Plaza Gardens Restaurant - reviews

100_1394.jpg

There's now an option with a drink on the adult menu and the price of the buffet has gone down (1,10€) since last year :thumbsup2

Think it's the only one that has ;)

021-1.jpg

We went here in August 2009 for dinner. Really liked it both. Haven't had a chance to go back (there are so many good restaurants on offer!) yet boyfriend demanded that this one would be on the planning for coming August.
I really enjoyed the potatoes au gratin, it had some garlic in it yet not to much. I'm usually not at all a garlic fan but it was just the right delicate touch to make the potatoes taste perfect in combination with the cream and right spicing. Had some chicken with it which was really nice. Mostly ate of that and the desserts. Boyfriend had a bit of everything. I remember there being a sort of beef stew, pizza slices, pasta and sauce (tomato and bolognaise), french fries and chicken nuggets for the little ones, ... Probably forgetting a lot of options, yet it's been quite a while so my memory is a bit vague.
I ate so many of the little pancakes for dessert. They were delicious along with some chocolate sauce and whipped cream. A lot of pastries, cakes and pies on offer. A chocolate mouse which my boyfriend ate so much of he could barely stand up from his chair by the time we wanted to leave. :rotfl:

Definitely going back there this year! Hope it's still as good as it was then.

We ate here on our trip in April - 3 times it was so good :lmao:. There was a great selection of food and the service was good. The only tip I would give is don't plan to go on any fast rides after eating here as you will be stuffed :rotfl:. Def on our eating plan for the next trip :banana:.

This was our first meal of our trip. I booked a table for 5.30 on Sunday afternoon but we arrived a little early and were seated immediately. I liked the pay up front system and we got the shareholder discount making the meal less than 24 euro each including drinks :thumbsup2
We all enjoyed the food - there was plenty of hot and cold choices including mussels, chicken, fish in a creamy sauce, cannelloni, chips, rice bread pizza and lots of yummy salads and puddings.
We had no problems getting drink refills and had three drinks each. We stayed until 6.45, leaving just in time to find a good spot for the parade.
Really enjoyed the whole experience and would recommend this place to everyone ::yes::

Visit date 2013 03 20

Had a very lovely dinner. Made reservations in adavance. Crowded, but not too badly. Were seated in 10 mins. Food was good, delicious, plenty to choose from. Desert choice not so good. Would go back.

We ate here Sunday 17th March. We changed our Inventions brunch reservation to this one that morning without any trouble. We arrived at 2pm to find a queue out of the door and down the steps, mainly consisting of children and pushchairs so couldn't get through. DD managed to squeeze through and we waited a while for her to return as all our mobile signals had gone down. Eventually DH found an exit door further to the left and went in, finding that DD had checked us in but was waiting for us to get in so we could pay and be seated. If we had waited much longer they would have released our reservation, which I found to be a bit annoying seeing as we couldn't get near the place and if we'd stood in line we would have lost our slot.

Having said that our server was very good and the food and choice was excellent, apart from the kebab thing which was as tough as old boots and was a mystery as to what kind of meat it actually was, it was almost black. Part way through trying to chew it my husband mentioned the H word which put us all off!

The desserts were good too and despite the restaurant being busy at the entrance, our table felt relaxed and not rushed.

One word of advice is use the loos before you go in or take a short walk to discovery arcade as there are only 2 toilets in the ladies and one in the mens so everyone was queuing out of the doors for ages!

:goodvibes

We ate here 4 times out of a possible 7 on our last trip (17 March 2013 to 23 March 2013). We were 3 children, 2 adults and 2 OAPs so the buffet choice suited everyone. The service was good and the food was lovely - except for one visit were it was very quiet and there was hardly any food out! We loved it here and twice we were seated at a window at Parade time so we had a lovely (and warm) view.

We ate here last week (18th September) and really enjoyed it. Our booking was for 6.30 but we arrived a bit earlier and were soon seated after a brief wait. The queue was building up very quickly behind us so I would recommend arriving 5.30-6ish when the parade is on at 5pm.

There were plenty of food choices and it was all hot and tasted good. From what I remember we had salad, couscous, parma ham etc for starters, lasagne, beef stew, lamb chops, potato gratin, broccoli (cooked just right) for main course, and selection of puddings which I can't remember the name of! There were also chips, nuggets and pizza on offer and a number of other dishes.

DH paid for the free drink refill and had no problem getting served. There were lots of staff on hand clearing away plates and keeping drinks refreshed.

I would definitely go back.

We had reservations for Plaza Gardens on October 16th at 6pm...but as we were all starving we arrived about 20 minutes early, and they had no problem seating us. Very nice CMs! It was husband, myself and 11 year old son.

We were told how the Buffett worked, that soda refills would be free, to just ask. We all found plenty to eat, and were actually quite surprised at the variety. Lots of salads and sides, a carving station with ham, lots of desserts and treats. And with free refills, the price is certainly right. This was our first visit, and we will defiantly eat here again! :thumbsup2

I have eaten here on a few occasions over the past year and I have to say it has a great selection of food on offer here.

My only pet peeve is that the queue for the toilets can get ridiculously long.

When I went I intended to eat somewhere different for each meal but I liked Plaza Gardens so much I went back twice. I loved the decor and the huge selection of food. I would definitely eat there again if (when haha) I go back. The only place I liked more was Cafe Agrabah but I only went there once because it was quite a bit more expensive.

My family & l had the buffet lunch here on Thursday 17th October 2013.
We arrived at approx. 12:50pm, we didn't have a reservation as we had planned to eat at Buzz Lightyear Pizza Planet, but it was closed. Fortunately there wasn't much of a queue at Plaza Gardens, though it was busy we were seated within a few mins.

The cost was adult 26.99 euros incl soft drink, child 13.99 incl drink. Total cost after shareholders discount was approx. 80 euros which l thought was good value considering the wide choice & good standard of food on offer.
I didn't take photos of all the food we had, but here's one of some of the desserts on offer, the orange/passion fruit mousse cake was especially delicious.

F09C39E3-A851-4A3D-A84C-3B0914A6CD86-7895-000002B800E6812B_zpsb6890c1c.jpg

IMHO the the Plaza Gardens buffet was of a better standard & wider choice than the buffet we had for dinner 2 days previously at Inventions at the DLH which cost more than double (even with the lovely DLH location & character interaction it wasn't worth it). We last dined at Plaza Gardens a few years ago & l thought the buffet this time was much nicer, whereas l found the opposite with Inventions.

Based on our meal l would definitely recommend Plaza Gardens.

64FF881B-8E7C-4C98-BCF0-87BF3A50BCEC-7895-000002B78AFDFDA6_zps0b1c6af6.jpg

my dd and i ate here last saturday. the park was very busy and we had to wait a half an hour to get in with a reservation.

the selection was quite poor compared to previous years. i filled up on starters and chips. even the dessert selection was a bit sad. we had great meals here previous so it was a shame.

my dd was also ill later on that night and i can only assume it was something she had eaten there.

We had made a reservation for our meal here and were grateful that we didn't have to queue.
We were ten minutes early but that didn't matter.
The next bit I'll copy from my TR:
We all thought that the food was great and we thoroughly enjoyed it and found it very good value for what is essentially three courses and, in our case, two drinks each. This was probably the only slightly negative I have- ordering a second was confusing. We didn’t know if we should ask the people who were clearing the plates, or go to the serving area. Not to mention how would they know if we had paid for only one drink or unlimited? In the end we just asked a lady but she did not speak English very well so Charlotte ended up with orange juice instead of apple, but that was okay.

It's nearly a year later now so I can't quite remember all that was on offer but what I do recall is:
Ham
Pasta
Potato dauphinoise
Chips
Chicken
Salad
Veg
Cous cous
Bread
Kids' options like star shaped fish etc

Doesn't sound spectacular but it was all very tasty and we filled our plates a couple of times.

Puddings were a bit of a sorry affair and there wasn't much choice. The pecan tart was lovely but that was about it.

Overall I probably would eat here again because I like the setting and the food was nice, however, I'd probably favour one of the cheaper buffets in Cheyenne or Santa Fe.

We are here 17th march two adults and two kids one of which was free of charge for being under 3. Food was plentiful and tasty standard affair. Chips, rice, pastas, sausages, fish pieces, lasagne, potato salad, gammon. Desserts were things like choc cake, cheesecakes and donuts with choc sauce.
We enjoyed the food and the relaxing atmosphere and would come back again with no worries.
After shareholders discount my bill was €59.05.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts