Planning a Trip in 2020? Let's Share Our Budgets!

We are going to WDW Feb 1-6 2020
Family of 4, 2 adults, 2 children ages 4 & 1

1 night at Shades of Green $125
4 nights at AS Music + Disney Dining $1100
Parking $70
Gas $80
3 x Military Tickets (4 day park hopper) $800
Food for travel days/snacks $120
Alcohol $50
Gratuities $100

Total $2445

Everyone’s upcoming trip sounds so amazing! It inspired me to add up our upcoming trip cost which caused me to freak out a little when I saw the total. Reminded me of why it’ll be 5 years since our last WDW trip. It was expensive enough back then as we wanted to do a totally memorable 10 day Once in a Lifetime trip for the girls when they were 5 and 7 (Cinderella’s castle, BOG had just opened up and we snagged an impossible to get reservation, Hoop dee doo, Pirates and Pals dessert party, Fantasmic Dinner at Hollywood Derby Brown, etc). Now, enough new things have been added since our last trip and being big Star Wars fan, we are heading down for the Once in a Lifetime WDW Trip #2. Lol.

We are coming from Western Canada so the exchange rate will be brutal. Much happier to look at it in US dollars and be in denial about cost in CAN pesos. Family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids ages 10 and 12) doing WDW / USO split stay in February 2020 for 12 nights.

Current budget in US dollars:

Flights $1800
Avis Car rental from MCO $560
Gas: $150

1 bedroom OKW 8 nights through DVC points rental: $3400
7 day park Hopper tickets (current Canadian resident WDW discount): $1800
Savi lightsabers: $640
Droid Depot: $320
Cinderella’s castle dinner: $370
Fantasmic Dinner at Hollywood Derby Brown: $330
Pirates and Pals Dessert Voyage: $335
Storybook Dinner at Artist Point: $280
BOG Dinner: $310
AK DAH: $550
Other food and gratuities: $1900
Shopping / souvenirs: $400

Garden Room Loews Portofino 4 nights: $2400 (Presidents’ Day weekend is expensive!)
5 day Park to Park Tickets through UT: $1300
Hotel Parking: $100
Food and gratuities: $1250

Total: $18,595

Hoping they will add an MK DAH event, HS DAH event, and Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party to our dates as well.

I could use some help , we are for the first time staying off property. I was wondering if there were any discounts on dining that anyone knows of since we are used to getting Disney Dinning Plan. and help would be great. we are going in April 2020.

Everyone’s upcoming trip sounds so amazing! It inspired me to add up our upcoming trip cost which caused me to freak out a little when I saw the total. Reminded me of why it’ll be 5 years since our last WDW trip. It was expensive enough back then as we wanted to do a totally memorable 10 day Once in a Lifetime trip for the girls when they were 5 and 7 (Cinderella’s castle, BOG had just opened up and we snagged an impossible to get reservation, Hoop dee doo, Pirates and Pals dessert party, Fantasmic Dinner at Hollywood Derby Brown, etc). Now, enough new things have been added since our last trip and being big Star Wars fan, we are heading down for the Once in a Lifetime WDW Trip #2. Lol.

We are coming from Western Canada so the exchange rate will be brutal. Much happier to look at it in US dollars and be in denial about cost in CAN pesos. Family of 4 (2 adults, 2 kids ages 10 and 12) doing WDW / USO split stay in February 2020 for 12 nights.

Flights $1800

Garden Room Loews Portofino 4 nights: $2400 (Presidents’ Day weekend is expensive!)

Hoping they will add an MK DAH event, HS DAH event, and Star Wars Galactic Dessert Party to our dates as well.
Have you been checking on APH rates for Portofino? I am really hoping they come out with some! We are going then as well. It might be worth it to upgrade one of your tickets to an annual pass to qualify for that.
It kills me that the Portofino rates are well under $300 the week before and over $400 a night that week!

Have you been checking on APH rates for Portofino? I am really hoping they come out with some! We are going then as well. It might be worth it to upgrade one of your tickets to an annual pass to qualify for that.
It kills me that the Portofino rates are well under $300 the week before and over $400 a night that week!
I have! If one comes up, I will definitely upgrade to an APH. I know what you mean - the APH rate for Portofino is $234 pretax on Feb. 13 and then no APH rates after then. Portofino‘s rate jumps up $539 pretax on Feb. 14. Too bad the Express Pass is a must for me that weekend or else the rate at Sapphire Falls is awfully tempting for that weekend!

I could use some help , we are for the first time staying off property. I was wondering if there were any discounts on dining that anyone knows of since we are used to getting Disney Dinning Plan. and help would be great. we are going in April 2020.
The only dining discount available would be if you buy discounted Disney gift cards.

If you have a Target card you can save 5%. Some credit cards have deals - my Amex just had a Lowe's offer, $15 off a $100 purchase. Last month it was a Staples offer for $10 off $40.

Discover has Walmart (online only), Target and Amazon as their 5% cashback this quarter. I buy Walmart gift cards and then use them to buy Disney gift cards at Sam's Club. I got a Discover card this year so I still get the extra 5% end of year match. So I get 10% from Discover and 4% off from Sam's Club.

There are also reward sites - Swagbucks, Ibotta, Bing etc. You can redeem for many different places including WM, Paypal, Starbucks, Landry's all which can be used at WDW.

The only thing I have planned out so far are the rooms.

We are going May 3-10. Me, DH and adult sons one is 22 the other 25.

Pop Century- one night $198.45
OKW- 2 bedroom rest of stay $4324.98

We will buy tickets from Undercover Tourist and save a couple hundred dollars. We will be driving down from Ohio so no flights to purchase.
Will have to figure out gas, etc.

$6000 - includes 7 day park hopper, MVMMCP, 9 nights at POFQ, JetBlue and food

I have two planned
March 7-13 Myself, DH and DD19
at POFQ @ $2K (6 nights)
Tickets - we have 2 APs so 1 from UT $450ish
Gas - $150
Food $1000
so $3500 ish

Then Camping at FW just DH and me
Sept 13-24
$1300
APs
$1000 Food maybe less with camper
MNSSHP - $160ish
Gas $300
so $3000ish

Christmas Trip, over the holiday. December 22-January 2, 2020.
11 nights, 3 Adults, Coronado Springs, Regular Dining Plan - 7000.00
I'm guessing airfare will roughly be 1200.00ish.
Tips and misc - 500.00
Total of 8700.00
This trip is for Christmas and my 50th birthday. I wanted to stay at AKL or WL - but holy cow that was too much!

Christmas Trip, over the holiday. December 22-January 2, 2020.
11 nights, 3 Adults, Coronado Springs, Regular Dining Plan - 7000.00
I'm guessing airfare will roughly be 1200.00ish.
Tips and misc - 500.00
Total of 8700.00
This trip is for Christmas and my 50th birthday. I wanted to stay at AKL or WL - but holy cow that was too much!
Yeah, those dates are hard on the wallet ;) Happy (super early) Birthday!

This will be my fiance first trip and my son's first trip he will remember (1st trip when he was 3).
We booked through Dreams Unlimited Travel and our agent is fabulous! She is so patient and responsive I must have asked her for at least 5 different dates, locations, various split stays.

We have decided to go with the following:
• August 20 – August 25, 2020 (5 Nights)
• 2 Adults, 1 Child (age 12 at time of travel)
• 7 Day Tickets with Admission 1 Park per Day
Disney Dining Plan
Coronado Springs – Tower Standard View 8/20 - 8/25 for $4,280
• August 25 – August 27, 2020 (2 Nights)
• 2 Adults, 1 Child (age 12 at time of travel)
• Disney Dining Plan
Coronado Springs – Tower Standard View Club 8/25 - 8/27 for $1,360.00
Extra meals including Star Wars Dessert Party = $750.00
Tips = $200.00
Shopping / souvenirs = $300.00
Flight = $570.00 (If we can't get good airfare we will drive down)
Total = $7460.00

If we drive:
Gas = $200.00
Hotel stay = $150.00
Total = $7240.00

If room discounts do not come out, we can save about $150.00 a night for the 5 night stay, equaling a saving of $750.00.

I am over budgeting on food. With it being so hot, I have a feeling we will not feel that hungry (I know I won't be that hungry). However, my a pre-teen boy and fiance, can get hangry. Plus, they both don't like heat or crowds. The dates I picked have historically shown to have low crowds. So by keeping them fed we will only have to deal with staying cool.

However, after seeing some of the walk through videos of ASMu we may change this again if a room discount deal does not come out. so we would change from 5 nights at the Tower to 5 nights at ASMu and then transfer to the Tower CL and might add a night with the savings.

I am all up to suggestions on how to save even more. But we want to end with staying at the Tower club level.

Flights $1800

Wow - pricy indeed! I'm from Victoria, BC by the way. Living in Ottawa now.

AKL std room for 7 nights in August $3260.26 rack rate. We drive because hubby is a nervous flyer- that's usually $400 round trip from OH. $2400.64 for (7) day park hopper plus tickets for 4 ppl priced as adults. We plan on splitting a couple days on H2O parks in the morning, and park dinners so it's not skippable for us. Souvenirs and misc (random Epcot drinks etc) $500. Breakfasts in room maybe $50- one perk of driving. Lunches and dinners budgeted for $60/$120 for $1260. $7871.90 before ANY discounts. We are going at a time historically free dining or large Deluxe percentages were given so I figure we'll save about $1000 from that. Also, the $500 spending money will be supplemented from Christmas gifts and birthday gifts- family members will grab gift cards- they love the ease of it so I am guessing half at $250 gifted. Also my TA is a friend and won't mind applying Target Red Card Disney World cards for me, and that should save about $250. It's crazy to compare to our very first trip in 2008 as a family- both kids were under 2. We stayed at the POP for 7 nights with 7 day tix, and regular dining plan for under $2k :O :O

Family of five ( 2 adults and 3 kids ages 8, 6, 4) coming from VANCOUVER, Canada in January for 9 nights.

9 nights in DVC studio (BoardWalk followed by Villas Grand Floridian) is costing us $1800 USD
10 Day Park Hopper + Tickets (CANADIAN discount) $1567
Round trip flights from YVR to MCO was $840 thanks to our points and companion fare
Parking for 10 days at airport will be $100
Grocery delivery: $100-150
We only eat out once a day because it costs so much so we maybe spend $500 USD.

Total of about $5000 USD for a family of five not including any shopping- NOT TOO SHABBY! We have to convert that into Canadian unfortunately but even then it ends up being about $6500 for 10 days at a Deluxe property :) Quite happy with that!

I almost forgot, $500 CDN for our dog/house sitter. We have 2 Jack Russells and she comes and stays at our house with them. $50/day.
lol -- We take our dog to the kennel and sign him up for doggy daycare and tuck in service. It's as expensive as sending a kid to summer camp and always a budget line item for me.

April 2020 trip staying 5 nights at the Swan, 6 day park tickets $3416. Planning to pay using gift cards from Sam's Club paying $485 for $500 (savings of $105). Using Capital One Venture card for 2x points so I receive about $68. I will budget approximately $1,000 in food (teenager). Gas $80 and dog boarding $324.

Grand estimate=$4,647

A good tip is to bring your own water bottles (preferably frozen) and snacks to the parks. We eat breakfast in our rooms. We order from WaterButlers.com Breakfast, energy drinks, coke, water bottles and snacks. We make our own snackable lunches and bring those to the parks too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts