People Familiar With CA, How Would You Do This?

CamColt

Now that I got Angels/Red Sox tickets for the day we disembark the Magic, I need to think of the logisitcs. We will disembark the Magic in the morning and we need to be at the Long Beach Airport by 7:30 pm. Between then we need to get to the Angels Stadium in Anaheim, and we will have all our luggage.

So how would you do it? Ive come up with a couple ideas.
1) Just rent a car at the port and leave the luggage in there during the game. This would be the cheapest option, but not the safest for our luggage. Plus Im guessing it would be stressful driving around there, and having to rent and return the car at 2 different places(I hear Enterprise which is at the port wont let you do that anyway?).
2)Take a shuttle back to the Anaheim area and rent a cheap hotel room for the day. We could leave the luggage in the room and have a place to wash up/rest after the game. Then we would just take a shuttle back to the airport. This would be more money, but to avoid the stress and worry about our stuff in the car, it may be worth it.
Any other ideas that Im missing? Does anyone know if the port has anywhere to store luggage?

You should try the hotel that you are staying at, some of them will let you leave your baggage with them in a storage room after you check out then you pick it up on your way to the airport. :wizard:

Thanks, but that is sort of our problem. We arent coming from a hotel. We are getting off the Magic that morning. We will be at the DisneyLand Hotel for 4 nights before the cruise, but I doubt they would let us come back and drop off our luggage without getting a room. That would be nice though. ;)

I bet the DL Hotel would do it for you when they see you already stayed there before you went on the cruise. Just call the hotel and have them transfer you to the Bell Captain's desk and ask. The worst they can do is say no. :)

i like your second idea...to get a room and store your things there, wash up and relax. that sounds good already.

i would suggest you don't keep your luggage locked in your cars. that's not a good idea.

calypso*a*go-go said:
I bet the DL Hotel would do it for you when they see you already stayed there before you went on the cruise. Just call the hotel and have them transfer you to the Bell Captain's desk and ask. The worst they can do is say no. :)

DH did suggest that but Ive never heard of anyone doing that so I figured it wouldnt be allowed. Maybe we will just give them a call and see.

You're flying out of Long Beach right? Since they are a smaller airport, would there be any chance you could actually check in your luggage when you get off the ship and then rent a car? (or just take super shuttle)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter