People talking during the movie.

TropicalDIS

DIS Veteran
Saw Beauty & the Beast for the 2nd time tonight. Really enjoy the movie.

Almost ruined however. We sat in what's called the VIP section here in Canada. Nice roomy seating, and they deliver food & drinks to your seat. 19+ only.

2 ladies, late 30's/early 40's come in late. Sit beside me, with a pitcher of beer. Clink their glasses and procede to chat and laugh throughout most of the movie, leaving to get a second pitcher of beer halfway through. From their chatting, i gathered they had already seen the movie, so became pretty clear this was just a gossip session for them.

Thankfully one of them left for the final 15 mins, and didnt come back till the last scene, so that was enjoyable for me.

I'm ashamed to say i said nothing. I don't know why. I didn't feel like a confrontation tonight. Im all riled up about it now. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with that. I should have said something, and now im mad at myself.

Anyone been in a similar position?
What did you do?

What would you have done in my position?

I should have known it was bad when they tried to take a selfie at the start of the movie and ended up taking a picture of the whole theatre, flash on.

Cirque Soleil. I had a ticket in the most expensive section and these yahoos right behind me were loudly wolf whistling the female performers and providing (profane) commentary behind me. The guy next me kept turning around to shush them, but I could tell they were the kind of guys that enjoy the confrontation so didn't bother. It didn't ruin my experience, and it's not quite a theater setting, you know?

But all the same I really wondered why you'd spend the money and be obnoxious like that. I mean, I got a "discount" last minute ticket, and it was still over $100. The family that were really upset had bought the tickets full price and I could certainly understand their ire.

Selfies are definitely a bad omen:rotfl2:

I'm sorry this happened to you. My thing is whenever I pay $$$ to see something I deserve to have the most enjoyable experience I possibly can have. With those two chatting away next to you they were ruining that experience. If you weren't comfortable or didn't what to start anything I would have got up and had a Manager come in a say something to them to shut them up.

I'm sorry this happened to you. My thing is whenever I pay $$$ to see something I deserve to have the most enjoyable experience I possibly can have. With those two chatting away next to you they were ruining that experience. If you weren't comfortable or didn't what to start anything I would have got up and had a Manager come in a say something to them to shut them up.

Good thought. Should have done that!

What a bummer when that happens. I had to report some really chatty people before. I don't confront them on my own but I quietly tell one of the staff that its bothersome and they take care of it usually.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!