phone charges....DVC???

lisaviolet

DIS Veteran
Hi,

I used the phone to use my calling card numerous times from my room on my trip to SSR. This is the first time in years that I've touched a phone at WDW as I know they are little demons disguised as phones. If you have ever been shocked by WDW phone charges you'll get the last sentence. But I checked and using my calling card was just 75 cents a call.

I checked my charges before I checked out and I went back to the desk and told the CM, "look I made a whole lot of calls...I think you are missing the charge". She checked it and said, "I can't find it anywhere on your account....if you are the DVC member staying here I just wouldn't worry about it."

Do DVC members use the room phones for free using a calling card? I am confused. Anyone know? She thought the charge for calling cards was 35 cents....I read 75 cents ......no charges were coming up.

I think 800 numbers (like most calling cards use) are free. Local calls are 35 cents for members. 75 cents for non-members.

Chuck S is right- I have never had any charges when I have used my calling cards. I learned about the phones the hard way when one teenager in our party made multiple calls home to her boyfriend - $75 later I said never again - always take a prepaid card with me now.

Thanks. That is fantastic news. We have always checked our business messages from a pay phone (with CC) thinking WDW phones charge. Good to know for future trips.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter