Please help with first-time car rental

Aisling

<font color=darkorchid>Where your mind goes, your
I have never rented a car before...
I want to rent a car for the day from Hertz at Royal Pacific. I went online to get a quote and it was $47. I know there are discount codes out there, and maybe AAA discounts, and also the Entertainment book I think has a discount for Herzt, but how would I go about applying the discounts?
On Hertz's online site, there is no place to type in any discount info, except fot business travelers.
My question is:
can I reserve online for the $47 and then when I actually pick up the car at the hotel (which won't be until July 4th) ask them to apply my discount code or AAA code or Entertainment rate, whichever is the best deal? Or will it be too late? Does the hotel desk deal with codes?
Thanks for all the help I've been finding here!

Save yourself some time and aggrevation. Just call them, tell them about your memberships (AAA, Entertainment, etc.) and make the reservation that way. The web is not always the best or easiest way to do some things (unfortunately!).

When I go to the Herzt site and start a reservation I see places to enter:

Discount Plan (CDP) Number:
Promotional Coupon (PC) Number
I was told to "Ask For" Rate Code(RQ):

The entertainment book should give you a number to enter in for these discounts.

AAA can provide you with codes to use also.

I personally do much better on the website than calling. Not always, but as a rule, websites may have better deals, like webfares, webpricing. But, please do what you are most comfortable with.

Usually, all the websites have promo/code spots to enter any codes you might have or membership numbers.

Good luck.

Thank you for the advice...I'm going to try the website again, and see what happens. And call if I do indeed get too aggrevated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter