Percentage of stays at home resort

We are right at 50% since we are just coming up on our 1 year anniversary. Done one stay at Vero, and one at Poly (home).

I'm trying to figure it out in my head if I wanted to use home resort priority on a rotating basis, banking and borrowing each of 3 contracts (aulani, Poly, and Vero or HH) if it's even possible to do that with 11month priority...of course, if I do 200 at each, the Bungalows become a possibility. Reason I want Aulani is for priority over xmas. Vero or HH, I want so I have priority, as flexibility seems to be getting tight for the next 10-15 years.

took us to our 3rd booking before we stayed at out home resort @ Copper Creek. Just depends on timing and the mood we are in.

We always book 1 bedroom, so there is usually plenty of availability 7-5 months out.

BWV owners - probably around 90% at home.

Here is the advice I give to people - when looking to buy a less expensive resort and stay in a resort that carries a high purchase premium, you have to assume that most of the people paying the high purchase premium are either stupid or rich enough to throw money away. You generally don't pay more for BCV for fewer years to stay at SSR regularly unless you are stupid or stupidly rich. Buy where you won't be disappointed to end up - book before the seven month window opens - or earlier if you can - and if you want to try something different, see what is available at seven months. With some flexibility and luck over time, you'll get to stay lots of places - probably most of them even if that early December GFV reservation never shows up, but if you buy where you are happy to stay, and book during the home resort window, you won't be disappointed to end up with no options that sound better than home to you at seven months.

Once you own the points, the math changes because the cost is sunk and if you want to spend your point non-optimally for cruises or to stay at SSR (we did a really nice VAKL trip with our BWV points), then do it once in a while.

after trying a few different resorts when we bought in 2006, we are now 100 percent OKW. Truly love the place!

Our upcoming trip will be the first time we won't be staying at our home resort at all but we are planning a home resort stay for our next trip.

some time back we stayed at the YC and really enjoyed the Epcot resort area. So during our stays at the YC they built the BWV. During that time it seemed like most DVC members and the Vacation club guides we spoke with said to buy where you would like to stay so after a few stays at the BWV we decided to make that our Home Resort and haven't gotten tired of it yet. So far we have been there 100%. But maybe in the future/who knows!

0% for us. We have owned for 12 years at SSR and haven't stayed there once. We have stayed at VB, BCV, BWV, AKV, OKW, BLT and Aulani. We have made a reservation at SSR at 11 months and have always been able to change it at 7 months.

We have SSR and AUL. Only strayed from home resort once to AKV in the 10 years we have owned DVC. Use SSR one or two nights before a DCL cruise. Stayed a week at AUL.

I purchased a 200 point OKW contract in 2002. Family has been to WDW basically every other year since then.
We like to move around see and stay at different resorts. As a result we have only stayed at our home resort maybe 3 times out of 10 trips.

I would say 85%
The only times I don’t stay at my home resorts (AKV & BCV) is when I want to add a last minute trip... you don’t get into BCV last minute lol! Or if I need a large rental.... like a 2BR. My points stretch much farther at OKW, plus the rooms are bigger.

I only book a large villa maybe every 4 years or so.. I typically get Studios and 1BR so I book early and stay at my home resorts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!