Planning Family Reunion at Vero Beach-need suggestions

babylisa4

Mouseketeer
Planning Family Reunion at Vero with Special Needs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well after much thought I am in the final stages of planning a family reunion for my husband's family at Vero. We've banked and borrowed points and have enough to get the space that we need so the rest of the family only has to get themselves there. (Its about a 20 hour drive or they need to fly) Even with that it will be a financial stretch for some of them. So from my Dis boards friends I have a couple of questions. Can you do "Magical Gatherings" at Vero? Does anyone have any experience with this or was there anything great you did with Magical Gatherings at DisneyWorld that I could transform to Vero? 2nd issue- one of our family members has MS and is confined to an electric wheel chair. She has not had good experience flying in the past but we want to convince her to fly- it has to be better than 20 hours in the car. She's a little on the large size and didn't have a very good experience getting hauled onto the plain in that little wheel chair that goes down the aisle. First class is probably not an option. Any suggestions? I've reserved a handicapped accessible 2 BR at Vero- can anyone tell me specifics? Are the beds low? roll in shower? what else? Are both bedrooms handicapped accessible or just the master? Thanks for any information or suggestions.

Bumping up.
I didn't really have anything to add except comments about the plane (that I posted on your thread on another board).

We were in a 2BR accessible room at Vero Beach several years ago for a few days. It was a lockoff meaning that it could seperated into a studio and one bedroom and therefore had two entrances and a door that could be locked between the studio and living room. The whole unit was accessible but just like the 1 or 2 BRs at WDW, the master bedroom still had a jacuzzi style bath. Both showers were rollin.

I don't remember if the beds were lower...well, actually I also have nothing to compare it with at VB. They were not very high though. It was a very nice unit.

If you have any other questions about the room, just ask. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter