Pirates Sale at Disney's Soda Fountain and Studio Store

newfamilyman

DIS Veteran
DVC Silver
We went last night to the Disney Soda Fountain and Studio Store for one more chance at the Pirates sundae, which we thought was the best of all of them so far (at least the ones we've tried!) and happened upon the great sale of Pirates-related merchandise. Toys are 25% off, and clothing 50% off! I'm not sure how long it will last, but if you're in the area, make sure to go soon.

newfamilyman said:
We went last night to the Disney Soda Fountain and Studio Store for one more chance at the Pirates sundae, which we thought was the best of all of them so far (at least the ones we've tried!) and happened upon the great sale of Pirates-related merchandise. Toys are 25% off, and clothing 50% off! I'm not sure how long it will last, but if you're in the area, make sure to go soon.

Where is it?

It's on Hollywood Blvd, next door to the El Capitan Theater and across (sort of) from Grauman's Chinese.

minnietoo said:
Where is it?

I'm pretty sure it's next to the El Capitan (the theatre where they show all the Disney movies with extra stuff going on).

I'm curious about how the Soda Fountain is. Do you think it's worth visiting, newfamilyman? Also, what's on the Pirate Sundae? Thanks. :)

We enjoyed going there. We've been twice and my niece got the Pirate sundae both times. It's 2 scoops of butter rum ice cream (or whatever flavor you want), hot fudge and marshmallow topping, a treasure chest cookie and M&M's that are supposed to be pirate gold. They are the special color put out for Pirates of the Caribbean. It's topped with whipped cream and a little plastic palm tree. A little bit pricey, but it's fun going.

We were there over Labor Day weekend. The merchandise was constantly being changed. They must have had a lot of pirate things in storage. The first day we were there, all pirates clothes was 33% off, the next day 50%. Not sure what's there now as Pirates ended it's run at the El Capitan on the fourth.

Yes, the soda fountain is worth it. We went two different times while we were there. Some of the best ice cream I've had in recent years!!

We went there before we drove to Anaheim. We were there on a special pin day. We ended up eating a sundae at 10 am just to get the pin. Ugh...I love ice cream but even that was too much for so early in the day.

Here's a photo taken from across the street.

fountainshop.jpg

fountainshop2.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter