PLEASE HELP WITH A CRICUT MACHINE AND ACCESSORIES

mkymouse40

DIS Veteran
My daughter and I are getting a Cricut Explore Air 2 machine this week to share for our June birthdays, however, we don't know anything about it. What kind of tools or accessories should be buy? We want to be able to make t-shirts, mugs, wall hangings/pictures, etc. (Disney of course). Also, where do we buy Disney templates or are they available free somewhere?

Thank you so much for any help you can provide. You can show photos of things you have made as examples and that would be great!

The machine will come with a blade and mat, that’s all you need to start! If you want to make shirts, you’ll need to buy heat press vinyl or Cricut iron-on. I have tried lots of different vinyl and the Cricut brand stays on the best for me, it never peels!

You can buy designs in the Cricut shop or you can upload literally anything to the software. Anything you can find online that you can download you can put into the Cricut design software. It is so flexible! I do designs in Photoshop first sometimes and then put them into Cricut.

It is so fun, you’ll love it! I make all of our Disney shirts and save so much money, plus the kids get exactly what they want. I get blank Bella+Canvas 3001 shirts from JiffyShirts.com and they are cheap and amazingly soft

I have a silhouette- basically the same thing as a cricut! Search around for inexpensive vinyl-- try not to just run to Michael's for it- or you will pay SO MUCH! Expressions Vinyl is my favorite because it's great vinyl, inexpensive & you earn points that you can redeem!!
Join FB groups like Off the Mat, you will learn so much. And don't be afraid to try different mediums. I bought mine initially for shirts, but now I am obsessed with glass etching!! But most of all- have fun!

I just ordered the Cricut Explore Air 2 bundle for Prime Day. I'm super excited! Now I need to get together my list of what I want to make. Where can I see other people's projects for inspiration?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!