PLEASE HELP - Just Started Planning - Few Newby Questions!

Jimena

Earning My Ears
Hello, my name is Jimena and i'm planning a DFTW from Lima, Peru.
I'm trying to figure out wether to have a mini wishes or a Escape Wedding with a Dessert Party.

Most of my Escape Ceremony is all planned up. I'm just wondering if you could let me know if anyone has gotten just the package and maybe include just some chairs for the guests to use.

After that, I'm wondering about Dessert Partys, I want to know if when you book your Dessert Party you get the Tables,chairs and Tablecloths (or any of those) or if you have to rent them, How much do they cost? I'm almost set on Isola Plaza, overviewing Illuminations. I'm wondering.. If I get married at a 5pm ceremony on Sea Breeze Point, at what time would my DP start? I'm wondering since Illuminations starts at 9pm so I dont know if it's too much of a wait while having th DP (that I think starts about 30 minutes before the show). I was thinking about having a 1 hour open bar to fill that time.

Final Question: Can someone that wasn't in the guest count at the Escape Ceremony go to the Dessert Party?

Thank you so much for your help, this seems like an awesome forum full of awesome people.

The Escape package includes 20 chairs for the 20 guests the package allows, additional guests would require you to bump to a wishes/mini-wishes package with full reception.

The dessert party is all inclusive of the chairs/tables and basic linens(black or white), all that is included in the venue rental fee. Typically the set up some regular/cocktail tables and some high tops without chairs but you can request more. And they do offer upgraded linens if you want to customize decor for a fee.

Our Dessert Party is 8:45PM-10:30PM with food service for 1 hour 8:45-9:45. But if you're looking to do a bar and more savory foods (if you're doing the dessert party in place of a reception) I feel like they may allow you to extend hours for a charge but not sure. I know DPs used to be 8-9:30 by default but now they're doing later so in case of rain they don't have to change the time (I don't know the logic on that but it's what I was told).

And yes your headcounts for the two events can be different. If you go with an escape ceremony, your dessert party will go through the catering department, not weddings, as a separate event (this might also mean you may not be allowed to wear a wedding gown to the DP but I think I've seen some variance on that)

Hey! Thank you so much for the info! Just finished budgeting and is time to start saving!!!

Welcome, Jimena!! Congratulations on your DFTW!! I hope you're planning is going well! I'm sorry I can't give you much advice on these at all, since I had a Disney Cruise Line wedding back in 2015. But this disboard is loaded with lots of great tips and ladies who know their stuff :) Good luck with your planning!

And PS, I studied abroad in Lima and lived in Miraflores for 3 months... and OMG I loved every minute of it.

If you go through catered events I have read that you can't wear your dress in the park. We were going to have a dessert party that started at 7:30-9:30... you can choose the time you want it to start for no extra charges except that you might want to extend the open bar time which costs more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter