People complaining about getting two movies at Coco showings.

The movie run time listed on AMC theatres included the frozen short in it just not the time for trailers.

Well, Regal theaters are not ............ and Fandango is not, which sells lots of the tickets.

That's actually an interesting point.

Around me AMC, B&B (formerly Dickinson) and Cinemark all list the total runtime to include the short. Alamo Drafthouse (which has a location near me that used to be an AMC) isn't showing Coco here in my area but their website does include the short in the runtime.

Actually Cinemark has this when you go to their showtimes page (which is the only one that to me clearly spells out that here's what you have included with the movie Coco):
upload_2017-12-5_11-3-15.png

However, Fandango does not, Regal Theaters does not. Cinetopia theaters uses Fandango for ticket sales but does not include the short on the description of the movie on their website either.

ETA: Actually now that I think about it more I don't know, other than Cinemark, if any of the theaters or ticket sellers actually clearly advertise the Frozen short is shown with the movie even if they include it in their runtime (*could be wrong on that though). You could easily think the movie is that long and be prepared for that but not know that the longer runtime includes a short.

Last edited:
I am not a Frozen fan, as I've always admitted here, as I will admit in the cut/paste I'm going to do from my other post about the short in a minute. And I am also not "outraged" or "yelling and screaming" about the short. At the end of the day, it's just a movie (and I'm told on the YouTube site I am LUCKY to be able to even ATTEND a movie - which I AM!) I have had several "not so nice" comments directed towards me on the YouTube Daily Fix regarding this subject. I'm a big girl, and can handle it, but c'mon!! However - I AM entitled to my feelings, and opinions, as is everyone here. So - let's not "bash"those of us that felt the short was not "all that", and I promise not to bash those that do. Fair is fair. And - as you will see in my cut/paste, my movie buddy felt the same way, and had no preconceived thoughts/feelings/ideas at ALL about Frozen, or anything. I also had no idea the "short" was so long (or any of the controversy) going in, I just wanted to see Coco, and whatever came before, as I always look forward to all Pixar's before shorts, and after "shorts" (if you call them that) - which I noticed - even though I stayed there until ALL the credits rolled, and the theater was totally empty - there was NOT one.

Here now is my cut/paste

First of all, I thought the Frozen "short" beforehand was WAAAAAY too long and involved to be a short, preview, trailer, anything of that sort. The person I was with (who didn't know anything about Frozen, or Coco beforehand, so had no preconceived notions or prejudices) kept asking me "Is this the movie - I thought you told me the movie was about the Day of the Dead, and skeletons and stuff, and all I see is winter time stuff". He also stated several times he was confused about what was going on, because while there was a LOT of storyline and details, there were also quite a few "references" to Frozen, which he had not seen. (Like the gloves in the Christmas box - he had no idea what those were for/what the meaning was). As you all probably know, I thought Frozen was just "meh", and I am at the gagging point with the oversaturation, but I tried to put those feelings aside as much as I could. I did like some of the songs, or snatches of songs, in this, thought Olaf and Sven were cute, but again - it went on WAAAAY to long, so started annoying me, instead of keeping me lightly entertained before the main feature.

When I went to go see Coco, I did not know about the short. So I had no expectations. My takeaways:
  1. It did feel long. Felt like it kept going on and on.
  2. It felt like they tried to cram as much music in this as possible, with only one good song.
  3. The children sitting behind me, did not like it one bit. One kept complaining to his father how long it is. The other one kept sighing really loudly, and even more loudly whenever a new song started, LOL.
After seeing it, I kept wondering why they felt the need to include such a long "short". My gut tells me is that they did not have faith that the film would appeal to a large audience outside of Mexico, so they included their fan favorite franchise to get people in the audience. They did not have faith that word of mouth was going to be good enough Coco, and due to some of our political climate I could see why. A movie about a different culture and a holiday not celebrated by many does seem to be a hard sell. I really think that if most people actually found the short excellent and enjoyed it, this would not have been an issue. The big issue here is it was not really that good.

Coco is an excellent film and can stand on its own.

I am not a Frozen fan, as I've always admitted here, as I will admit in the cut/paste I'm going to do from my other post about the short in a minute. And I am also not "outraged" or "yelling and screaming" about the short. At the end of the day, it's just a movie (and I'm told on the YouTube site I am LUCKY to be able to even ATTEND a movie - which I AM!) I have had several "not so nice" comments directed towards me on the YouTube Daily Fix regarding this subject. I'm a big girl, and can handle it, but c'mon!! However - I AM entitled to my feelings, and opinions, as is everyone here. So - let's not "bash"those of us that felt the short was not "all that", and I promise not to bash those that do. Fair is fair. And - as you will see in my cut/paste, my movie buddy felt the same way, and had no preconceived thoughts/feelings/ideas at ALL about Frozen, or anything. I also had no idea the "short" was so long (or any of the controversy) going in, I just wanted to see Coco, and whatever came before, as I always look forward to all Pixar's before shorts, and after "shorts" (if you call them that) - which I noticed - even though I stayed there until ALL the credits rolled, and the theater was totally empty - there was NOT one.

Here now is my cut/paste

First of all, I thought the Frozen "short" beforehand was WAAAAAY too long and involved to be a short, preview, trailer, anything of that sort. The person I was with (who didn't know anything about Frozen, or Coco beforehand, so had no preconceived notions or prejudices) kept asking me "Is this the movie - I thought you told me the movie was about the Day of the Dead, and skeletons and stuff, and all I see is winter time stuff". He also stated several times he was confused about what was going on, because while there was a LOT of storyline and details, there were also quite a few "references" to Frozen, which he had not seen. (Like the gloves in the Christmas box - he had no idea what those were for/what the meaning was). As you all probably know, I thought Frozen was just "meh", and I am at the gagging point with the oversaturation, but I tried to put those feelings aside as much as I could. I did like some of the songs, or snatches of songs, in this, thought Olaf and Sven were cute, but again - it went on WAAAAY to long, so started annoying me, instead of keeping me lightly entertained before the main feature.

Heidi - you should realize you are LUCKY to be able to post on a website and sooooo fortunate to receive all the criticism that you do! Many people in the world aren't able to receive that personal and direct bashing on a daily basis!!!

Heidi - you should realize you are LUCKY to be able to post on a website and sooooo fortunate to receive all the criticism that you do! Many people in the world aren't able to receive that personal and direct bashing on a daily basis!!!
:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Mea cupla.

DD21 and I loved it! We love other countries (even make-believe-ones-resembling-Norway, lol) and we love Christmas. We also love Sven! I guess we're in the minority, but I'm sad to see it go. I hope it will be on the Coco DVD when it comes out (please, Disney, make it be 4K UHD!!!) or can be purchased some other way. I can see it being added to the long list of things we like to watch every December.

DH didn't comment one way or the other. DS15 hates Frozen due to it being overly used in the parks....and he blames it for Muppetvision leaving DCA. Surprisingly DS didn't say anything about it when it was over, so I guess he didn't hate it as much as he thought he would, because I'm fairly sure he would have let everyone know if he hated it, lol.

Okay, I lied ............

I didn't wait until the short was gone.

This afternoon DS2 said he could buy tickets for Coco for today for $5, so we picked up DS1 and went straight there. 15 minutes of trailers. Then the short. I enjoyed Frozen but never re-watched or really got all into all the stuff. I do the ride but not the show, other than a couple ornaments own nothing Frozen. I thought the short was very cute and obviously from the ratio of how it was shot .... it was supposed to be on tv. What a great holiday tv special it would have been, Disney messed that up. It was Disney, it was holidays, it was about traditions and kinda the story it was always there you just needed to click your heels three times. It was WAY too long to make folks wait 45 minutes for a movie. The plus was DS1 fell asleep and got in a good nap to be able to watch Coco.

LOVED LOVED LOVED Coco, may be my favorite Disney movie in many many years. Had several stories going, some underlying, it was full of tradition and messages, it was beautiful to watch, the movie was good .......... it's one I can watch over and over ..... so many details. Actually trying to plan to go at least once more in the theater.

I have yet to see the movie yet. I knew that there was a Frozen short before the film from a preview I saw a few weeks ago. I really didn't know how long the Frozen part was until someone posted this thread. Including the other previews with the short seems like a lot of extra time. I always try to miss the previews. Maybe if they had no other previews and just the short and the movie it would have been better. Does anyone know when they are pulling the Frozen short from the movie? I was surprised that when I told my 8 year old nephew that Disney was taking away the short he was disappointed. I thought he would have been happy since he has never been a Frozen fan. Do we need to go out this weekend to see the film with the short still in it? I get what people are saying the movie time is long but I still would like to see the Frozen short too. I liked Frozen when it first came out but since I have 2 five year old nieces it kind of got over played. I also didn't realize that the movie is playing in 3d. I can't see 3d so I really don't want to spend money for 3d.

I have yet to see the movie yet. I knew that there was a Frozen short before the film from a preview I saw a few weeks ago. I really didn't know how long the Frozen part was until someone posted this thread. Including the other previews with the short seems like a lot of extra time. I always try to miss the previews. Maybe if they had no other previews and just the short and the movie it would have been better. Does anyone know when they are pulling the Frozen short from the movie? I was surprised that when I told my 8 year old nephew that Disney was taking away the short he was disappointed. I thought he would have been happy since he has never been a Frozen fan. Do we need to go out this weekend to see the film with the short still in it? I get what people are saying the movie time is long but I still would like to see the Frozen short too. I liked Frozen when it first came out but since I have 2 five year old nieces it kind of got over played. I also didn't realize that the movie is playing in 3d. I can't see 3d so I really don't want to spend money for 3d.

Not sure of the date, but I know others that would like to see the "short" too so would be nice if they had it at some showings or ran it after Coco or something so people that did want to see it could. Or maybe they will run it on TV before Christmas - that would work too

As for the 3D/2D thing - we only saw it in 2D (our theater had both options but 3D tends to give my wife a headache) and we still enjoyed it. I did hear from a few people that saw it in 3D that they did appreciate it and it gave even more depth to the Land of the Dead area

Last day I believe is December 7th (which is tomorrow) with the removal going into effect on Friday December 8th (from the News Round Up thread)

I do know that Cinemark Theaters does list the last day as December 7th:
upload_2017-12-6_8-59-40.png

I only saw in digital;. It's rare I voluntarily pay the outrageous prices for 3-D.

If seeing two movies instead of one is a problem in life, well then, I need to pack it in...

Regal here was showing Coco run time with the short included - so I knew it was just over 2 hours total. I always add 20 min for previews as well. I loved both Coco and the Frozen short. I thought they went very well together since both have themes of family and tradition. We made a special trip to see Coco once we knew they planned to remove the Frozen short. I am so glad we did. I thought it was perfect for the time of year. We all loved it.
None of us really understand being that upset for giving you something extra, something special, for your patronage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!