Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

I did see this wonderful happening on FB but it is so nice to see it again! The pictures are amazing and the ring is GORGEOUS!!! Well done, Steve!!!
:thanks: I have to say (if you can't tell by my face) I was completely taken off guard lol so he did do VERY well!
Thinking about you and Aunt Shirley xoxo

I always give Rob a hard time because he didn't get down on one knee when he proposed, so I always would say he still "owed me a knee." On our vow renewal trip in '16, he surprised me in front of a PP photographer at Animal Kingdom. It was so fun to see people stopping and clapping for us. So glad you got to experience this!!! and that ring is just amazing!
OMG now I need to go back in your older report and see the pictures!!!!!! Where in AK did he do it?

So sweet! How awesome for your boys to be in on it too!
Thank you :goodvibes I did love that Ricky was in on it and was so happy that it was occurring. Chris...........well, if you've read any of my previous reports, you know it was just a regular Sunday for him :rolleyes1:D

It's still awesome to see the second time around as well!!!!:love::love::love:You two just make me smile!!!!:flower:
Aw :hug:

So adorable!! Wish I'd known about Disney weddings way back when...
Right? Although having that carriage as part of your wedding is, quite frankly an outrageous amount of $$$$$$ :faint: I've looked into vow renewals and while that's definitely doable, I don't believe the carriage is lol

Steve has the best laugh :D
:laughing: thanks Tammy, going to tell him that!

What a beautiful ring!
Thank you again, I still stare at it quite often :love:

The ring is absolutely beautiful, I love it and Belle is my favorite princess! How cool your family was in on it and help plan the surprise.
I know I think it's great! Very pleased Ricky was excited to help out :goodvibes

I love your skirt, is it a sparkle skirt? So cute!
Yes! My first time wearing one was that day. I bought 3 for the trip and I absolutely love them, will definitely be buying more in the future.

Hey I saw those bridles for the little white horses on my barn tour, lol! The carriage is so elegant!
More and more I want to do that tour! I need to look in to it more because I also think it's a great thing to promote, not sure why they don't!

I love that he proposed again! Nothing wrong with a little romance a few years down the line. Beautiful ring
LOL very true!

It's about time he finally put a ring on it and made an honest woman out of you :-)
Just call us Rizzo and Kenickie :dancer:

What a cool surprise. Congrats on getting the new ring and a fun memory to go with it.
I'm glad you read it! Yes it's definitely more memorable than when he gave me my original engagement ring, I was sitting on the couch in our living room, the guys were in our basement fixing our furnace, and he says, "oh I got you a ring" and brought it out :rolleyes:

I actually like this picture the best. I'm not sure what you are thinking - but I could picture myself being annoyed and 'what are you doing?' before getting to the same reactions in the pictures that followed.
LOL I was confused! Why are you on your knee with all these people around, WHAT IS HAPPENING!!!!!!!

This story just makes me so happy! :lovestruc You really do have yourself a keeper with that one ;)
:thanks: yeah, most days I think so :laughing:

I love that all of the boys were in on it. I feel like it makes that much sweeter.
Very true :cloud9:

Ha! I love you face... Like umm we are already married...
lmao I definitely was unsure of what the he%$ was going on.

You have certainly trained Steve well!
Um, not going to tell him you said that :rotfl2:

can't wait to see it in person. Hopefully in the New Year. We won't be up your way till def after that.
OK, as soon as you have a date make sure you text me!

Your face :rotfl:
:P

Hi, I'm a long time lurker on your reports but I've never said hello. Thank you for sharing your experiences - I really enjoy reading them.
Hi there and :welcome: I'm so happy you decided to take a break from lurking and say hello! I'm glad you're enjoying my TR, I hope you keep on "talking" :goodvibes

My wife has had her eye on one of those rings. Maybe the Cinderella one? I can't remember. I think we've seen the Belle one too. Lucky for me, the stone in her present ring is perfectly secure. :p

Hey stranger! I've been taking a Dis break since we got back from our trip because....well, life. HAHA
I LOVE your Belle ring...great job Steve!
Oh, and also, I DID see you at Boma, but you were leaving with the boys and I was in the buffet line across the other end of the restaurant. As usual, my timing is impeccable. :rolleyes2 We'll run into each other one of these times!

OMG now I need to go back in your older report and see the pictures!!!!!! Where in AK did he do it?
On one of the little side paths where we stopped to take pics with the Tree of Life. I have a similar confused look on my face pic in my TR from that trip! Of course, I can't find the pics on the computer at this moment or I'd just post here. :)

Got WAY behind again on every thread I follow but am slowly digging my way out of the DISHole. I did see your video on FB and was so happy for you. What a wonderful, wonderful surprise. Just perfect. Such a romantic scene. :lovestruc

And yes, the ring is beautiful!

Hi everyone! Ugh, I am SO behind this season on all things Christmas :santa: Just putting the final touches on my HUGE Christmas village today, only have about 1/4 of my shopping done, and I ordered my personal Christmas cards so late I'm not even getting them until the 19th! Not like me at all and I hate rushing through everything! What makes it worse is that this year we're having almost 30 people here on Christmas day :scared1: #notmyidea. I ask you now for your prayers, although I'll be in my room with my sister most of the day doing this :drinking1

I also want to say :thanks: to all of you who have stayed with me and are still following along :grouphug: I know it got a little boring after all the Roy pixie dust was out in the open, but I love reading everyone's quotes when I log on!

I Used The Anytime on WHAT? a.k.a. I Lose Some DIS Cred
Day 3 Part 4

When I left off we had watched a happy bride and groom ride into the sunset in Cinderella's carriage, and were ready to enter our Minnie Van:
IMG_8834.JPG

We were going back to Epcot for a few more F&W booths, so if you're keeping track what was supposed to be our 4 park day became our 3 park day with a double visit to 1 park.
Our first stop was for me, here:

IMG_8844.JPG

Where I got the Tropical Mimosa:
Sparkling Wine and Pomegranate, Orange and Grapefruit Juices
IMG_8846.JPG

It was good, but not as good as I'd hoped. We poked around in there a bit before moving back outside to get some eats, but came across this first!

IMG_E8857.JPG

Going on by the fountain in FW, this dance party was jumpin'. And who was jumpin' with the guests?

IMG_E8866.JPG

Plus some CM's:

IMG_E8849.JPG

CM: "Kids, it's THIS big!"
Kid in the red shirt: "But dude, I swear I don't see it!"

Stitch was there too, but you know you have to watch that guy! And your purse, or he may steal it:

IMG_E8850.JPG

We watched for a bit but Steve wasn't really feeling it since we're 2 adults, so we soon were in WS. First up we hit the Islands of the Caribbean booth where Steve got the

Jerk-spiced Chicken Lollipop with Roasted Sweet Plantain Salad and Mango Chutney Yogurt

IMG_8859.JPG

He thought this was out of this world, especially the mango chutney yogurt. I didn't try it but I am a fan of mango, especially mixed with spicy so I can imagine it was good.
While he ate that I ate my own snack from Islands of the Caribbean:

Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli

IMG_8858.JPG

This was absolutely delicious! OMG I loved this and almost got another one but the line was crazy, it was nice and moist inside (I said moist :P) and the tomato aioli lent so much extra flavor! This booth hadn't been on our radar but we were pretty hungry walking in to WS and it happen to catch our eye, and I'm very glad it did!

The Empanada was also extremely spicy. I'd finished my mimosa and seriously needed something to cool me off when something else that hadn't been on my radar caught my eye:

IMG_8862.JPG

Ah yessirree, that's the
Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae with Fresh Berries and Chocolate Almond Streusel

I wasn't expecting to top the empanada but this surpassed any expectations I had when ordering it. I just read "soft serve" and figured it would do a good job of cooling off my mouth, but holy crap this was delicious. the combination of banana, almond, berries? YES! I will not pass this up when we hit the F&W festival again. It also looks small but after just the empanada and this, I was pretty full.

I'm at my picture limit so I'll continue in the next post, but FYI we still have that anytime FP to use.................

Day 3 part 4 Con't

We walked with my soft serve towards U.K. so we could catch the last set of the band there:

IMG_8869.JPG

This is something we love to do, however we always seem to see their first set of the day so it's always the same songs. Luckily their last set is different.
It was getting close to park closing and we had 2 things on our mind:
1. getting something a bit substantial to eat and
2. Using that anytime FP!
Now I know what you're thinking I did, and you're thinking correctly :o Neither of us are big on Test Track unless the kids are with us, and while I do like Soarin' Steve doesn't. That left one thing worth (well, relatively speaking) using it on:

IMG_8870.JPG

Don't leave me! For all the times in past TR's I've commented that I am not a Frozen fan, I really kind of enjoy the ride :duck: Plus we never ride when the boys are with us, nor will I stand in line more than like, 15 minutes for it.......so I chose to pixie dust myself with a ride on FEA. And that's that!
Now it was just about time for Illuminations to start, and while we weren't interested in watching it we were definitely interested in eating before we left. We ended up at my favorite QS, La Cantina De San Angel, with some of my favorite nachos:

IMG_8880.JPG

And found out they changed the cheese! However I'm a fan of the cheese switch so it was ok. Steve got the

Tacos de Barbacoa
Seasoned Beef, Homemade Corn Tortillas, Mexican Rice, Refried Black Beans and Red Salsa

IMG_8879.JPG

These weren't new to either of us and they were as good as ever - I ate the beans :D We got a seat outside by the water but left right as Illuminations started to avoid the park-closing crowds.

We lucked out on our monorail-to-monorail ride back and didn't hit crowds anywhere, but were still back only about 5 minutes before the lounge closed so we didn't stop. But when we got in to our suite, this greeted us on the dining room table:
IMG_8881.JPG

Housekeeping had filled the bowl with flowers when they came in for turn-down service :daisy::rose:

Day 3 in the books! Tomorrow we try a new restaurant and I finally get back to MNSSHP!

My wife has had her eye on one of those rings. Maybe the Cinderella one? I can't remember. I think we've seen the Belle one too. Lucky for me, the stone in her present ring is perfectly secure. :p
:laughing: They're all beautiful! Maybe I'll have to somehow get in touch with her and give her tips on accidentally losing that stone ;)

Hey stranger! I've been taking a Dis break since we got back from our trip because....well, life. HAHA
I think many of us do that, we have to catch up when we get back from our trips and then get back in the DIS groove again! Good to see you here!

Oh, and also, I DID see you at Boma, but you were leaving with the boys and I was in the buffet line across the other end of the restaurant. As usual, my timing is impeccable. :rolleyes2 We'll run into each other one of these times!
Ugh, so close yet so far :tiptoe: I was trying to look for you and @kittylady1972 while eating my food plus trying to not rush but also make it to our first AK FP lol, I felt a little crazy! Definitely one of these days :) Oh and I hope I wasn't yelling at anyone :rotfl2:

On one of the little side paths where we stopped to take pics with the Tree of Life. I have a similar confused look on my face pic in my TR from that trip! Of course, I can't find the pics on the computer at this moment or I'd just post here. :)
I really have to go check out your TR! So funny how we look at them when we think they don't know what they're doing.

Steve is just the sweetest! How nice that the boys were in on your surprise. Your ring is beautiful!
Thank you! It was definitely an unexpected, very sweet moment :goodvibes

Got WAY behind again on every thread I follow but am slowly digging my way out of the DISHole.
Hmm, DISHole. I may use that in real life.
And you have an excuse, I do hope you're feeling better :hug:

I did see your video on FB and was so happy for you. What a wonderful, wonderful surprise. Just perfect. Such a romantic scene. :lovestruc
:blush: Yes, as romantic as you can get with 5000 other people around lol! The best were all the "youngsters" coming up and congratulating Steve. Seriously though it was cute, and I enjoyed everyone clapping for us!

I Used The Anytime on WHAT? a.k.a. I Lose Some DIS Cred
Oh I can't wait to hear this one!!!

img_e8850-jpg.369678

We watched for a bit but Steve wasn't really feeling it since we're 2 adults,
Andy and I felt the same way when we saw the dancing Rats the one night.

Don't leave me!
It could have been worse.. I will allow it. You did go all the way to Animal Kingdom to use it for a good one..

Also, I feel TOTALLY overwhelmed this year with the holidays as well. It is crazyiness!

Where I got the Tropical Mimosa:Sparkling Wine and Pomegranate, Orange and Grapefruit Juices
I guess this was a Food & Wine booth? I don't remember hearing about this one.
Confession: I've never had a mimosa. It sounds good though. Do guys drink mimosas? Or is this another girly drink that I am perfectly happy drinking even though I maybe shouldn't?

Going on by the fountain in FW, this dance party was jumpin'. And who was jumpin' with the guests?
I didn't hear about this party either. I'm usually pretty good keeping up on Disney news and rumors.

CM: "Kids, it's THIS big!"
Kid in the red shirt: "But dude, I swear I don't see it!"
:laughing:

We walked with my soft serve towards U.K. so we could catch the last set of the band there:
Soft serve looks great and the topping are a nice change.
I rarely get around to seeing any of the bands or entertainment at Epcot. We're always rushing to meet a Princess or get on a ride. I really think I could spend a couple days at Epcot myself and be perfectly happy.

We ended up at my favorite QS, La Cantina De San Angel, with some of my favorite nachos:

img_8880-jpg.369833

Why are those nachos so good? We love them too but they really aren't anything special. Maybe it's the atmosphere? And what they changed the cheese? Is it white? I know some of that is sour cream but is some of it cheese? This is life altering news to me for some reason. Maybe I should have eaten lunch today.

on't leave me! For all the times in past TR's I've commented that I am not a Frozen fan, I really kind of enjoy the ride :duck: Plus we never ride when the boys are with us, nor will I stand in line more than like, 15 minutes for it.......so I chose to pixie dust myself with a ride on FEA. And that's that!

No judgement here. I like the frozen ride. Partly because it was my daughter, Brynn's, first movie that she really was into. My husband doesn't care for it so sometimes the boys do Soarin while the girls do Frozen. I can always get on Soarin' later with a 4th fastpass so it works out. I do think my son likes it so he takes one for the team when he rides Soarin' with his dad.

I really enjoy FEA, Andi not as much, mostly because of the Fozen avalanche everywhere, lol!

The nachos at the Mexican QS is one of my favorites, yummy

Such a nice touch with the fresh flowers at turn down!

Hi everyone! Ugh, I am SO behind this season on all things Christmas :santa: Just putting the final touches on my HUGE Christmas village today, only have about 1/4 of my shopping done, and I ordered my personal Christmas cards so late I'm not even getting them until the 19th! Not like me at all and I hate rushing through everything! What makes it worse is that this year we're having almost 30 people here on Christmas day :scared1: #notmyidea. I ask you now for your prayers, although I'll be in my room with my sister most of the day doing this :drinking1
I so feel your pain.... I just got back from PEI today, have next to no shopping done, have to decorate, still don't have a tree AND have to pick Jack up from university on Sunday! My advice.....coffee with Baileys! That will be my beverage of choice Christmas morning!
Where I got the Tropical Mimosa:Sparkling Wine and Pomegranate, Orange and Grapefruit Juices
Looks great!

Jerk-spiced Chicken Lollipop with Roasted Sweet Plantain Salad and Mango Chutney Yogurt
Delish!

Ropa Vieja Empanada with Tomato Aïoli
Yummy!

Banana Almond Soft-serve Sundae with Fresh Berries and Chocolate Almond Streusel
Oh my goodness, I would love this!

This is something we love to do, however we always seem to see their first set of the day so it's always the same songs. Luckily their last set is different.
Love British Revolution!

Seasoned Beef, Homemade Corn Tortillas, Mexican Rice, Refried Black Beans and Red Salsa
Those black beans are to die for!

We lucked out on our monorail-to-monorail ride back and didn't hit crowds anywhere, but were still back only about 5 minutes before the lounge closed so we didn't stop. But when we got in to our suite, this greeted us on the dining room table:
Gorgeous!

I ordered my personal Christmas cards so late I'm not even getting them until the 19th!

I just ordered my cards today and they are supposed to come between 12/19-12/21…and I was too cheap to even spring for expedited shipping, so there is no guarantees they'll even come then! I figure as long as they are out by New Year's, I'm good :P

I also want to say :thanks: to all of you who have stayed with me and are still following along :grouphug: I know it got a little boring after all the Roy pixie dust was out in the open,

Eh…I was reading your TRs long before the Roy Suite and I'll continue to read after :-)

so I chose to pixie dust myself with a ride on FEA. And that's that!

That's not a terrible choice. I don't care for the ride much but if you do then that's a good FP choice. At least you didn't use it on Figment :sad2:

But when we got in to our suite, this greeted us on the dining room table:
img_8881-jpg.369835

Housekeeping had filled the bowl with flowers when they came in for turn-down service :daisy::rose:

Gorgeous :love:

OMG! That looks yummy!

We ended up at my favorite QS, La Cantina De San Angel, with some of my favorite nachos:

Yep, love me some nachos too. I'm still bitter that Jock Lindsey's got rid of theirs. They were truly soooooo good!!!

What a nice surprise to come back too.

Hmm, DISHole. I may use that in real life.
And you have an excuse, I do hope you're feeling better :hug:

LOL!! Steal away!

Slowly! Sllooooooowly feeling bettter. Not the neck of course, but the awful cold I had/have is starting to ease up. I am still coughing and my nose is still pretty stuffy, but at least I don't feel as crappy with fevery stuff.

:blush: Yes, as romantic as you can get with 5000 other people around lol! The best were all the "youngsters" coming up and congratulating Steve. Seriously though it was cute, and I enjoyed everyone clapping for us!

Steve set a good example of how to treat a lady. ;)

And yes, a bit of attention is never a bad thing especially for something as sweet as this!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter