Please help me pack for Costa Rica

Bobo912

DIS Veteran
I'm trying to pack light, but still make sure we have everything we need. For those of you who have been on this trip, how often did you need to change clothes? Did you feel the need to have two sets of clothing for each day? Did you need more than one swimsuit per person? I've got Dramamine and Insect Repellant, per Disney's suggestion, and some Immodium, just in case. Is there anything in Disney's packing suggestions that you felt like you didn't need? Anything that's not there that you would suggest packing?

When are you guys going? We are on the 7/22 trip. There is a trip report that answers some packing questions somewhere on here.

Have a great time!

We are going on the 27th. I booked this trip months ago and thought I would have everything ready in plenty of time and here I am, one week away, and I'm not ready yet. I know it will be okay though. :goodvibes Just a few more days for you - I bet you're excited. I know we are. Hope you have a wonderful time!

LOL Sounds like we're all lined up on the runway here. We're on the Aug 3 tour! And before you ask, I don't know what to pack either. So we've invested in quick-dry shirts, quick-dry zip-off pants, and water shoes. Maybe this will all guarantee there'll be no rain after all. :lmao:

Same strategy here. I've purchased lots of quick dry clothing, which I believe will have the added advantage of taking up very little space in our luggage. I use the roll method of packing and I think the clothes are going to make very small rolls. I'm thinking that with the quick dry clothes for daytime and maybe a few pairs of regular shorts, jeans and tops to change into if needed for the evening we'll be okay. If worst comes to worst, we'll send out laundry. As long as I don't forget something important, like our passports, we'll be okay.

KLondon, we were going to take the Aug 3 trip, but by the time I made up my mind, it was totally booked, so we decided on one week earlier.

I was just checking the weather forecast for San Jose and it's 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms everyday for the next ten day (probably that way most of the year). I'm sure we'll be rained on sometime and it will be humid all the time, but the high is 94 degrees, 70% humidity in Nashville today and only 80 degrees and 75% humidity in San Jose, so it sounds like an improvement to me. But it will definitely be a week of bad hair days. :)

You guys are sooo much more organized and ready than we are and we leave in 2 days:scared1: It is just my nephew and I - not doing too much of the quick dry stuff - just a good windbreaker/rain jacket. We live in AUstin - 100 degrees for over 21 days already and always humid - so yes, improvement!!

WIll let you guys know if I wished I had brought something we didn't. Just am so planned out - I planned our 15 person fam reunion on the Magic last month - so I am just wingin' this one!

Have fun everyone!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter