Perfectly Princess Tea

Christa Jackson-Smallwood

Earning My Ears
Has anyone here done this? Reviews? Pictures, if allowed? Our first trip will be in May 2018, so the grandparents want to make it extra special for a 5 year old who loves Princess Aurora. Thank you so much in advance.

We did it in March of this year. I have two daughters, 4.5 and 2.5 at the time. They both liked it okay, but didn't love it as much as other events. For one, everyone found Miss Rose Petal (the MC) incredibly annoying. Aurora isn't there for that long, but there is time to meet and get an autograph. Interaction times with Aurora were 2 mins per kid, similar to what you get in a character meal. For what it costs (something like $650-700 for the 4 of us), us parents didn't love it either. The food is so-so, but we are not big chicken salad eaters. There are a lot of gifts (charms and bracelet, nice aurora doll, a rose, a backpack (cinch sack kind)). In the end they lead you to one of the grand floridian gift shops, which I thought was super tacky.

I didn't like the time either (mid-morning). I would have preferred afternoon, so that we didn't "waste" a park morning. My wife liked the diversion from the parks, however.

My recommendation is to check out youtube videos/reviews. Some of them do a good job capturing the different aspects of the events. People seem to rave about the event, but I think some of that is because when you spend that much money, it's hard to admit it wasn't worth it. Just my $0.02.

[Random aside: Disney Cruise Line has a variant of this, called Royal Court Royal Tea and it was amazing. If you are ever going to sail DCL, skip Perfectly Princess Tea and do RCRT when you next sail].

Last edited:
We did it with my 5 year old in October and it was amazing. It was worth every penny, which is saying something because it's a lot of pennies. It was a really magical experience for both of us.

The individual interaction with Aurora is a couple minutes but she spends a lot of time with the whole group.

We did it in March of this year. I have two daughters, 4.5 and 2.5 at the time. They both liked it okay, but didn't love it as much as other events. For one, everyone found Miss Rose Petal (the MC) incredibly annoying. Aurora isn't there for that long, but there is time to meet and get an autograph. Interaction times with Aurora were 2 mins per kid, similar to what you get in a character meal. For what it costs (something like $650-700 for the 4 of us), us parents didn't love it either. The food is so-so, but we are not big chicken salad eaters. There are a lot of gifts (charms and bracelet, nice aurora doll, a rose, a backpack (cinch sack kind)). In the end they lead you to one of the grand floridian gift shops, which I thought was super tacky.

I didn't like the time either (mid-morning). I would have preferred afternoon, so that we didn't "waste" a park morning. My wife liked the diversion from the parks, however.

[Random aside: Disney Cruise Line has a variant of this, called Royal Court Royal Tea and it was amazing. If you are ever going to sail DCL, skip Perfectly Princess Tea and do RCRT when you next sail].
Thank you so very much for the honest reply. Aurora is her most favorite princess, so I want this to be extra special for the two of us! I truly appreciate your response!

We did it with my 5 year old in October and it was amazing. It was worth every penny, which is saying something because it's a lot of pennies. It was a really magical experience for both of us.

The individual interaction with Aurora is a couple minutes but she spends a lot of time with the whole group.
Thanks so much! This will be our most important moment during our trip! My DD is absolutely infatuated with Princess Aurora! I truly appreciate your insight!!!

Thank you so very much for the honest reply. Aurora is her most favorite princess, so I want this to be extra special for the two of us! I truly appreciate your response!

If she loves Aurora, she will like this... I probably downplayed the stuff you get, but the aurora doll is really nice. It's as nice or nicer than an American Girl doll, for example. My kids still play with those dolls a lot... And my kids liked the charm bracelet and still occasionally wear it.

Last edited:

If only Aurora did the parts that Miss Rose Petal did... Maybe it was just us, or just the "helper" that day, but I just found Miss Rose Petal super annoying...
That's not so fun then. I'm willing to do it just for the few minutes with Princess Aurora, so my DD can have that magic while her heart is still open to believing. I want her first trip to have some amazing moments. Thanks so much for the insight!!!!

She absolutely loves Aurora! It's probably my fault. It was one of her first Disney movies, and I also loved it as a little girl. I'm certain she will love this experience, and, in the end, that's all that matters!

I just did this in June with my 5 year old DD and she absolutely loved it! Aurora is her favorite princess and she spends a good amount of time with each child. My DD wore her Aurora dress and got a lot of attention from that too! She also loved Rose Petal, really she loved every second of it and still talks about it almost every day. She wants to do it again but at that price it is a one time birthday splurge! Definitely worth every penny, especially for an Aurora fan! I wouldn't recommend going straight to a park after because you leave with a whole bag of stuff and a fresh rose.

I just did this in June with my 5 year old DD and she absolutely loved it! Aurora is her favorite princess and she spends a good amount of time with each child. My DD wore her Aurora dress and got a lot of attention from that too! She also loved Rose Petal, really she loved every second of it and still talks about it almost every day. She wants to do it again but at that price it is a one time birthday splurge! Definitely worth every penny, especially for an Aurora fan! I wouldn't recommend going straight to a park after because you leave with a whole bag of stuff and a fresh rose.
Thank you so much for the help! I really think my daughter will love this. She will go nuts over this! .

If she loves Aurora, she will like this... I probably downplayed the stuff you get, but the aurora doll is really nice. It's as nice or nicer than an American Girl doll, for example. My kids still play with those dolls a lot... And my kids liked the charm bracelet and still occasionally wear it.
No, it most certainly is not. I'm not sure if you've ever bought American Girl, but the Disney doll doesn't even approach those dolls in quality. It's cheaply-made with rooted hair, much like a $30 doll from Target. It would be more on par with those.

We have done this twice. Once when my Daughter was 5 and again when she was 7. She loved it both times. Everything and everyone is fancy, which she really liked. We loved listening to Rose Petal tell stories and the piano player was great. The food was minimal, but very tasty. The doll is fine, but it's certainly not American Girl quality. She loved drinking tea/apple juice out of a tea cup and Aurora spent a few minutes sitting and talking with her each time.

If your daughter is into princesses and being fancy, I think it's a good fit.

Following, I've considered doing this with my DD but I'm always turned off by the price. Is it that much more magical than say CRT or Akershus where you get princesses and a full meal for less money?

Following, I've considered doing this with my DD but I'm always turned off by the price. Is it that much more magical than say CRT or Akershus where you get princesses and a full meal for less money?

In my experience yes. Here's what happened at the PPT:

After we checked in the hostess played some games with the girls until Rose Petal came out. Then Rose Petal announced each girl one by one to enter the room and gave each a Crown. Once inside she lead the girls in more activities. When Aurora came out she did some songs and dances with the girls as well as going around to each table. At the end she lead all the girls on a grand promenade of the GF lobby (including going up the staircase). It was way way way more interaction with Aurora than either a meet and greet or character meal even if it wasn't all one on one.

Our meal at CRT was our most disappointing experience of the trip. The food was okay but not what it should be for the price and each princess was at our table for a minute. It was very rushed in terms of interaction. Akershus was only better because we paid less for it and got on to FEA after, the food wasn't great and again the interactions for really rushed. At character meals those short minutes with the characters are all you get with them. At PPT there's more.

We did this a few years ago.
It was by far, my most special moment at WDW ever. And my daughter liked it too ;)

We loved Rose Petal. My daughter was at the older end, maybe 8? I do think it might be something worth waiting for until they are maybe 5 or 6 or so. Just so they get the most out of it

Seriously though, it really is adorable. Yes, it is pricey, but for me, it was totally worth it. I'll never forget it. :goodvibes

In my experience yes. Here's what happened at the PPT:

After we checked in the hostess played some games with the girls until Rose Petal came out. Then Rose Petal announced each girl one by one to enter the room and gave each a Crown. Once inside she lead the girls in more activities. When Aurora came out she did some songs and dances with the girls as well as going around to each table. At the end she lead all the girls on a grand promenade of the GF lobby (including going up the staircase). It was way way way more interaction with Aurora than either a meet and greet or character meal even if it wasn't all one on one.

Our meal at CRT was our most disappointing experience of the trip. The food was okay but not what it should be for the price and each princess was at our table for a minute. It was very rushed in terms of interaction. Akershus was only better because we paid less for it and got on to FEA after, the food wasn't great and again the interactions for really rushed. At character meals those short minutes with the characters are all you get with them. At PPT there's more.
Thanks for the reply. We've done Akershus twice but never CRT. I was going to try to get CRT for our upcoming trip but since we are staying offsite, I'm not sure if I will be able to snag an ADR there. I will consider the tea party, too. My DD will be 2 months shy of her 8th birthday when we go, so I feel like we don't have much longer before she outgrows her love of princesses. :'(

We have done this twice. Once when my Daughter was 5 and again when she was 7. She loved it both times. Everything and everyone is fancy, which she really liked. We loved listening to Rose Petal tell stories and the piano player was great. The food was minimal, but very tasty. The doll is fine, but it's certainly not American Girl quality. She loved drinking tea/apple juice out of a tea cup and Aurora spent a few minutes sitting and talking with her each time.

If your daughter is into princesses and being fancy, I think it's a good fit.
Yes, my DD is all about the princesses! This sounds like something she will love! Thanks for info!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!