** Picture of the Day 3 **

Bodie State Park, CA

1307ed1-XL.jpg

Screaming Eagle at Dusk
January 16, 2018

From the very beginning, the King Arthur Carrousel has been a part of Disneyland. It's been moved and refurbished but it's always been there. And though you might say Disneyland became a reality because Walt wanted a place to have a railroad, we all know the very idea of even having a park is because of a carousel - the Griffith Park Carrousel. We sometimes think of the Castle or Hub as the "heart" of the park, but really it's the carrousel.

“Disneyland really began,” Walt once said, “when my two daughters were very young. Saturday was always Daddy’s Day, and I would take them to the merry-go-round and sit on a bench eating peanuts while they rode. And sitting there, alone, I felt there should be something built, some kind of family park where parents and children could have fun together.”

The best time to take a ride on the carousel, why dusk of course. The sky is darkening, the lights all around the kingdom are on and the Castle glows in the very best light of the day.

Screaming Eagle Horse

40161808312_7dfda633a1_b.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!