Plaza Gardens Restaurant - reviews

What is the best time to go here? Also where exactly is it located as i never seem to be able to find the place lol.

What is the best time to go here? Also where exactly is it located as i never seem to be able to find the place lol.

Its at the top of main street as you are going into Discoveryland. Ive only been for tea party so cant comment on the normal buffet

We did it in July and there were sausages (which DD thought were delicious and is asking to go back to the tea party again just for the sausages), hash browns, omlettes, pizza, cheese as well as good selection of cakes, croissants, fruit salad, yoghurts etc.

We thought it was excellent value for money with good character interaction and would definitely recommend it

can i just ask- i would like to book for birthday tea do i get this selection of food or different food?

Its the same food inda, the extra you pay is for the birthday cake and pressie for your birthday girl/boy.

Elaine

I would really like to do the afternoon birthday tea in June for my 33rd birthday, but it is just me & DH. Would we feel out of place as we don't have children?

Also I really wouldn't want them to sing Happy Birthday as I would die of embarrassment but is it possible to still do the birthday package?

Hi Claire,

You won't feel out of place at the birthday tea party, honestly.
Last year we were seated next to a couple of ladies having the birthday tea - they had a great time!
They got the birthday cake (with character accompaniment) the pressie, and the birthday song(in the Plaza Gardens, in my experience, the birthday cakes all come out at once, so if there are 6 birthday teas going on, 6 cakes come out to the same birthday song, at the same time, and you get a couple of characters at your table to help the CM bring the cake :goodvibes )

As the tea party is usually pretty busy, no-one will notice, or care, that there are no children in your party - they will just be jealous its not their birthday :banana: :banana: !

Enjoy,

Elaine

Thanks for the info Elaine....:thumbsup2

I think I will go for it then...I can handle them singing all at once. :rotfl2:

DD had her party here last month and loved it - it was a total surprise for her as we only told her that she was going to a tea party(she'd overhead DH talking about it;) ). It was really nice and the birthday cake was to die for. Planning to take DH there for his birthday in January. I'd definatley book in advance as it was busy when we went - about 12 birthdays in total!!

My review and pics (April 2008)

Decoration and vibe: 6.5/10 Not a special decoration or theme but pretty and great vibe.
Food: 6/10 In fact, I loved the entrees: pizza, special potatoes, gratin, lasagne, vegetables and cream, nuggets, shrimps... But the starters were not so good: too many vegetables and no pasta and cheese! And there was anything with chocolate for dessert! So, I didn't like the desserts (tarts, cake, fruits...)
Drink: 8/10 You can have a cold drink and a hot drink plus a kir if you have a PA Dream.
Service: 7/10 Our waitress was kind but some others were not! But cooks were funny!
General Appreciation: 7/10

Decoration and vibe:
p1070033kb6.jpg

p1070038vh4.jpg

Starters
Buffet
p1070036ii8.jpg

p1070037nd4.jpg

Main course
Buffet (potatoes, french fries, gratin, pasta, nuggets, kip, vegetables, pizza...)
p1070040wm0.jpg

p1070041py8.jpg

p1070042ya2.jpg

My plate
p1070044uw3.jpg

Desserts
p1070046eh1.jpg

Review and pics, Character Tea Time (October 2007)

Vibe: 8/10 Great, lots of characters (King Louie, Genie, Tuc...) but there are not a lot of famous ones like Mickey or Pinocchio...
Food: 8.5/10 Very great tea time: lots of pastries, beignets, cakes, cookies...but also warm food like fried potatoes, sausages, eggs, bacon...
Drink: 8/10 I think you can refill it because I did. You can have a cold and a warm drink.
General Appreciation: 8.5/10 A great experience to try, especially with children or for birthdays! And it does not cost a lot but you can eat a lot!

Vibe and decoration:
1011108gs9.jpg

my mum and pluto
1011126hm6.jpg

Buffet
1011118mo1.jpg

1011119dm9.jpg

1011120dr2.jpg

My plates
1011121dm8.jpg

we ate at the tea party on sun 10th aug ,at the 5pm sitting

was busy but fab :) great atmosphere

loved the choice of food

the brownies and mickey choc brioche thingy were delish!

also fruit and yogurt for a healthier option lol

were 8 in our party and we all enjoyed,was something for everyone

dont think it will be as good in the pizza planet :( but will have to try it and see ;) lol

We ate at Plaza Gardens at the end of November for an early dinner. We had no reservations and it was around 5pm and we had no wait, it was pretty empty on that Friday afternoon. It was picking up when we left so might be worth making reservations for the busier times.

The restaurant is quite nice, we really liked the decor and the tables were nicely spaced out which was important to us as we had Matilda sleeping in the pushchair and they let us bring the pushchair right up to the table.

We were served right away, waiter was very friendly and got our drinks - don't forget to ask for your free Kir Royale if you're a Dream AP holder!!

The food here was excellent and quite varied and not bad value for under 20 euros, plus I got a discount with the pass so overall we loved the value in the restaurant.

I took some photos, sorry, was so hungry that I forgot to take photos of main courses but they had huge prawns, a beef stew, a pasta dish, grilled chicken, and maybe 4 or 5 more mains with veg and two kinds of potatoes.

The starters were delicious, I could have easily only had those, yummy!!

I would highly recommend this restaurant, great atmosphere and staff very friendly and the food was replenished very quickly.

Outside Restaurant
DisneylandParis2008069.jpg

Entrance
DisneylandParis2008231.jpg

Inside
DisneylandParis2008230.jpg

Start of buffet area
DisneylandParis2008233.jpg

Starters
DisneylandParis2008237.jpg

DisneylandParis2008235.jpg

DisneylandParis2008236.jpg

Desserts
DisneylandParis2008239.jpg

DisneylandParis2008238.jpg

DisneylandParis2008232.jpg

Hope you enjoy it as much as we did :thumbsup2

This is the best value the kids can eat as much as they want and get a drink thrown in. Superb value and good choice. Two years ago the price was Eur 10and adults were Eur 30, probably gone up but great value. Crepes are fantastic and you can have as many as you want.

Careful about booking tables. We called 60304050 at 5.30pm and were told that no tables were available until 9.30pm. So we turned up at the restautant at 6pm to have a look and asked for a table for 6.30pm. Oddly they said they had nothing for 6.30, but we could go to a table now. So we did. Had a couple of drinks, a chat about the day, a couple of beers later we probably ended up eating at around 6.30 anyway. We left at 7.10pm for the parade at 7.15 with a superb spot towards by It’s a Small World. I made a note of how many tables were still free at 6.45pm – 11 tables, and around the same number when we left at 7.10pm. So much for booking.

This is the best value the kids can eat as much as they want and get a drink thrown in. Superb value and good choice. Two years ago the price was Eur 10and adults were Eur 30, probably gone up but great value. Crepes are fantastic and you can have as many as you want.

Price was 20 euros per adult which is great value for eating in the park I think. Plus 2 euros off each if you have the dream pass. Drink is not included though.

We ate at Plaza Gardens on 29 October at 7.30pm using free dining vouchers. We were quickly shown to a table, walking past the queue for those who did not have reservations. The atmosphere was very nice, the restaurant was busy but not too noisy, we were able to relax and enjoy our meal.

Our waiter was very good. He asked if we had vouchers and explained that we got a soft drink each and took our order for those, we also ordered 1/2 litre carafe of red wine which was 6.60 euro. He brought the drinks very quickly and later came back to check everything was OK and clear away plates. He took payment for the wine as we were finishing our main courses.

We enjoyed the food, a large selection of salads and pates, cold meats for starters. Hot dishes included pasta and meatballs or bolognaise sauce, beef stew, some nice salmon and sole parcels in butter sauce, chicken drumsticks, pizza, hot crispy chips, vegetables, rice. Crepes with different sauces, fresh fruit and a selection of cakes and tarts for pudding. Buffet area seemed clean and there weren't long queues to get your food.

We left around 9pm and there was still a queue of people waiting for a table.

We had breakfast here on Wednesday morning. We had a 9.45am slot (we wanted to do EMH first). It was very busy but the queue for 'With Reservations' moved very quickly. We had a great table... breakfast was just like in our hotel, plentiful... croissants, yoghurts, cereal... very cute Mickey Mouse bowls for cereal! Only one strange thing we noticed... No Toaster.... bizarre... but not a deal breaker. Loved the CM in charge here... she was super-friendly!

Gorgeous decoration inside... and felt peaceful even though so busy!

We had the latest reservation possible at 6pm on Thurs 18 March. As the park closed at 7pm not many of the table service restaurants places were open for an evening meal so we were happy to be able to eat here, in the park in the evening. Despite the late time there was plenty of food still out and didn't notice anything missing or deliberately not refilled. DH had a snail in a shell which makes me :sick: but he'd not had one before. The first one he picked up had a crab inside it which he showed to one of the chefs and he shook his head vehemently and made fingers slashing throat gestures before taking it away which DH thought was hilarious. Our waiter was very nice and had the wrong name tag on which gave us a laugh as he explained. I thought it was beautifully decorated inside and DH was surprised how big it was. We used free dining lunch vouchers at face value without a problem. The buffet was €20.80 each and a glass of Sprite at €3.50. I think it's pretty good value considering it was all you can eat and our daughter ate for free as she's still under 3.

we ate here on 17th march with our free dining vouchers. we walked in first had second thoughts and decided to find somewhere else. after much deliberation we went back. i didnt think i would enjoy a buffet but im glad to say i was wrong. there was loads of choice and it was great for ash to get a little bit of food and go back for more. she is a bit put off by a full plate. our waiter was very nice and the plates were cleared away as soon as we put them to one side. the food at the buffet was replenished straight away as well. will definitely eat here again

We ate here 30 and 31st May. We went back a second time because it was so good. The price was €22.70 adult and child €9.90(included a drink).
The food was extremely good, everything from prawns to beef to chicken. Salads, cheese, veg etc. Desserts were also excellent. I cant recommend it enough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter