Plaza seating time?

CarrieR

DIS Veteran
I hope this is the right forum - this is more about a "lack of" reservations than reservations, but...

We would like to eat dinner at the Plaza on our arrival night in April - somewhere in the range of dinnertimeish, although we're not too picky. We're flying in that morning and can really be to MK anytime, although we'd prefer not rushing/arriving late afternoon.

Plaza, of course, does not offer dinner reservations in advance. Does anyone know how early we need to make a reservation for dinner on that day? Is it an advance reservation (I wander over at 11A and ask for 6:30P) or a wait time (I arrive at 5:30P and am told a one hour wait, here's a pager, see you at 6:30?)

I've eaten at Plaza plenty, but never without a reservation - and the one time we ate at Skippers under this system we were seated immediately. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

You used to be able to walk up to the Plaza and get seated without a reservation but I highly doubt that would happen now with its popularity.

I would keep checking closer to your arrival day at certain "milestones": 1 month, 2 weeks, 1 week, 2 days, 24 hours. Checking at off times of the day (when people won't be on the site) also helps. I once found a BOG reservation for a prime time when I went on the site at 11:00 p.m 3 days before my arrival.

Thanks for your response!

The issue is not that I'm unable to get a reservation - the issue is that Plaza no longer takes reservations (except for 11A to noon) and has moved to same-day seating only. The change happened maybe a year ago? Hoping to hear from someone who has experienced it to find out how quickly the slots book up.

I hope this is the right forum - this is more about a "lack of" reservations than reservations, but...

We would like to eat dinner at the Plaza on our arrival night in April - somewhere in the range of dinnertimeish, although we're not too picky. We're flying in that morning and can really be to MK anytime, although we'd prefer not rushing/arriving late afternoon.

Plaza, of course, does not offer dinner reservations in advance. Does anyone know how early we need to make a reservation for dinner on that day? Is it an advance reservation (I wander over at 11A and ask for 6:30P) or a wait time (I arrive at 5:30P and am told a one hour wait, here's a pager, see you at 6:30?)

I've eaten at Plaza plenty, but never without a reservation - and the one time we ate at Skippers under this system we were seated immediately. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Did you try making a reservation? I have one booked for 4pm in early December. Good luck!!

Thanks for your response!

The issue is not that I'm unable to get a reservation - the issue is that Plaza no longer takes reservations (except for 11A to noon) and has moved to same-day seating only. The change happened maybe a year ago? Hoping to hear from someone who has experienced it to find out how quickly the slots book up.

Hmm. I have a reservation at 1:30 for The Plaza in December.

Yes, I tried. None are available. I can get pretty much anything else on property - including high demand restaurants - but no Plaza.

I read something elsewhere that they may be available during high crowd times, but during my time period it seems to be the stated policy of 11 til noon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter