Please double check and edit your posts for obvious errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dismedvc

DIS Veteran
As the title says, please double check and edit your posts for obvious errors. At the risk of being flamed, I understand when there are minor grammatical or spelling errors, where it is obvious what the poster meant to say, those do not need to be edited and corrected. I give the benefit of the doubt, and welcome new posters. However, there have been posts by "veterans" and/or moderators (who have over 1,000 posts) that are filed with typos or missing words that make them hard to understand. (#quality not quantity)
P.S. Thanks to @Grumpy by Birth for keeping me honest when I make those same errors.

Last edited:
As the title says, please double check and edit your posts for obvious errors. At the risk of being flamed, I understand when there are minor grammatical or spelling errors, where it is obvious what the poster meant to say, those do not need to be edited and corrected. I give the benefit of the doubt, and welcome new posters. However, there have been posts by "veterans" and/or moderators (who have over 1,000 posts) that are filed with typos or missing words that make them hard to understand. (#quality not quantity)
P.S. Thanks to @Grumpy by Birth for keeping me honest when I make those same errors.
Most of us are typing on phones. As long as you can understand what someone is trying to say, I say that’s good enough.

I am terrible on typing a thought , I read it about 6 times, it looks good to me, hit post. Two hours later , notice "when" instead of "went" and fix it. The next day, I see some other errors like that. My brain is seeing what I want to type, not what I did type.

also not everyone is American and sometimes English is not the first language.

English is my first language, however, I'm from Ireland and there are words that Europeans spell different to Americans and there are some phrases that Europeans use that may not be used in America. I try most of the time to remember that its mostly Americans here and adjust my spelling and use of words. However not every one does.

A little bit of tolerance goes a long way and remember that this is the internet and its international and not just exclusively for Americans :)

I will admit to being one of them and catch them when I can. But, message received and as this isn’t a DVC topic, I’ll close the thread and people can discuss in the community thread about proper typing etiquette.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!