Pirate and Halloween same night?

disneywwjrb

Earning My Ears
On the 3 day Bahama Cruise Halloween on the High Seas is the Pirate night and the Halloween dress up night on the same or different nights? I have gotten mixed messages and I don't know how to pack. I have read Navigators from past yrs that have them on the same night, but a CSM told me today that never happens. Confused!

We are also taking a 3 Night Halloween cruise. I was pretty sure that Halloween and Pirate night were in the same night. I had friends who took the 3 Night last year and that it how it was on their cruise.

On the 3 day Bahama Cruise Halloween on the High Seas is the Pirate night and the Halloween dress up night on the same or different nights? I have gotten mixed messages and I don't know how to pack. I have read Navigators from past yrs that have them on the same night, but a CSM told me today that never happens. Confused!
Halloween activities take place during the daytime, Pirate activities are at night. The same day.

Halloween activities take place during the daytime, Pirate activities are at night. The same day.

So do you where your Halloween costumes that might? Our TA said that there was a costume contest in the evening.

So do you where your Halloween costumes that might? Our TA said that there was a costume contest in the evening.
On the 3 night cruise the Halloween Mouse-carade Party is usually twice (3:15 and 4:45). You can wear either Halloween or Pirate costumes all day/night as you wish.

I did a 3 day last year. Nassau Day (night 2) was Halloween/Pirate night and they had the kids party in the atrium twice midday and the adults only costume party late night after the pirate party

OP if you're on the Dream then we're on the same cruise. I have this exact same problem. I got ahold of old navigators and was sorting through, and I started to give up on whether to pack both a costume and pirate gear or just pack pirate stuff and use it for both. I was also reading that there is a pirate buffet somewhere? WDW vet and DL able but the cruises are all Greek to me. Diving in now and trying to learn the ropes.

The buffet is late - after both dinner times at 10:15ish. It does not last very long and on our last cruise was pretty crowded. The crepes were divine! Might even have to skip dessert at dinner to have room.

So if both costume days are on the second day, the third day will be optional dress up? I hope to get my son's sr pics done.

We are on the Dream! Are you on the Fish Extender list?

The buffet is late - after both dinner times at 10:15ish. It does not last very long and on our last cruise was pretty crowded. The crepes were divine! Might even have to skip dessert at dinner to have room.

So if both costume days are on the second day, the third day will be optional dress up? I hope to get my son's sr pics done.

We are on the Dream! Are you on the Fish Extender list?

Awesome thanks! :) In that case I'm definitely following these tips. Can you just show up to the pirate buffet (like Cabanas), or is this along with Pirate Night something that I would need to visit guest services for once boarding? Yes, the newbie questions abound, but this is why I am here :p

I had no idea there was a fish extender list and am just now learning the ins and outs of how to leave people gifts. We have made some Mickey magnets for our door though, so that's a start. I'll have to go find the list thanks!

Awesome thanks! :) In that case I'm definitely following these tips. Can you just show up to the pirate buffet (like Cabanas), or is this along with Pirate Night something that I would need to visit guest services for once boarding? Yes, the newbie questions abound, but this is why I am here :p

I had no idea there was a fish extender list and am just now learning the ins and outs of how to leave people gifts. We have made some Mickey magnets for our door though, so that's a start. I'll have to go find the list thanks!

Anyone can go to the feeding frenzy. Be warned...a group of Great White Sharks that haven't eaten for a couple of weeks would be calmer than the chaos that is Cabanas at the Pirate Feeding Frenzy.

On our upcoming 7 night the Halloween activities are during the day and Pirate night that night. I plan to wear my Halloween things most of the day.

Halloween dress up is during the day with trick or treating happening around midship ( I have seen on Deck 3, 4 primarily)
Pirate night has the pre show, the fireworks, buffet, dance party and Pirates of the Caribbean on Funnel vision after the dance party.

OP if you're on the Dream then we're on the same cruise. I have this exact same problem. I got ahold of old navigators and was sorting through, and I started to give up on whether to pack both a costume and pirate gear or just pack pirate stuff and use it for both. I was also reading that there is a pirate buffet somewhere? WDW vet and DL able but the cruises are all Greek to me. Diving in now and trying to learn the ropes.

You could always be pirates for Halloween. :) That would cut down on luggage and be pretty fun. I know, not very imaginative, but I am practical.

The pirate buffet is after the fireworks and during the time of the dance party but before the POC movie on Funnel Vision.
It is like feeding time at the OK Corral with people swarming like they didn't just eat dinner a few hours prior (well, if you have early dinner then they didn't eat for 3 hours and I can see the angst) :) But the folks who had late seating at 8:15 and finished at 9:30 or so were in attendance as well.
There is a taco bar, baked potatos and fixings, crepes, desserts, ice cream, turkey legs, etc.
I went once a long time ago with my son and made the decision to not do that again. People are scary when it comes to food. lol

Anyone can go to the feeding frenzy. Be warned...a group of Great White Sharks that haven't eaten for a couple of weeks would be calmer than the chaos that is Cabanas at the Pirate Feeding Frenzy.

I concur. I've been to the Pirate buffet *once* and that was 100 times too many. You'd think people hadn't eaten in months, the way they act.

You could always be pirates for Halloween. :) That would cut down on luggage and be pretty fun. I know, not very imaginative, but I am practical.

The pirate buffet is after the fireworks and during the time of the dance party but before the POC movie on Funnel Vision.
It is like feeding time at the OK Corral with people swarming like they didn't just eat dinner a few hours prior (well, if you have early dinner then they didn't eat for 3 hours and I can see the angst) :) But the folks who had late seating at 8:15 and finished at 9:30 or so were in attendance as well.
There is a taco bar, baked potatos and fixings, crepes, desserts, ice cream, turkey legs, etc.
I went once a long time ago with my son and made the decision to not do that again. People are scary when it comes to food. lol

I concur. I've been to the Pirate buffet *once* and that was 100 times too many. You'd think people hadn't eaten in months, the way they act.

Oh wow ok! Thank you both for the heads up. Sounds like a massive stampede for the buffet and then it's every pirate for themselves pirate:
We're on the later dining rotation of 8:15, so maybe we'll eat hearty and just peek around the corner once the madness happens. And you're right, Sytrace, I'm already doing just a pirate costume and wearing it for everything that day. Better to be practical than lose the luggage space!

What has been people's experience with the Halloween activities, worth checking out? We've seen through some searching that its easy to miss that it's Halloween themed cruise unless you seek it out. This is fine since we are doing a 4 night in mid September (pet peave: expanding holiday seasons:rolleyes:), but if it's can't miss I'll reconsider. What's odd is under my activities on DCL site it shows the sail away party, pirate party (castaway night 3), booked princess activity etc., but no mention of Halloween activities, which would indicate to me they are considered secondary (yet they name the cruise after it?) . . .

I haven't done a 3-night, but when we did a 4-night in Sep '15, they had both the Halloween party and Pirate night the same day. (Odd itinerary-- day at sea, Nassau, CC) We'd been in port at Nassau all day, then I believe the Halloween party was just before the first dinner seating, and the pirate festivities mostly after the second dinner. Dinner, of course, was pirate-themed, so people were rushing like crazy to change from Halloween costumes to pirate stuff. I just had my kid wear both costumes at once. She was an adorable pirate kitten, and she didn't seem to know the difference. I was disappointed, though, that we had 4 nights and they chose to put both themes on the same night. The Halloween party was the most fun we had all week though. Trick-or-treating was not that great, but my favorite photos from the trip were my 3-year old pirate kitten dancing with the different costumed characters, as if the whole thing had been planned out just for her. The character interaction was great, and energy levels were high. The event was big, loud and hard to miss, from what I remember. If you're traveling without kids, though, it's probably not worth bothering with the Halloween festivities.

On our upcoming 7 night the Halloween activities are during the day and Pirate night that night. I plan to wear my Halloween things most of the day.

That is odd...usually on the longer cruises they spread things out a bit better and will have Pirate night, Halloween dress up and activities, and then have room other special events as well. The shorter cruises have to cram everything into a couple of days as opposed to 7.

That is odd...usually on the longer cruises they spread things out a bit better and will have Pirate night, Halloween dress up and activities, and then have room other special events as well. The shorter cruises have to cram everything into a couple of days as opposed to 7.
Poster's cruise has Halloween, Pirates, and Marvel days at sea. Probably had to double up on some things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!