Please help me understand water/soda/iced tea on Royal Caribbean (Vision of the Seas)

Mom-2-2Princesses

Mouseketeer
We have jumped ship to Royal Caribbean for a Med cruise next summer (hopefully!) and I'm trying to understand how beverages/drinks work. Being used to the DCL approach of water, iced tea, coffee, soda and lemonade being available at Cabanas and on the pool deck, I"m trying to figure out if there are similar options on the Vision of the Seas? I think if we want soda, we will have to buy a package, but what about water (filtered, but not bottled or sparkling), iced tea and lemonade? Are these available for self-serve somewhere? What about hot coffee (not specialty/premium coffees-- just coffee) and hot tea? It it only in WindJammer? If so, is it self serve or do I have to actually place an order with someone when I want something?

Thank you for any guidence!

Ok so you're not going to find a self-serve drink station on the pool deck like the DCL ships have. Don't know if they'll still be in operation on DCL when all is said and done, but that's neither here nor there.

I'm not certain about the Vision layout, but on Indy the WJ was on the same level as the pool deck, so that was convenient. Your included options are coffee, tea, and concentrate mix lemonade, iced tea, and fruit drink. I think the water on-board is filtered via reverse osmosis. It has generally been self serve, but that might change because, well, you know.

Outside of WJ, I think you'd need to head to the Promenade to get the drinks. Maybe the spa will have options?

Soda is paid for, you can get a package or pay by the drink. They should also have flavoured water, usually mango and strawberry. In addition to the coffee/tea/lemonade/iced tea/tap water.

Thank you everyone! That is very helpful to know. One more question-- if we didn't buy the soda package, would soda still be included in dinner in the MDR, or would that also be pay-by-the drink? I'm assuming it's not included and there are no free refills, but I want to make sure. Thank you again!

It's still pay per drink.

From the sound of things, I think you'd be best served getting the soda package. It's really not that much per day, and you can usually find a "deal" online for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!