Photo Sharing: Canon Part Two

Thanks Kathy. :) I decided to finally work my way through the pictures I took on our 2007 trip west. We drove all the way west and stopped for a couple days at Disneyland. While we were there, my DSLR died. It wasn't that old so it really caught me off guard (I think that was the old XT model). The shutter just failed. The kids were quite amused at the thought of mom being on a big trip without her good camera. I did have a small Sony point and shoot along as a backup. Back in the day I called that my "ankle camera" in a nod to a commercial running at the time with a dad who kept promising to get rid of his phones, but kept one in his sock referred to as his "ankle phone". ;)

Anyway, after DL, we were headed to Zion and Canyonlands and I was so sad to have to photograph them with a tiny point and shoot. The shots were indeed mostly disappointing. Lots of bad ones to sift through, but outdoors in bright light it did ok.

This was taken with that Sony from a quick stop at Cedar Breaks National Monument on our way from Zion to Canyonlands. I loved this stop. It was in early June 2007 and it was 37 degrees. That's my kind of summer vacation! And the kids loved being able to have a snowball fight in the middle of summer.

Well if this shot and the Zion swell pic are examples of backup work; you certainly rose to the occasion! I'm looking forward to more from that trip (I remember reading your TR and enjoying it!).

Some of my favorite Disney/Universal pictures and trip out west in 2008 shots were taken with my Canon G9 and G12 cameras. That camera line is a workhorse!

IMG_9600ed-2ed-XL.jpg

Well if this shot and the Zion swell pic are examples of backup work; you certainly rose to the occasion! I'm looking forward to more from that trip (I remember reading your TR and enjoying it!).

Some of my favorite Disney/Universal pictures and trip out west in 2008 shots were taken with my Canon G9 and G12 cameras. That camera line is a workhorse!
Thanks Kathy! Those were from my "ankle camera". :p I'm glad to have found some keepers, but anything that wasn't outdoors in bright light was mostly trash.

I don't even remember what happened to that Sony point and shoot. But pulling these out now makes me think I need to pick up a reasonably priced point and shoot again to have as a back up.

I never did do a trip report from this particular trip. (I'm only sifting through them now because I'm working on the scrapbook). You're probably thinking of my 2010 trip report. Lots of southwest scenery in that one too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts