) ham pre-course. Appetizers are varied, but something for any taste. The menu changes very frequently so its hard to make recommendations. For the main course, there are several good choices - both seafood and meat. Of course there's also a vegetarian dish. One of our favorites is the Lobster Ravioli. This time we got a serving of this "for the table" in addition to our regular meal so that everybody could try it. Wonderful!

What about desert you ask? Their signature desert is the chocolate soufflé
which is served warm, with little pitchers of both vanilla and chocolate sauces to pour inside. To die for!

Some pictures from our September visit:
294171_2284923809984_1455541005_2559129_926517862_n.jpg

316508_2284922769958_1455541005_2559126_14667212_n.jpg

Lobster Ravioli
303052_2284925170018_1455541005_2559134_693409482_n.jpg

314771_2284924450000_1455541005_2559131_735053718_n.jpg

321063_2284924650005_1455541005_2559132_361114403_n.jpg

Desert!
297837_2284924890011_1455541005_2559133_275374788_n.jpg

Well thanks alot, OKW Lover - I've already gained 10 pounds just looking at your pics of Palo - and we haven't even started the cruise yet!:rotfl2:
Loved your "review". Am really going to try to get a reservation. But if not this time, there's always the next, right? LOL!

DH and I are considering Remy for PCC 4.0. What are the wine options if you don't want to do the $99 wine pairing?

You can simply buy a bottle from their list. Or just a glass.

DH and I perused a sample Remy menu the other evening and since we couldn't pronounce most of the dishes and didn't know what most of them were, we think we'll skip. :confused3

The verdict is still out on Palo. I've read that as a first-time cruiser, my chance of getting a ressie prior to sailing is very low.

So we'll see......

DH and I perused a sample Remy menu the other evening and since we couldn't pronounce most of the dishes and didn't know what most of them were, we think we'll skip. :confused3

The verdict is still out on Palo. I've read that as a first-time cruiser, my chance of getting a ressie prior to sailing is very low.

So we'll see......

Reservations for Palo aren't really that difficult to get, even for a first-time cruiser. Don't give up too soon.

Val & I have decided we aren't doing Remy this time but we are doing Palo.

But I've set an alarm to book Remy for PCC 4.0!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!