Please help with choosing restaurants (Half Board Plus Meal Plan)

Shame to hear about Captain Jack's.. we went on the 11th and had an incredible server (although he was English) and thought the food was amazing. Out of curiosity was it busy when you went as I have always noticed that if a restaurant is busy at DLP then the service is often extremely lacking :guilty:
Silver Spur Steakhouse does pretty nice food, but it is always very busy and the service isn't the best.

Out of curiosity was it busy when you went as I have always noticed that if a restaurant is busy at DLP then the service is often extremely lacking

No. I would say that approximately half the tables were full. I thought that may be the reason, but I had a quick look around (mainly at the theming) on the way to and from the bathroom and it certainly wasn't full. There were even a number of waterfront tables which were empty (which I noticed because I thought it was odd they didn't sit us at one of them even though they were vacant).

Of course, if they were short-staffed, then a half-full restaurant could have been "busy" for the limited servers on hand.

No. I would say that approximately half the tables were full. I thought that may be the reason, but I had a quick look around (mainly at the theming) on the way to and from the bathroom and it certainly wasn't full. There were even a number of waterfront tables which were empty (which I noticed because I thought it was odd they didn't sit us at one of them even though they were vacant).

Of course, if they were short-staffed, then a half-full restaurant could have been "busy" for the limited servers on hand.

That’s unfortunate :( If you get the chance to go again I would say definitely give it another try!
I have noticed that a lot of the waiters won’t sit you in ‘good’ seats even if they’re empty (for example, windows with a view or by the waterfront in CJ’s) which is a bit strange. I’m sure it would be fine to ask but sometimes it’s a bit awkward. :o

The food is a letdown in Paris compared to WDW and will leave people disappointed. You have to have much lower expectations.
Very sad because there is so much great food in Paris.
I did like the silver spur steakhouse and Walt‘s was nice too.
The service in chez Remy is way too slow. I guess the French want to spend as much time eating as they are used to but I prefer more time in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter