• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Please help with numbers! Package more than room & tickets??

threeboysmom

Living the dream - near Disney!
I have gone over my figures all morning and they don't match up with what I'm being quoted. Maybe I am missing something really dumb? Can anyone help me out?

I booked through AAA this morning the package with the free dining plan included. The price she gave me for 4 nights at a value in September plus 3 5-day park hoppers was $1012.52. If I go through the Disney website, I get a quote of $1017.52 without the AAA discount. The agent INSISTS that she is giving me a AAA discount - she called Disney twice for me to check, plus got a Disney supervisor on the line to check. All are saying that IS with AAA discount on the room!!!

Now previously I had a room-only reservation for All-Stars through CRO with AAA discount for $278.43. Add the cost of 3 5-day park hoppers (2 A, 1 C) which is $666.70 to the room cost and you get a grand total of $945.13. So why oh why is there a $67 difference in the two???? Shouldn't my package with free dining only cost $945.13????

There is no travel insurance in the quote - had her take it out to arrive at the $1012.52 figure. She says a package costs more than booking room + tickets separately???

Am I correct in thinking that this free dining is not really FREE - in essence they are charging me $67 more than necessary in order to get the free dining? (It's still an EXCELLENT deal even paying the extra $$, but gee, that $60 could buy my kids some souvies....)

What am I missing?? Shouldn't a package for room + tickets come out to be the same price as booking room + tickets separately??

Hope someone follows through my thread and understands it! :) I've spent 3-4 hours already on the phone and crunching numbers, searching websites, etc. I just want to settle it...

Regardless of what your agent is telling you, the AAA room discount does NOT apply to this promotional package. In order to get the free dining, you have to pay "rack rate" for your room and full price for your tickets.

That's why you're seeing a discrepancy.

Mary
MouseSavers.com

I'm following you - don't understand it either though. BUT, I would just look at as you're only spending $67 for alot of food. So, you're still coming out better than if you booked it separately and paid for your food.

I have the same question. The rate I was quoted by WDW was about $200 more than the rate quoted on the website for the exact same package without the dining plan (which I think should be the price of this plan).

So, I booked with my AAA TA, and even that package is a little more than the cost of rooms + tickets ($218 more). But it is $14 less than the exact same MYW package without the dining package add-on. I am hoping to get an itemized listing of my reservation, so I can figure this out.

Could the extra charge be for the "extras" you get with the MYW package? For example, if I get room only and buy tickets separately, do I still get EMH and Magic Express??

kath1210 - even if you booked a room-only, you still get the benefits of EMH and Magical Express, so that is not the reason for a price increase.

Mary - you said there is no AAA discount on this package?? There's been quite a few people on this board that have booked this package and received the AAA discount on their room. OR maybe they haven't looked closely enough at their numbers to figure out that they didn't really get the discount? Anyways, THANK YOU SO MUCH, Mary!! I wouldn't have found out about this INCREDIBLE deal if it weren't for you and your website!! :cool1:

Could it be taxes??? I only ask because I had pulled up pricing on the website for Disney and the quote they were giving me was all off...it turned out they had added "Premium" park tickets to my package rather than the Magic Plus that I had requested...we don't like to park hop so saw no reason to go for the premium. But $67 sounds like it could be taxes or even trip insurance they try to tack on...you have to tell them no on that if you don't want it.

Have a great trip!
Tara

I had the exact same thing happen to me (I got NOTHING done at work today) AAA insisted that the rate was discounted, I had him break it down and showed him that those were the rack rates. I had before had a Room only at POR for 929 for 8 nights... my package was $1984 with 5 day Park hopper plus expiring ticket.. Did not seem right and it took away a little Pixie dust.. Then comes in Small World travel who booked my original POR room with the updated cost of $1851 with a 10 Day Park hopper plus non expiring ticket.. Long story short I am booking with Steph at Small world

TSWJan78 - That price is AMAZING!! How did the travel agent manage to get you the same room plus 5 more additional days on your hopper plus non-expiry for $100 cheaper than your original package?? Did you first package include the dining and the second not?? Whatever Small World did for you, you got an excellent deal. What are your dates and how many people in your party, if you don't mind my asking?

I have no idea what they did but we are only 2 adults going 9/16-24 both were the excat same thing witht he exception of the length of the ticket.. I just got the info on the cost with the 5 day hopper plus expiring ticket and it was only $1614 so I do not know what AAA was going to do with the extra $294 but I know I will be spening it on the Segway tour.

Food Lover is correct. See below from the advertisement:

Based on adult double occupancy in a standard room.

*This promotion is only for travel most nights August 21-October 4, 2005 and the number of packages available for this promotion is limited. No group rates or other discounts apply.

In order to get the free dining, you must pay rack rate for the room.

chiconh said:
Food Lover is correct. See below from the advertisement:

Based on adult double occupancy in a standard room.

*This promotion is only for travel most nights August 21-October 4, 2005 and the number of packages available for this promotion is limited. No group rates or other discounts apply.

In order to get the free dining, you must pay rack rate for the room.

Correct! I cancelled a Cast Member discount 40% off room at Pop and rebooked this package and saved a ton of money.

There is no AAA discount associated with this package. I had already booked a trip (through Disney) before the discount was announced and then tried to modify it but was told that the package would not 'take' due to the AAA discount. He had to cancel my first reservation and start fresh so that I could take advantage of it.

Foodlover is correct. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter