Pirates minus "Auction a Bride"

jenniferhouston2

Mouseketeer
Can anyone give an update on the "new and improved" Pirates ride without the "Auction a Bride" scene?

Will I, as a woman, feel safer and less triggered? I mean I was so empowered when they changed POTC years ago back from pirates chasing women in a circle to women chasing the pirates in a circle!

Shouldn't we just give up on those nasty pirates, and import some of the animatronic children from IT'S A SMALL WORLD into Pirates of the Carribbean to wave at us as we float by?

Instead of having those children singing the POTC the theme song "Yo ho, yo ho, a Pirate's life for me" (it is patently obvious that it is really a song that demeans women and calls us "hos") to maybe a Rick Astley song "Never gonna give you up, never gonna let you down...."

Maybe get rid of the rum bottles and switch to organic Spring Water? :drinking1

Any other ideas?:banana:

Maybe instead of the ship and cannon scene, they should revamp that to a flower-filled musical sequence with Johnny Depp tap dancing on the plank?

Alrighty then!

Edited to add: I think the people outraged at the removal of the scene are just as silly as the people who were outraged at the inclusion of it (although, to be honest, I never saw anyone flipping out over the initial scene in the first place).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter