Please be careful team

How do you explain the huge rise in hospitalizations and the need for ICU?

Is that the result of more testing? Do you think testing makes Covid19 worse?

If we did less pregnancy tests, would we have less births?

If we did less eye tests, would less people need glasses?

I hope you see that no matter how many tests we do....more and more and more people are needing hospitalization.

In FL and TX, they are deciding if people coming to hospitals are sick enough to receive care. Thats not a result of testing in any context.

Wear a mask for me and you. If everyone does that....its been proven that the transmission lessons. That should be reason enough.

Are they perfect? No. Do they help? Proven yes. Its fairly simple.
Well said sir. I wear a mask when I'm out, it's not meant to be fashionable or fun, it's meant to help prevent the spread of Covid-19. I also seem to be the only person who carries a handy hand sanitiser bottle clipped onto the outside of my handbag, making it easy to santise my hands when I feel it necessary. It's a Disney one and it's a winter themed one, but, I don't care because I don't want to catch Covid 19 and if I were asymptomatic then I don't want to be a spreader either. I'm lucky that I live somewhere where we are winning the fight due to strict lockdown rules, two cases this week and no deaths and I want to keep it that way.
Listen to the science, listen to Dr Fauci and not Covid Donnie.

a lot of people have the attitude that everything in life is a calculated risk and we don't ever get time back. I really disagree with people looking down and disparaging people that have decided to "live their life" for the lack of a better statement because there's a chance they could catch something that 99% of the population has no problem of beating. I'm not a believer in masks, mainly because how is something that cannot keep you safe from dust particles and air articulates to stop a virus, but I am compliant with businesses regard to their reopening procedure so if they require a mask and I need/want to enter that business I need to follow the rules. The numbers for Covid look horribly bad now because of the exponential rise in testing which is a good thing, but has to be viewed in context.
Mask or a ventilator, which would you choose. The numbers for Covid look horribly bad because they are horribly bad and imagine the cases out there that aren't being registered because people cannot get testing.

Has anyone heard on national television the Covid party that was going on in Kissimmee, 70 to 100 people at a vacation rental? :eek:It was on National Television, Thats close enough to many off site restaurants, route 192, pharmacies, little stores that many Disney tourists visit. These selfish young people not only were not wearing masks, but in a neighborhood, many appeared very impaired, NO social distancing, shoulder to shoulder, dancing in the streets...JUST AWFUL! Blatant disregard not only for their own health, but for the rest of society! These arrogant selfish young people :( will then go and visit a Publix or Walmart and infect the cashier who is trying to earn a living in this pandemic, who may have two or three children at home depending upon their Mom or Dad.:eek: Disney employees also live in Kissimmee and can be exposed to this germ pool from this large group of people! Noise complaints have apparently been increasing! There should be minimally, repercussions against the landlord of this germ pool vacation rental..what about the other houses on the block, can't imagine what a scene that was! This landlord ruined it for other families who perhaps rent vacation rentals, are a family, and obey the HOA rules and local ordinances. There for awhile, there were prohibited vacation rentals in Orange County..This is Oseola County, but maybe that county needs to prohibit vacation rentals in places like Air B&B, Home Away Rentals. Maybe with the increasing numbers, this needs to be prohibited until the curve comes down.

https://6abc.com/covid-parties-coronavirus-florida-man-video/6323385/

Last edited:
[QUOTE="DisneyKevin, post: 62149688, member: 90543"

Wear a mask for me and you. If everyone does that....its been proven that the transmission lessons. That should be reason enough.

Are they perfect? No. Do they help? Proven yes. Its fairly simple.
[/QUOTE]

Had avoided posting as much as possible in this type of thread to avoid fueling the controversy but felt compelled to thank you for posting this one line. To me it says it all.

That was pretty early in the game. Were you able to get tested for the virus?

It was a challenge to find a facility that even had testing. First felt sick on March 12th. Got my first test on March 23rd. Second test was April 17th...still positive. Third test on May 3rd...results compromised due to lab error. Fourth test on May 19th...finally tested negative.

Self quarantined in my basement the entire time. Dropped almost 40 lbs. Lung capacity is still diminished. Echocardiogram revealed some heart damage.

Luckily, my wife and two sons didn't contract it. My wife is a physician so we're really trying to keep up with mitigation. I'm the designated person for trips to the grocery store. We haven't eaten in any restaurants. Doing everything possible to avoid contact with groups of people. I just wish more people would do the same.

It was a challenge to find a facility that even had testing. First felt sick on March 12th. Got my first test on March 23rd. Second test was April 17th...still positive. Third test on May 3rd...results compromised due to lab error. Fourth test on May 19th...finally tested negative.

Self quarantined in my basement the entire time. Dropped almost 40 lbs. Lung capacity is still diminished. Echocardiogram revealed some heart damage.

Luckily, my wife and two sons didn't contract it. My wife is a physician so we're really trying to keep up with mitigation. I'm the designated person for trips to the grocery store. We haven't eaten in any restaurants. Doing everything possible to avoid contact with groups of people. I just wish more people would do the same.
Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like a nightmare. The only person I know who has had it was my husband’s 99-year-old uncle. He was in a nursing home at the time, so you can guess the end result. Would you mind saying where (general area, not specific town) you live? Just curious if you are in one of the known early hot spots.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like a nightmare. The only person I know who has had it was my husband’s 99-year-old uncle. He was in a nursing home at the time, so you can guess the end result. Would you mind saying where (general area, not specific town) you live? Just curious if you are in one of the known early hot spots?

We're about a half hour outside of Chicago. It was pretty bad in March and April. Had a couple of buddies who are pipefitters. They had to help build temporary medical facilities at McCormick Place (a huge convention center in the city). They built a 3,000 bed field hospital in less than two weeks. Fortunately, the local hospitals were able to keep up with demand, but it was touch and go for a while.

The mask is to protect others if you’re an unknowing asymptomatic spreader and don’t “believe” in staying 6 feet away from a total stranger. You at least recognize that much. The problem is many others don’t and there’s a lot of “me” and “I” and not enough “you” and “they” in consideration. So what if you personally would be fine contracting COVID, if someone you give it to will die? I don’t get how people can live with that on their conscience - if they knew that they directly infected someone and killed them, if they’d be OK with that any more than if you accidentally hit someone with your car (both completely avoidable with safety precautions). But out of sight out of mind, right? Ignorance is bliss.

For the purposes of this conversation I’ll give my 2 cents: I think WDW is as safe as any public place right now because of the precautions they’re taking, and it’s someone’s right to assess their risk in order to go provided they follow the rules to keep themselves and others safe. It is NOT their subsequent right to flout Disney’s mask mandate, travel while ill or knowingly travel with COVID, ignore the quarantine orders/local guidelines back home, and generally act like a reckless selfish entitled jerk, but good luck trying to convince them otherwise I guess if they insist on doing so anyway. We’ll be taking our planned trip in September with a clear conscience knowing we’re doing everything possible to keep ourselves and others safe, will follow the rules, and will self-quarantine for 14 days when we get back (just like we’re doing right now).

I understand the theory behind why masks “work” despite it being heavily flawed. And I also don’t need a lecture from you considering I’ve been fully compliant with Disney regardless of my personal opinion. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Let me clarify that. What I meant was that I hope we will hear about any infections or complications from Disney.

Thanks for the clarification - that makes total sense.

I think that if a single case of the virus could be traced back to a theme park, especially WDW, the media would be all over it. When WDW first reopened local officials were asked during a press conference if any COVID-19 could be traced to a major theme park (at that time USO, Legoland, Gatorland and some of the smaller parks were open) and the answer was no. The person who asked seemed a little disappointed.

The was a really hard to read (because it's sad), honest and opening post about the realities of this situation. Thanks for posting it!

I believe more stories like this should be made public, in hopes that more people open their eyes WIDER and realise what's at stake. Disney (and everything else) will be there once theres a vaccine. For now, people in America need to do what most of the rest of the world have done! Stay home whenever possible.

I am hoping Tuesday's show uses that platform as a public forum to really emphasize this type of story. America isn't even close to being out of this. It is essentially only beginning for you.......again. March/April all over again!

😢

Has anyone heard on national television the Covid party that was going on in Kissimmee, 70 to 100 people at a vacation rental?

Yes. It was particularly unnerving because the headline read "COVID-19 Parties in Osceola County". That's the county Kevin and I live in. Kissimmee is the next town over. The good news is Osceola County is huge and while we're 'next to Kissimmee' it is a good bit away from us. Of course it doesn't mean any spread of the virus would be contained to just that area.

Goodness you and ur family been thru it Best wishes going forward...alleged future potential health issues ... stay well!!

I'm sure with all the 'wait times are short, crowds are low' comments, has anyone realised that wait times a week after opening day have INCREASED at the Magic Kingdom!
Not be an huge amount though. The parks are not nearly filled to where they could be. Flight of passage still maintaining 10ish minute or even less waits. Disney is being very deliberate in their operations.

Lots of glowing reviews and platitudes about the "magic" returning after the parks/resorts opened. Cool. Hope we start hearing about employees, guests and contractors that got sick in WDW. Should be happening within the next couple of weeks.
Wow. You actually want to hear people are getting sick at WDW? How will you know they got sick at WDW? Would you want their sickest to be terminal? Would that make you happier? Would it help if we could arrange it that this happened sooner than the next couple of weeks?

Wow. You actually want to hear people are getting sick at WDW? How will you know they got sick at WDW? Would you want their sickest to be terminal? Would that make you happier? Would it help if we could arrange it that this happened sooner than the next couple of weeks?

I think it was clarified above that they meant they hope Disney is forthcoming/honest if anyone gets sick on property or comes to work sick, not that they hope people get sick.

I still have questions about Florida saying they have no outbreaks related specifically to theme parks. I hope they come across as sincere concerns not being fighty.

1. If that’s not the problem, then what is? To confidently say it’s not, they would have to know exactly where these tens of thousands of cases came from. And if you know, then why not self-correct before moving forward?

2. Does the theme parks being open create an overall sentiment of the danger being over?

Let me explain, I still greatly modify my life because I want to help keep our local numbers down despite being low risk myself, (I.e combining shopping trips, working differently, doing curbside pickups, mostly visiting family outdoors etc.)
If I lived in Florida, I would honestly about throw my hands up. Because my taking extra precautions would be outweighed a thousand times over by visitors streaming into and out of the state daily.
Gov DeSantis a few days ago tweeted a picture asking everyone to keep up the good work and avoid the “3 Cs” like avoid closed spaces, crowds, etc and to be honest I rolled my eyes because it’s hard to take him seriously.

I know Disney is doing the right things but hosting out of state guests, it creates thousands of new interactions, contacts in the airport and surrounding areas everyday to spread the virus. It rolls out the red carpet to a much larger extent then Legoland or Universal does.

I don’t know the right answers. But what Jason said earlier about it breaking his heart resonated with me. I read about a Texas couple married 50 years who died within minutes of each other from Covid. I admit I cried about that.

And..I still deeply recognize mental health during this time is becoming a bigger issue and we all need some joy so again I don’t know the answer. I can attest a trip to Disney can be profoundly healing during difficult times.

Like I said, everyone just stay vigilant. It’s such a hard time and I remain hopeful we will find a vaccine.

Last edited:

I did indeed clarify my original post. Please don't jump to conclusions or take things out of context.

Once again, I will clearly and concisely state that I do not want anyone getting sick. Go back a few posts and look at my correction in which I directly quoted both John and Kevin. John was kind enough to respond to me and thank me for making my point clearly.

Does this clear up any confusion?

I did indeed clarify my original post. Please don't jump to conclusions or take things out of context.

Once again, I will clearly and concisely state that I do not want anyone getting sick. Go back a few posts and look at my correction in which I directly quoted both John and Kevin. John was kind enough to respond to me and thank me for making my point clearly.

Does this clear up any confusion?
Your clarification was well worded. I'm sorry for everything you have gone through. I share the same concerns because I have heard rumors about staff outbreaks at Universals. I hope Disney is transparent if any infections happen with their employees.

[ Edited for clarity. ]

Last edited:
I'm glad you clarified your original post. No, I didn't take things out of context, I reacted to exactly what you originally posted.

Last edited:
If I lived in Florida, I would honestly about throw my hands up. Because my taking extra precautions would be outweighed a thousand times over by visitors streaming into and out of the state daily.

We live in central Florida and this is a cause of concern for us. In fact, it's part of the reason we opted to cancel our WDW AP's. I don't need to count the number of spiderwebs on the 2nd chandelier in a room in The Haunted Mansion given the number of times we've been fortunate to visit our local parks. The risk outweighs the experience/adventure, for now. But, that's coming from someone who's been on property hundreds and hundreds of times.

I know Disney is doing the right things but hosting out of state guests, it creates thousands of new interactions, contacts in the airport and surrounding areas everyday to spread the virus.

This is an additional driving factor as to why we have opted to avoid the theme parks at this time. No matter how diligent WDW or any other theme park is doing to subscribe to the CDC/other guidelines, we don't have that burning desire to have to visit given our position.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter