Planning a southern california trip?

donna93

Earning My Ears
Hello! My family of 4 (2 adults and 1 14 and 1 16 children) are planning a trip to Southern California for Christmas! We understand it will be crowded but.. We want to do this..

The 2007 Southern California CityPass bundles; a 3-Day Disneyland® Resort Park Hopper® BONUS Ticket - valid for unlimited admission to both Disneyland® park and Disney's California Adventure™ park for three days; and ample time to motor down the coast to stunning San Diego and two world-class parks; SeaWorld and your choice between the San Diego Zoo or San Diego Zoo's Wild Animal Park and over to Hollywood for a visit to Universal Studios Hollywood. CityPass delivers six days of unforgettable fun and adventure at a savings of over 26% and 14 days to take it all in.

Has anyone ever done this? How was it?
We also want to do the swimming with the dolphins.
Would you recommend staying in San Diego and driving to LA and Disney Land? Or?
We really want to experience all we can in California, it is our first trip here.

What CHEAP hotels would you recommend.
We would stay about 7 nights..

Also, any other useful information?
Thanks alot!

not sure about that, but if you are talking about the dolphin encounter at seaworld, the cheaper one is not swimming with the dolphins, you get in a wetsuit and get in the water to you waist and intract with the dolphins. The other thing is a different thing with other animals as well and a whole lot more $$$$

have fun and good luck!

We bought the so cal passes as well. Be careful where you have to redeem your vocher for your booklet. I have to go to DL to get my booklets first. Not all places do this but I saw if you buy the voucher from universal, you have to go to universal park first. We bought through travelocity. From what I understand, I do not have to enter thepark just go the main gate and redeem the vocher.
I think it is a great deal! We are spending the first w/e in San Diego to do SeaWorld and the Zoo, then going back to Aneheim. The trip to SD can be around 2 hours. Universal is about 45 minutes north of anaheim. We will just make day trip there.
Have fun! We leave in 10 days!!!!!!!:yay:

PS- In San Diego we are staying at the best western in Mission Bay for about $100 a night...breakfast included and it is not far from either attraction!:thumbsup2

If you can afford a couple extra days, stay a couple days in San Diego, then a relaxing (no parks) day drive up to Anaheim, and stay there for the rest of your stay.

I decided not to do the southern cal passes because I wanted to book a package at Disney because it was a better deal. Then I bought my tickets for Seaworld, Legoland and Zoo from Getawaytoday.com.That saved me about $150 for the 3 places for 4 people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter