pics of GFV standard view?

I just got back last night in a standard view room (1422) and we had a great view. The monorail comes very close to the buildling, but it was pretty quiet (noticed it's flashing lights more than sound). We overlooked the front of the hotel and then Senses spa and then the parking lot, so it was still pretty. And if you shifted your chair just a little to face towards the left, there was the most amazing view of the Poly. I was very pleased with our view!

I was wondering if the monorail headlights might be an issue for any of the rooms.

Doesn't the monorail also have a horn? I can't recall, but that would be something I wouldn't want to hear late evening or early morning.

The 1 BR had very good blackout curtains in both the living room and bedroom. We closed those at night, so I did not notice headlights. I did not hear any horns and could barely hear the monorail when it went by. The monorail did have flashing white lights as it went by the room. Only noticed it in the day when the curtains were open and it didn't really bother us. And our room was about as close as the rooms got to the monorail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter