Please Help! Public Transit in Orlando

undertheseas

DIS Veteran
On our upcoming visit In November we want to do a college visit for my son to the University of Central Florida. My DH will have the rental car for his conference leaving me and the two kids. I looked and from Disney Springs to UCF is over 30 miles so I really don't think Uber is going to be the most cost effective way to travel. Is it possible to take a bus from DS to UCF? Would the time spent doing it negate the cost saved by not doing Uber? Am I crazy for trying to do this? I'm not a good city driver and there's no way I could do it in a city I am not familiar with so taking the rental car is out.

Any help you can give would be much appreciated!

Rideguru is showing approximately $35 (before tip) for Uber/Lyft between Pop Century and UCF. $70 RT + tip is about as good as it's gonna get.

Can you drop off your husband at his convention, then continue on to UCF?

Public transit on Orlando is very poor. Traveling from Disney Springs to UCF by 2 buses would take over 2 hours. The return trip takes even longer.

You should use Uber or Lyft.

Rideguru is showing approximately $35 (before tip) for Uber/Lyft between Pop Century and UCF. $70 RT + tip is about as good as it's gonna get.

Thank you guys! I guess we'll bite the bullet and get Uber. I'm too much of a chicken to try driving. Thank you for your help!

With your son as navigator i bet you could do the driving.

(I was going to suggest that he drive but that's almost certainly not allowed by the rental agency. :))

I loooked at the map and it's mainly just highway driving. To me that's different than city driving. For instance, getting TO Seattle is different than driving IN Seattle, after all. :)

With your son as navigator i bet you could do the driving.

(I was going to suggest that he drive but that's almost certainly not allowed by the rental agency. :))

I loooked at the map and it's mainly just highway driving. To me that's different than city driving. For instance, getting TO Seattle is different than driving IN Seattle, after all. :)

But how many lanes are there? I'm used to 2 lanes :oops::-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!