PCC 4.0 Pin Trading Meet

I have bought (mostly off ebay) and collected Wall E, UP, Enchanted, and Ratatouille pins, these I keep and dont trade. I have them displayed nicely at home :) I also trade random pins for just ones I like in the parks and also display those on a large pin board, its really fun, pulled out my bag of traders last night and I had about 30 left cant wait for this event :)

jessrose18 said:
I have bought (mostly off ebay) and collected Wall E, UP, Enchanted, and Ratatouille pins, these I keep and dont trade. I have them displayed nicely at home :) I also trade random pins for just ones I like in the parks and also display those on a large pin board, its really fun, pulled out my bag of traders last night and I had about 30 left cant wait for this event :)

We love Wall-E :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I like Wall-E too, but I've only ever seen 1 pin of him. How do you display your collection at home? I have 3 shadow boxes but I need to come up with a new idea because I've run out of room in the boxes.

I'd love to trade, I don't have any opportunities unless we are in the US so I will be sure to bring my traders with me :)

tink576 said:
I like Wall-E too, but I've only ever seen 1 pin of him. How do you display your collection at home? I have 3 shadow boxes but I need to come up with a new idea because I've run out of room in the boxes.

Hmm.... We have 3 Wall-E pins.....he's the forgotten about Pixar character :(

Yes, shadow boxes. We have one for holiday pins, one for DCL/pirate pins, and one for the rest. DD also has one for hers.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I have about 40 wall e pins :) when they first came out I bought every one, the last year or two just the ones I like. But I did score all of the dsf ones upon release, so they are worth quite a bit of money (oh and i spent quite a bit too :)).... I will post pics later of my display's!

I'm interested to know, what does everyone like to collect? I personally love Figment and Goofy, I have a ton of hidden Mickey pins but I think I have given up on that set, every time I think I complete it they add another pin to the set.

I prefer to collect specialty and LTD ED pins ... including DCL, World of Disney, Cast Member and Walt Disney Family Museum. I also collect unique Tinkerbell, Donald, and Jessica Rabbit pins.
::yes::

Steven

Be careful, most of eBay sellers are scrapers...not all but a good portion. Check on the collectors board, I've also seen it pop up on the budget board, they have lists of good eBay sellers who are known to be good or bad.

I disagree! I know I am not a scrapper, and I am quite sure I am not listed on any collectors board (do you have a link ... not sure of which board you are referring?). As noted, check their feedback, check what they have been selling and buying. If you are not familiar or used to eBay, this may not be the best way to get your feet wet.

I disagree! I know I am not a scrapper, and I am quite sure I am not listed on any collectors board (do you have a link ... not sure of which board you are referring?). As noted, check their feedback, check what they have been selling and buying. If you are not familiar or used to eBay, this may not be the best way to get your feet wet.

I know not everyone is a scrapper...the problem is that many people who don't have experience ordering pins off ebay don't even know there is such a thing as scrappers and are dumbfounded when they get to the parks and it is explained to them. Typically when a person looks on ebay they are looking for the best "deal" the problem is if you get the best price you don't always get real pins. I just want people to be aware that there are many scrappers out there and you have to be on the lookout. Didn't mean anything against you. The threads on the collectors board was created from dis'ers posting on their experiences buying pins from different sellers.

Here's a link to the thread:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419

Taken from the thread:
"Major piece of advice: DON'T BUY BIG LOTS! They are often full of scrappers. Try to buy individual pins!

Also, don't just judge a seller by their feedback! I have been burned with scrappers by sellers with 100% positive feedback! The problem is that the majority of eBay buyers don't know what a scrapper is, or they don't know how to tell whether or not a pin is a scrapper."

Anyone collect Hidden Mickey's? I just realized that a ton of new ones have been released since my last trip?

many people who don't have experience ordering pins off ebay don't even know there is such a thing as scrappers and are dumbfounded when they get to the parks and it is explained to them.
- Which is why we provided information about scrappers (in general).

Typically when a person looks on ebay they are looking for the best "deal" the problem is if you get the best price you don't always get real pins.
- To suggest buying one pin at a time has any possibility of obtain the best deal is (in my opinion) ludicrous. After paying shipping fees, buyers may pay $4 - $5 per pin ... even for the cheapest pins. If someone is to buy single pins online, more than likely, they are looking for a SPECIFIC pin ... not traders.

Collector Boards
- My question was, are (were) you referring to eBay, Craigslist, DIS, Bulletin Boards? I did not know what you meant, and I am guessing those new to pin collecting / trading likely did not know you were referring to DISboards. Obviously, there are many websites and bulletin boards dealing with buying / selling pins and associated scrappers.

"Major piece of advice: DON'T BUY BIG LOTS! They are often full of scrappers ... don't just judge a seller by their feedback!
- OFTEN? Again, make sure you know the eBay buyer. Casting dispersions against a seller merely because they are selling larger quantities of pins (either in one auction, or smaller quantities in multiple auctions) is problematic. In my opinion, alleviating foreign sellers is the quickest way to avoid problems ... reviewing feedback, and reviewing the items typically sold by the seller are 2nd and 3rd quickest ways. I agree ... just because a seller has excellent feedback, does not guarantee anything with regard to the specific auction ... it merely provides a history of known past performance.

As a side note, I would not suggest buying fine jewelry from someone who normally sells baseball cards. Though a seller may have excellent knowledge about SOME products ... they are not necessarily experts in all products.[/QUOTE]

The problem is that the majority of eBay buyers don't know what a scrapper is, or they don't know how to tell whether or not a pin is a scrapper."

Which is why I said ... "If you DO buy online ... I ... suggest you DO NOT buy from someone outside of US / Canada." Suggesting a buyer avoid "X" seller because they sell many pins does NOT provide any meaningful way of helping the buyer identifying whether a pin is a scrapper."

I'm getting excited, less then 2 months out! So here are our numbers so far:

Tink576
Jessrose
Dsnydreamer
Loudisneyfan + two 13 yr old boys
Silverfox97 + dd5
Scott5150 + dc 9 and 12
Phred52
Disney enabler
Paulasillars
NancyIL's roommate

I'm going to coordinate four kids lanyards and make a tag to designate them since I don't have green lanyards and many of us are likely to wear lanyards of other traders as well. Would anyone else big willing to make a lanyard of 8 to ten traders for trading with kids? I'll make extra tags to bring.

My Wife Amy is also a pin trader, so you can add her to the list. My kids are Lucas (12) and Sarah (9).

Update: We have an official time and location!

It will be Costa Maya day from 8:30 to 10:30am, before we land in Costa Maya. It will be located in The Tube. This way it is early enough that it will not conflict with any shore excursions, we are supposed to be able to go ashore at 1. Hope you are all able to fit it into your schedules.

I'm getting excited, less then 2 months out! So here are our numbers so far:

Tink576
Jessrose
Dsnydreamer
Loudisneyfan + two 13 yr old boys
Silverfox97 + dd5
Scott5150 + dc 9 and 12
Phred52
Disney enabler
Paulasillars
NancyIL's roommate

I'm going to coordinate four kids lanyards and make a tag to designate them since I don't have green lanyards and many of us are likely to wear lanyards of other traders as well. Would anyone else big willing to make a lanyard of 8 to ten traders for trading with kids? I'll make extra tags to bring.
NancyIL's roommate is DavidaTN (me!), and I'm looking forward to having my pins to trade -- if I don't trade all of them away the week before at WDW! If you still need a kid's lanyard, let me know and I'll put one together, though I feel all my pins I trade are tradeable with kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter