Planning Disney World trip for an extended family of 9

nemofanatic

Mouseketeer
My family and I are so excited to be planning a trip together to Disney World. The last time we did this it was 2005. Since then, there are 3 new family member. A child was born and a husband of one and fiance for another. It will be myself, die hard Disney fan, DH, DS, DD, DSIL, My Brother, Neice, her fiance, and her son. This is very exciting for me since I have not met My Neice's fiance or my nephew. We have spoke on the phone and facebook, but it's just not the same.

Our trip is planned for Halloween time in 2018. So far we decided on a hotel. We will be staying at Art of Animation resort, hopefully in the Cars suites.

Any tips anyone could give would be appreciated. I am sure I will have questions as I go along. I want to make this a very special trip for my great nephew and the in laws.

More to come soon

update on our family trip. It will be just me, DH, DS, brother, niece, nephew in law, great nephew. We will not be staying at the Art of animation, but will be going to staying at one of the Villa suites. We are not sure which one yet. We are so excited. It's now 17 months away. We will going the first week of November 2018.

Does anyone have suggestion for which villa resort would be best for not too expensive but still has a good amount of pixie dust?

update on our family trip. It will be just me, DH, DS, brother, niece, nephew in law, great nephew. We will not be staying at the Art of animation, but will be going to staying at one of the Villa suites. We are not sure which one yet. We are so excited. It's now 17 months away. We will going the first week of November 2018.

Does anyone have suggestion for which villa resort would be best for not too expensive but still has a good amount of pixie dust?

We have found in the past that whatever property is doing refurb has great deals available in rooms and villas. Ee have stayed at a resort under refurb twice and we are doing so again this December. We have NEVER been inconvenienced or disturbed by the construction.

Other than that, have you looked into renting DVC points? That can save you quite a bit of money also.

We have found in the past that whatever property is doing refurb has great deals available in rooms and villas. Ee have stayed at a resort under refurb twice and we are doing so again this December. We have NEVER been inconvenienced or disturbed by the construction.

Other than that, have you looked into renting DVC points? That can save you quite a bit of money also.

How do you rent dvc points. I didn't think you could do that if you aren't a DVC member.

How do you rent dvc points. I didn't think you could do that if you aren't a DVC member.
You absolutely can. You cannot do it direct through Disney, and to avoid getting either one of us thrown into DISboards jail, I won't put any specific sources here. Just Google "DVC point rental" and you will find a couple of sources. There are two main ones, one is named after a man and one is named after a woman. We have only ever worked with the one named after a woman because the other one makes you pay to get a quote, which seems counterproductive to me. If you want more information, you can DM me and I will fill you in. I certainly don't work for or endorse either company, this is specifically based on my personal experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!