Photographers & Memory Maker

BaileyWhite

Earning My Ears
Photographers - I need your input...

Is the Memory Maker worth it? Basically, the shots I've seen (which are few), are not super flattering. I like my images to have correct exposure, creamy bokeh, etc.

However, I feel like the photos that the Photopass people take are just an Auto Mode and there's nothing special about them. I especially HATE the "magical" photos where they edit them. They just look super tacky to me.

I am willing to bring my DSLR and most likely my Sigma 18-35 lens.... that being said, do you think we should get the memory maker for 4 days at the parks?

Thanks!!

It's up to you, but I've never gotten the memory maker. The only thing you're honestly missing is the on-ride photos. If that's no biggie for you, then I'd skip it.

At anything that has a Photopass photographer, you can give them your camera and they'll take pictures on both their equipment and yours. Sure, you may have to "Auto" it for some things for the CM's, but at least you can have control over what you do to those photos later.

It's up to you, but I've never gotten the memory maker. The only thing you're honestly missing is the on-ride photos. If that's no biggie for you, then I'd skip it.

At anything that has a Photopass photographer, you can give them your camera and they'll take pictures on both their equipment and yours. Sure, you may have to "Auto" it for some things for the CM's, but at least you can have control over what you do to those photos later.

Yeah, I was thinking the "ride photos" would be the only thing I'd be missing out on... Just wanted to see if any other photographers had the same opinion of it haha

I don't have a need for the ride photos. Also, if you don't get the package, they still scan your band and such and have photos on file. You can always purchase any photos later if you want. So it's not a "must have" before you go either.

I don't have a need for the ride photos. Also, if you don't get the package, they still scan your band and such and have photos on file. You can always purchase any photos later if you want. So it's not a "must have" before you go either.

Oh nice! I'm sure they're super expensive that way... but I guess buying a couple is better than spending $170 on 500 photos I don't like lol

You probably won't be happy with their shots. I really only do it so I get into the shots as well. And once we have paid for it, I am more likely to make sure we stop every chance we get.

You can have them take shots on your camera of course. They will happily do so. But I have found that they tend to take 1 or 2 on your camera, and often cut off feet and don't frame the shot the way I'd like. Of course then, with their own camera they take a bunch of different shots with different angles and framing options.

I purchase it, but that's because if I don't, I'm not in any pictures.... LOL

Exactly this I now have a vacation album which I'm in.

I think the universal agreement is the photos aren't great but what your getting is goodbvalue if you use it and happy to do a little editing yourself, I personally will always recommend it to others as it's just means you get a picture with your family with you in it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!