'Pick Me Up' Trip to Disney this weekend

TxDsnyGrl74

Everybody should believe in something; I believe I
Well, this is my first post... I've been lurking for some time and have enjoyed reading everyone's posts. So here I go...

I decided yesterday that I needed a little get away trip to lift my spirits, so what better place to go than Disney!! So, I booked online a room for myself for Friday & Saturday night at the CS and being a FL resident I also will be getting a $50 dining card- which I will be using at the Food and Wine Festival!

This isn't my first time to go solo, but it is the longest amount of time I've spent at Disney going alone. I travel a lot for business by myself so it really doesn't bother me too much, and I am going to enjoy doing/seeing the things that I really want to do. I'm really looking forward to the F&W festival; this is my 5th time to go to the festival. I'm also looking forward to a little relaxing by the pool with a few cocktails!! :drinking:

Here are my very 'loose' plans for the weekend. Sneak out of work early on Friday and get to CS around 2:00 for an early check-in. Drop off the bags and head to Epcot (via bus in case I have a few too many drinks) and stay to watch Illuminations. Saturday, head to MK in the a.m. to ride some of my favorite rides, do a little shopping on Main St. and the Christmas Shop, head back to the hotel in the early afternoon for pool time. Not sure about dinner for Saturday night, maybe head back to Epcot for dinner at Marrakesh? Sunday morning head over to AK for a few hours and then back home in the afternoon.

Disney is one place that always makes me happy and this is one of my favorite times of the year to go. Can't Wait!!

I'm terribly jealous you get to sneak away for a weekend! I love living in the Northeast, but it's just way too far away for a quick weekend away! Have fun.:thumbsup2

have a great time.

friday night is EMH for Epcot, Sun is MK - so how late can you stay?

be sure to think of us here - while you have a great time at the f&W!!!!

have a great time.

friday night is EMH for Epcot, Sun is MK - so how late can you stay?

be sure to think of us here - while you have a great time at the f&W!!!!

I probably won't stay for the EMH at Epcot... I'm thinking after all the wine I'll be ready to head back to the hotel after Illuminations.

Thanks to all for the feedback!

So how'd the quick trip go? Did it pick up your spirits?

The trip was great!!! A much needed break. I posted a Mini Trip review.... I don't know how to copy the link here, but it is posted under:

Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers
and titled "Mini Review - Solo Trip - CSR, F&W, Maya Grill"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter