Planning a solo disney trip

Nevada25

Mouseketeer
I am currently in the planning stages of a solo disney trip I have decided that I want to go before Thanksgiving but might push it back to between Thanksgiving and Christmas. What are some things I can expect in disney around that time aside from Mickey very merry christmas party and the decor?

Specific to the holidays; there is an awesome trail of different themed Christmas trees at Disney Springs where it snows and you can meet Santa! It's free, although I'm not sure if there is a cost for Santa - probably for the picture you take. That was really beautiful, there were maybe 12 trees or more, all themed to different Disney movies. Also another really fun thing to do is visit the resorts and check out their Christmas decorations. I did the monorail loop and hit up the Contemporary, Polynesian, and the Grand Floridian. The GF has the amazing life-sized gingerbread house which is fascinating to see! You can also hope on a boat from the Contemporary and go to Wilderness Lodge where they debuted a new Christmas tree last year, which was probably very cool.
You can also ride the "Jingle Cruise" at Magic Kingdom, which is a Christmas overlay at the Jungle Cruise. It's pretty cute. I'm not sure when that overlay happens, but I'm sure if you are there in December it will be completed.
Solo trips are a ton of fun! I've done it a couple of times in WDW and DL. Definitely take advantage of some of the rides which offer single rider lines. If you have never done a solo trip before, you are going to enjoy it so much! My favorite park to explore alone is Epcot. You can literally spend an entire day just exploring the ins and outs of World Showcase. Plus at xmas time, the festival of the holidays is happening and it is awesome! Grab a passport at the front of Epcot, it's super helpful for finding out which snacks you might want to try without having to walk the entire park first :)
Have fun!

I LOVE between Thanksgiving and Christmas for a solo trip. The decorations that time of year are great. It's like a Christmas present to myself. I'm either a Sept or Dec girl now. I used to love October due to the weather - but I'm finding the cheap rates in Sept (and sometimes lower crowds) or the joy of Christmas are winning out now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter