Photoshop Elements for digital scrapbooking?

Angel Ariel

DIS Veteran
Does anyone here use Photoshop Elements for digital scrapbooking? Do you find it works well? Or is it necessary to have the full photoshop to do digital scrapbooking?

I'm not huge into digital scrapbooking (yet anyway), but I'd like the ability to use some fun PNGs I've found as freebies from various Disney digital scrapbooking sites and you can't use PNGs in shutterfly or in Lightroom (which I just got for Christmas). It looks like now you can upload digital layouts to shutterfly to print the books, though (at least I think I remember seeing that), and that would be nice. I enjoy using shutterfly, but it's a pain to have to have internet access to do the designing. If I could use something like Elements to design, where I don't need internet access, and then upload to shutterfly, that'd be the best of both worlds!

Any reviews of using elements for digital scrapbooking would be appreciated!

Hey - I use Photoshop Elements for scrapbooking. I like it. I used to have Photoshop, but that just got too expensive when it came time to upgrade, and I wasn't willing to pay a monthly fee for software. So I switched to Elements. It's less complete than Photoshop, yes... but it's still effective. I like it.

You can use layered .png files as templates for your pages, or create your own. I tend to create my own layouts, but I've picked up a few templates that I've liked using.

You can then upload to whatever site you like for printing, of course. (I like persnicketyprints.com, but Shutterfly will do.) :)

My DW loves Photoshop Elements. I bought her an Epson R3000 so she can print her own 12x12 pages and not have to wait for the page to be delivered.

Check out Chelle's digi-scrap videos on You Tube:

Gah ... it won't let me post the link ... just search for Chelle's Creations on YouTube.

Yes, Elements does most of what you would need for digital scrapbooking. If you want another option, GIMP is a free alternative, and it can do a few things Elements can't, but it does have a high learning curve.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!