Photo Sharing: Landscapes, Seascapes, and more

d6d1de10-32d6-47fd-a030-b972b4c44d86.jpg

I recently met up with a couple of buddies for a long weekend/short week of photography shenanigans in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. While there, we kept a close eye on the weather, especially for the nights we were there. A couple of nights lined up nicely so we left our cabin at 1 a.m. one of those nights and drove the hour and half over to Clingmans Dome. From the parking lot, we made the half mile hike at a steep grade to the observation tower to photograph the Milky Way. You guys, if you ever have the chance to photograph the Milky Way, do it. It was easily the darkest clear sky that I've seen. We could clearly make out the Milky Way from the parking lot and it was glorious. We went up the ramp towards the top of the observation tower and did panoramic images from there. This is a 6 shot vertical panorama, but I wish that I had done 8 shots to have a little more buffer at each end. I applied a graduated filter in Lightroom to the bottom part of the image to tone down the light pollution and then a radial filter to the Milky Way itself to tweak the colors to what I wanted.

Clingmans Dome Milky Way Pano by Jason, on Flickr

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts