Please share credit/cash combo experience

tinkermom_of_two

Mouseketeer
Hello all! We’ve been to the world several times now, and this is our fourth in free dining. For the first time, though, I am trying to maximize credits with cash/credit splits. I have a 10 year old “adult” who prefers the kid options still-both for taste and portion size, and we prefer having more sit downs reserved over busy times to give us a guaranteed respite from the lines.
We are looking for feedback from people who have recently tried combining some adult credits and one OOP cash kids meal with a non-9 or below kiddo, specifically at the following:
50’s Primetime
Sci Fi Dine in
San Angel
Be Our Guest supper

Our backup is just to pay OOP at Via Napoli and get a big pizza to share, but our cheapest option would be to order the 4 OOP kids meals.

Any recent reports?

There are so many ways to enhance your credits. I am assuming you are on the DDP... If you are going to be paying for a lot of OOP you might want to see if upgrading to DDXDP might work for your family, and you could add in some buffets, and a couple of 2 credit TS added in and you would not have to worry about it.

Sharing meals is the most effective... If you are at a buffet or family style everyone will be charged, so I would just keep this is mind...I also feel that portions are fairly larger and easily shareable.

I would research the meal options at each of your chosen TS to see if there are option that you would want to split or that the other person would also be willing to share.

You can always pay oop for appetizers, and share a adult entrée.

For QS you can just get a burger or extra side, to stretch out your credits. We sometimes get 2 adult chicken finger with fries and large drinks, then add in an extra order of chicken fingers only and share between 4 adults. We ask for 2 extra cups with ice, and normally have a couple of bottles of water or soda to add to the drinks that we are sharing.

Look for snacks that are more filling, buy drinks oop will help you make those credits go farther.

Hello all! We’ve been to the world several times now, and this is our fourth in free dining. For the first time, though, I am trying to maximize credits with cash/credit splits. I have a 10 year old “adult” who prefers the kid options still-both for taste and portion size, and we prefer having more sit downs reserved over busy times to give us a guaranteed respite from the lines.
We are looking for feedback from people who have recently tried combining some adult credits and one OOP cash kids meal with a non-9 or below kiddo, specifically at the following:
50’s Primetime
Sci Fi Dine in
San Angel
Be Our Guest supper

Our backup is just to pay OOP at Via Napoli and get a big pizza to share, but our cheapest option would be to order the 4 OOP kids meals.

Any recent reports?

You won't have any problems getting a kid's meal for a non-kid at any of the restaurants you've chosen, and paying OOP for said meal with credits for the others will also be no problem. Just tell your server when you order what you want to do.

As to VN, do you mean everyone, including adults, would order a kid's meal and no one would use a credit? I haven't seen any reports on how VN handles this, so you may want to make that it's own thread to see if anyone has ordered a kid's meal for an obvious adult.

You won't have any problems getting a kid's meal for a non-kid at any of the restaurants you've chosen, and paying OOP for said meal with credits for the others will also be no problem. Just tell your server when you order what you want to do.

As to VN, do you mean everyone, including adults, would order a kid's meal and no one would use a credit? I haven't seen any reports on how VN handles this, so you may want to make that it's own thread to see if anyone has ordered a kid's meal for an obvious adult.
No, we are just thinking about ordering the largest pizza to share if we pay OOP at VN, but the best $value would be to kid meal OOP for the other restaurants.
Thanks for the feedback!

There are so many ways to enhance your credits. I am assuming you are on the DDP... If you are going to be paying for a lot of OOP you might want to see if upgrading to DDXDP might work for your family, and you could add in some buffets, and a couple of 2 credit TS added in and you would not have to worry about it.

Sharing meals is the most effective... If you are at a buffet or family style everyone will be charged, so I would just keep this is mind...I also feel that portions are fairly larger and easily shareable.

I would research the meal options at each of your chosen TS to see if there are option that you would want to split or that the other person would also be willing to share.

You can always pay oop for appetizers, and share a adult entrée.

For QS you can just get a burger or extra side, to stretch out your credits. We sometimes get 2 adult chicken finger with fries and large drinks, then add in an extra order of chicken fingers only and share between 4 adults. We ask for 2 extra cups with ice, and normally have a couple of bottles of water or soda to add to the drinks that we are sharing.

Look for snacks that are more filling, buy drinks oop will help you make those credits go farther.
We aren’t looking to go deluxe- definitely not going to spend enough OOP to justify that. We feel like we overeat already without all the apps at the table service meals!
I have thought about just sharing meals with my daughter too at some of the places, as she sometimes just wants what is on my plate more anyways once she sees it, but just looking to see what options we have for OOP/credit splits. Thanks for the reminder about sharing meals!
I really like a couple things at VN that the rest of my family does not, so I’m all about keeping my credits there instead of the OOP pepperoni. Prosciutto and melon pizza, I’m looking at you:love:

I really like a couple things at VN that the rest of my family does not, so I’m all about keeping my credits there instead of the OOP pepperoni. Prosciutto and melon pizza, I’m looking at you:love:

If you do go OOP at VN, you can get a half and half, so I would assume they would do one quarter prosciutto and melon with three quarters pepperoni. It's worth an ask.

I went to WDW in November and we split numerous meals between various combinations of credits and cash. We used nearly all my daugters credits to pay for my parents meals (who were not on the meal plan) and paid OOP for her much cheaper meals off the kids menu.

We did this at Garden grill, be our guest, cali grill, boma. No one ever batted an eye.

I went to WDW in November and we split numerous meals between various combinations of credits and cash. We used nearly all my daugters credits to pay for my parents meals (who were not on the meal plan) and paid OOP for her much cheaper meals off the kids menu.

We did this at Garden grill, be our guest, cali grill, boma. No one ever batted an eye.

Sounds like you were on the DxDDP, though. The OP is not. Child credits are differentiated on the standard DDP, whereas they're not on the DxDDP.

We did this last August. My 10 year old prefers the kids menus. At four restaurants (Marrakech, Be our Guest, Trattaria al Forno & Via Napoli) he ordered a kids meal and we paid out of pocket. With the four additional dining credits, we were able to add a bonus character breakfast at 1900 Park Fare.

We had no problem doing this. The only thing is, it’s a lot to keep track of. We couldn’t cancel a meal as it would mess up the plan.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!