Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

ariane37

Dis veteran
"Here you Leave the World of Today and Enter the World of Yesterday, Tomorrow, and Fantasy"

IMG_8540.JPG

Welcome everyone to my latest trip report! Hello to my old friends and a great big :welcome: to all new ones, I'm thrilled to have you here. My DH and I took a way too short trip to the World earlier this month - 4 nights - and while we've done 4 night trips before this one I DEFINITELY wish had been longer! As you may have guessed by my title or above picture, we were given just a tad of pixie dust this trip. Just a tad. Oh and before I go any further I need to credit @buzzrelly with the "pixie mountain" part of the title :goodvibes Told you I liked that!

Who are DH and I?

IMG_9154 (1).JPG

DH is Steve, newly turned 58 and a District Mg. for Starbucks. I'm your reporter Ariane, 47. We do have 4 boys between us ages 30 to almost 13 and they'll most likely make appearances during this TR but we're lucky enough that a couple times a year we get to visit Disney without them, which if you've never done is A-mazing! Here's the stats on this trip:
When: Sept. 13-17
Where: Grand Floridian, yes. Outer building standard view, wait and see......................
Why: Partly for F&W, partly a make-up trip. We were supposed to go with our 2 youngest (who travel with us often) in August; we've gone in Aug. the last few years. However if you've read any of my previous TR's you know that our 16 year old Ricky suffered an ACL tear last Sept., had surgery last Nov. and then unfortunately suffered another tear in the same knee this past May and had surgery again in July. Therefore Aug. was out as no way could he walk that much that soon after surgery. It's been a long, hard recovery, hard physically emotionally and socially as he's a hard-core athlete, but he's back on the mend and doing well. Anyway, Steve and I kind of wanted/needed a getaway and mom was willing and able to watch the boys :thumbsup2 Our last visit had been in May and I was cringing at the thought of waiting until our Thanksgiving family trip!

This TR will have some F&W, MNSSHP, DISmeets and the aforementioned pixie dust, so if any of that sounds cool to you I'd love to have you follow along for the ride!

IMG_8541.JPG

Ooooo I can't wait to read! From the picture you posted I think I know why it was a Pixie Mountain!! Looking forward to the rest! :flower1:

I am here!!!! I can not wait to hear all about it!!!!

img_9154-1-jpg.354389
I love this picture! Steve's face is perfect.

Why: Partly for F&W, partly a make-up trip. We were supposed to go with our 2 youngest (who travel with us often) in August; we've gone in Aug. the last few years. However if you've read any of my previous TR's you know that our 16 year old Ricky suffered an ACL tear last Sept., had surgery last Nov. and then unfortunately suffered another tear in the same knee this past May and had surgery again in July. Therefore Aug. was out as no way could he walk that much that soon after surgery. It's been a long, hard recovery, hard physically emotionally and socially as he's a hard-core athlete, but he's back on the mend and doing well. Anyway, Steve and I kind of wanted/needed a getaway and mom was willing and able to watch the boys :thumbsup2 Our last visit had been in May and I was cringing at the thought of waiting until our Thanksgiving family trip!
I totally read this whole paragraph and as soon as I did. I wondered why I did. I knew all of this already.. Ha.

So happy you decided to write this!!!! I know it will be a good one!!!!

I love the first pic of you and Steve. PRICELESS...:love: I totally want that one when we go to MNSSHP!!!! Joe wanted me to tell you that he loves Steve's tee!!!!

I actually made it in the beginning. Yay! :bounce: Normally I am way way behind reading a TR months after you post it. Remember to save some Pixie Dust for Thanksgiving...

WOW. I just realized I made page 1. :cool1:

Last edited:
Yay! Page 1! Got a sneak peek on FB of course, but still looking forward to hearing all about your trip.

I like that poison apple magic shot. I'm rotted that my family didn't get a single magic shot at the party. Not one photographer offered, and I guess we were too busy and flustered to think of asking. Oh well...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!