Planning with a (supposed) non-Disney wife

Kevlar10

Mouseketeer
hi everyone! I am looking for some advice. Here's my dilemma; my wife tries to pretend that she is only interested in going t Disney for the kids. I tried to get her involved in the planning but she wasn't interested in helping. Now I have everything planned except two dinners; one for our pool and Disney Springs day and one for the MNSSHP day, which isn't available yet. Now she is criticizing a lot of my choices and only wants to go to one restaurant at DS, which for some reason is showing very limited availability and nothing at normal eating times. Long story, but here's my question. Other than T-Rex, which DS restaurant would be good for families? I'm looking for a variety of food and good theming. Also, we will be paying OOP for this meal, so I'm not looking for a $30 chicken dinner, so hopefully there are some reasonably priced options. Thanks

T-Rex is our original choice. Rainforest is an option but we have them where we live so it's not an acceptable choice for the wife. Any others?

My girls 13 and 9. Both enjoy Sci-fi cafe in HS. Good theming, and not crazy expensive. *sorry not in DS. Should finish first cup before posting.

Where are you staying? Onsite or off? Will you have a car? I don’t like to plan a sit-down dinner during MNSSHP that would eat into party time. Maybe a late lunch that day before going to party and QS during party or maybe a sit down right when you enter MK (4-ish). We drive, so it’s nice to go to some reasonably priced places offsite to mix things up.

Has she seen some youtube videos from TRex? Maybe that will persuade her.

I try to get my family’s input, but they’re always like ‘you do it, we’ll just go wherever you say’ and ‘we trust you.’ It can be frustrating.. so I told them if something doesn’t work out when we’re there they have no right to complain! They’ve agreed to this. (I tell them over and over...it’s verbally binding!)

I thought about Splitsville. Is it a fun evening? My sons enjoy bowling too, so that might be a good option. I'll have to check the menu. Maybe I wasn't clear, we are going to the MK on the MNSSHP, so we weren't looking for that day but thanks for the feedback. I'm also really happy, I got BOG for that night. My 2, almost 3yo DD will love it. The plans are finally shaping up. Now if i can only figure out our DS night we will be set. We're staying onsite at POR, so the boat ride will be a bonus. Maybe it will be just as good to try some of the QS spots there if Spiltsville isn't for us.

I thought about Splitsville. Is it a fun evening? My sons enjoy bowling too, so that might be a good option. I'll have to check the menu. Maybe I wasn't clear, we are going to the MK on the MNSSHP, so we weren't looking for that day but thanks for the feedback. I'm also really happy, I got BOG for that night. My 2, almost 3yo DD will love it. The plans are finally shaping up. Now if i can only figure out our DS night we will be set. We're staying onsite at POR, so the boat ride will be a bonus. Maybe it will be just as good to try some of the QS spots there if Spiltsville isn't for us.
Splitsville is really fun and the food is actually quite good! The bowling is pricey though (unless you arrive before noon, which probably isn't an option in your situation).

Some DS favorites of our family (we have 2 boys 12 & 8)
Polite Pig- is quick service but good food and generous portions.
Homecoming- my older boy says the chicken and waffles are “epic” good variety and selections that the whole family enjoyed.
Paradiso 37- burgers, tacos, margaritas. need I say more.......

Not sure what you are looking for as kid friendly. We take our kids everywhere from 5star steakhouses to typical romantic white table clothed coat and jacket required meals. They know how to behave and are all under 6. But our favorite meal at DS was Homecomin. The food was fantastic and it was mostly families in there. Typical kid oriented meals like Rainforest Cafe are ok but the kids aren’t overly impressed with the atmosphere and the food is microwaved dinner quality usually.

Thanks, I’m seriously considering the Polite Pig. I’ve actually read a lot of negatives about Rainforest Cafe, the mediocre food, atmosphere, etc. We have it scheduled for a “down” day so I think the non-ADR will be the best choice.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter