Planning for September 2005

FatCow

<font color=purple>FatCow is a dude<br><font color
I'm planning to go to WDW in September 2005 1 week after the schoold starts. I'll be there for a week.

1. How's the crowd level (compared to the the first 2 weeks of December and President's Week)

2. Is it the 'hurricane' season. If it is, what are the chances that Disney and/or MCO airport will be closed down due to the hurricane?

TIA

Originally posted by FatCow
2. Is it the 'hurricane' season. If it is, what are the chances that Disney and/or MCO airport will be closed down due to the hurricane?

You're kidding, right?

Well, it's been a long time since WDW / MCO had any hurricane closures, and now all of a sudden they've had two in a month's time, and just missed on a third. The odds probably aren't high, but tell that to folks who visited in September '04.

Overall the weather is still very hot and VERY humid. Temps are still getting well into the 90s, and the humidity is high. Even if you don't get hit head-on by a hurricane, it can still impact your trip. We visited in September a few years ago and nearly had four days of continuous rains due to a hurricane that headed into the Gulf.

Crowds are negligible since most schools are back in session, but they will be more summer-like during Labor Day Weekend.

Just returned Sept 18th from our 2nd trip to WDW. We were worried about Ivan, but eveything was okay. We had a great time. It was very hot and humid. However, we pretty much walked on every thing with 5min wait posted. I say have a good time... I might see you there:)

We just returned yesterday. It was very humid, pretty hot and semi busy. The first part of the days we could get on rides with no more than 5-10 min wait. Towards the end of the days it got busier and Tuesday at MK was pretty darn busy. Average 20 min wait on most rides and up to 40 on a few (after about 2 pm). Of course, when I say busy it is busy compared to low times....not high seasons. We still had a great time. It is still much better than June!

We just returned from WDW on 9/15 from a 4 day stay. September is most definitly hurricane season...as we all saw this year...but I tell you what I'll go back the week after Labor Day anytime! Our resort (POR) was nearly empty and the parks were great too. We didn't wait in line for a single ride. In fact, they weren't even using most of the fastpass machines because the crowds were so light. I don't know if it was just the timing with the hurricane and whatnot or if mid september crowds are generally that light but we are already planning for 9/05 trip for the same week...the week after labor day. One guess I have is that most families that do take their kids out of school for vacations don't do so that soon into the school year and that probably contributes to the lighter crowds. I know that when I was a kid and my family went during the school year, we didn't go until February or March...never right after the school year starts. So....it's a gret time to go I think!

We were just there 9/13-9/20, and didn't know that Ivan wouldn't affect us until the day we left. If you're driving, have an alternate plan in case of a hurricane.
The crowds were quite low, but we went same week last year and I think crowds were just a teeny bit more than last year. Fast passes were not in use until the weekend, and even then only at the most popular rides. We did have to wait in line for upwards of 10 minutes at several attractions.
Although we love going in September, after dealing with Isabel last year and Ivan this year, we plan to rethink our September trips. Hurricanes are predicted to be more prevalent the next several years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter