Please explain the difference in buying Rain Forest day pass online versus onboard

sunshine1259

DIS Veteran
Hello, Everyone. I am going to be going on the EBPC cruise in October and I am interested in spending some time in the Rain Forest. I will probably do at least one spa treatment, but since I love the Rain Forest (although I haven't been on the Wonder since her dry dock), I would love to purchase a few days of passes. Which is better; purchasing onboard or to pre-purchase them before the cruise?

Thanks for the help!

You can only purchase the day pass on line, under gifts and amenities. I don't know about the length of cruise pass, so I'll let someone else chime in.

Ok. Yes, I see the day passes in the Gift and Amenities. Thank you!

Oh, so I guess my question should be what is the difference between the length of cruise passes versus the one passes?

Hopefully someone will chime in. The day pass that you buy on line before hand can be used with in and out privileges for only one day (you do not have to specify the day ahead of time). From other threads on here, it seems the length of cruise passes differ depending on how long your cruise is and any extras you may add on. This gives you access to the Rainforest Room showers and hot tubs, tile loungers, sauna, etc. I believe you have to purchase the scrubs separately; there have been reports on here of some ships doing away with the scrubs options.

Yes, it's more about what comes with one versus the other. I know there is some difference just wasn't sure what. I like the idea of one-day passes as you can go when you want and you are not pressure to go everyday simply because you want to make you use all of you days for the length of cruise passes.

Do you know if you are going to want to be at the rain forest room every day? If not I would buy the day pass before you go. Each one day pass is $16 from Disney gifts. My last cruise I didn't buy any passes before I got on board and they were only selling length of cruise passes. 4 days was around $100. It will come with some scrubs but if you don't care about the scrubs it comes out cheaper to buy a one day pass for each day before you board.

The one you buy online is for 1 day. You can use it all day long. You can buy more than one.

The ones offered onboard are length of stay. You can come and go as you want. Lately, they are selling the passes w/ the scrubs included, but don't let you know about them. IMHO you have to be pro-active where the spas are concerned.

There is a couple's length of stay which is more economical. These will include the scrubs, also. The "couple" does not have to be husband and wife.

All of these options and all spa purchases will include an automation 18% tip.

IMHO watch the prices and ask if you pass includes the scrubs.

Did I read that in the past, purchasing a couple's rainforest pass for the length of the cruise comes with a Rasul spa visit? If so, is this still true?

I called DCL to order a day pass ahead of time & the CM told me to buy on board. Is this wrong? I don't want a length of stay pass, just one day.

I called DCL to order a day pass ahead of time & the CM told me to buy on board. Is this wrong? I don't want a length of stay pass, just one day.
I know on my most recent cruise only entire length of cruise passes were being offered. They opted to not offer any one day passes. You want to call the Disney gifts number. I recommend calling back.

As someone who visits the Rainforest Room at least once on every cruise and has been known to purchase length-of-stay passes, here's a quick run-down as to your options. There are typically three different types of passes you can purchase, listed as follows:

1) Advanced Purchase ONLY Day Pass for $16. This is good for one day - you can check in and out as many times as you want. They will put a sticker with the date on your room card so that they know you've checked in. You can purchase as many of these as you want ahead of time. They can be used by anyone in your cabin. You can also give them to people in other cabins, simply by visiting the spa and letting them know that's what you want to do.

These passes do not come with any scrubs. However, on our cruise in May, we were asked if we wanted to add the scrub for I think it was $9.00 (per visit). I chose to pass.

2) Length of Stay Pass: These passes are good for the entire cruise, and can be a good value if you're planning to visit the spa a LOT during your cruise. It's also kind of neat that the spa staff gets to know you - kind of an 'in crowd' feeling. (Though I've gotten this same feeling when I used a number of day passes on a single cruise). They only sell a very limited number of length of stay passes, so if you know you want one, buy it on the first day to a) get the best value and b) insure that they don't sell out. (On our WBTA this spring, they did offer slightly discounted length-of-stay passes a few days into the cruise).

Sometimes these seem to include the scrubs, sometimes they don't. The best thing I've found is simply to ask up front before I buy the pass. I have purchased both solo and couple length-of-stay passes, and they have never included a Rasul spa treatment (or any other treatment, besides the scrubs you can use in the Rainforest Room)

3) Day-of, Single Day Passes. These are single day passes purchased while you're on the ship. These May or May Not be available on the specific day you want to buy them. From what I understand, whether they are available depends upon how many people are currently in the Spa. I think the idea is to make sure it's not too busy for the people who have paid the $ for length of stay passes, but to allow additional access when it's more empty.

When you CAN purchase a day-of/single-day pass on board, they typically cost $25 and automatically include the scrub. So, prebooking is nice because it's less expensive if you don't care about the scrub, and you know you'll be able to go. (I've never been turned away when I go to use my prepurchased day passes.

On a related note, when you prepurchase Spa Day Passes, you will receive a card in your room stating how many passes you've purchased. You can bring that card with you the first time you visit the spa. But it's not truly necessary because they have a sheet that lists out all of the prepurchased passes, and will check you off on that list.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:
As someone who visits the Rainforest Room at least once on every cruise and has been known to purchase length-of-stay passes, here's a quick run-down as to your options. There are typically three different types of passes you can purchase, listed as follows:

1) Advanced Purchase ONLY Day Pass for $16. This is good for one day - you can check in and out as many times as you want. They will put a sticker with the date on your room card so that they know you've checked in. You can purchase as many of these as you want ahead of time. They can be used by anyone in your cabin. You can also give them to people in other cabins, simply by visiting the spa and letting them know that's what you want to do.

These passes do not come with any scrubs. However, on our cruise in May, we were asked if we wanted to add the scrub for I think it was $9.00 (per visit). I chose to pass.

2) Length of Stay Pass: These passes are good for the entire cruise, and can be a good value if you're planning to visit the spa a LOT during your cruise. It's also kind of neat that the spa staff gets to know you - kind of an 'in crowd' feeling. (Though I've gotten this same feeling when I used a number of day passes on a single cruise). They only sell a very limited number of length of stay passes, so if you know you want one, buy it on the first day to a) get the best value and b) insure that they don't sell out. (On our WBTA this spring, they did offer slightly discounted length-of-stay passes a few days into the cruise).

Sometimes these seem to include the scrubs, sometimes they don't. The best thing I've found is simply to ask up front before I buy the pass. I have purchased both solo and couple length-of-stay passes, and they have never included a Rasul spa treatment (or any other treatment, besides the scrubs you can use in the Rainforest Room)

3) Day-of, Single Day Passes. These are single day passes purchased while you're on the ship. These May or May Not be available on the specific day you want to buy them. From what I understand, whether they are available depends upon how many people are currently in the Spa. I think the idea is to make sure it's not too busy for the people who have paid the $ for length of stay passes, but to allow additional access when it's more empty.

When you CAN purchase a day-of/single-day pass on board, they typically cost $25 and automatically include the scrub. So, prebooking is nice because it's less expensive if you don't care about the scrub, and you know you'll be able to go. (I've never been turned away when I go to use my prepurchased day passes.

On a related note, when you prepurchase Spa Day Passes, you will receive a card in your room stating how many passes you've purchased. You can bring that card with you the first time you visit the spa. But it's not truly necessary because they have a sheet that lists out all of the prepurchased passes, and will check you off on that list.

Hope that helps!

I have a question. Since we have little kids, I'm not really sure how much I will be able to use the spa. So I bought a day pass ahead of time. Just wondering, can my husband actually use it if I don't? Also if I want to go in the morning and can't return, do you think he can use it the rest of the day? Wondering how that would work.

I have a question. Since we have little kids, I'm not really sure how much I will be able to use the spa. So I bought a day pass ahead of time. Just wondering, can my husband actually use it if I don't? Also if I want to go in the morning and can't return, do you think he can use it the rest of the day? Wondering how that would work.

Your husband could use it himself. The last time I had one they put a sticker on my card so I could come and go. Not sure how that would work to share a day pass because they do take the card as you check in and file it by name, so I think they would see that he had not originally used it.

My wife is not a huge Spa'er and is cognizant of the DCL mark-up as well,
BUT she does love the RainForest room, and on a recent 4-Day Wonder, bought the pass for the entire cruise. The staff seems to try to find appropriate discounts, especially on 1st Day (they have sales goals!), and this is one place where having the DVisa saves$$.

I'm guessing most people use their day passes on sea days, so generally speaking, how busy does it get in there on sea days? Is it pretty busy and there are long waits to use the showers and loungers? Do you spend much of your time waiting for stuff to free up?

Once you've used a day pass to 'check in' to the spa, no one else will be able to use it. But unused day passes can be given to whomever you want.

Ravenne - it really depends on the day, the weather, and the time of day you want to go as to how busy the spa is. You can always check with the desk before you use your pass. They will tell you whether it's busy, if you ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!