Photo a Week #1

xder345

Bananum in avre habeo!
Hey all, I'm going to try and post a photo a week on the boards for the upcoming future.
Here's #1:

Click here for a larger version.
http://images.fotopic.net/?iid=y5vj4p&noresize=1&nostamp=1&quality=70

This is a 30 second exposure taken from the balcony of our room at Animal Kingdom Lodge with a Canon A80 on a tripod. This particular shot overlooks the Sunset Savanna. The long-horned creatures are Ankole Cattle. The horns span between 8 and 10 feet. They slept there almost every night. In the back, towards the right, you can just make out some large African birds...not so much in this resized image. The savannas are lit by artificial moonlight at night, making for some great photo-ops.

Unfortunately, I have a wedding coming up in the next two months (honemoon, where else but WDW?), with lots of trips out of town, so I won't be consistent enough to do one a day. For now, one a week will have to do.

What a beautiful picture :)
I would have thought that a 30 second exposure would have had some blurring from movement, well it would in mine :confused3

No, it would have shaken to bits for me too. This was on a tripod on the balcony. I had to shut the lights off in the room to prevent the stray light from overpowering the sides of the scene.

Sweet!

I am TERRIBLE at taking those types of shots, even with a tripod. I just am unable to visually compose the shot.

So I stick to what I do.

Anne

Nice job!

I have a Canon A80 and love it! It does a great job for a little digital.

I had to laugh at the 30 sec exposure- guess those cattle don't move much!

Yeah, the A80 is a great camera. I still miss it. I sold it to my sister, along with all the accessories that I had accumulated for it. And yeah, they were asleep. This was around midnight or so...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter