Plus size and Disneyland

Any considerations for a plus size person riding RSR or Incredicoaster? I've not rode those before and am hoping to on my visit soon. I haven't had issues on any other ride before.
Not really. That is, if you haven't had trouble on any other ride, then there's no special reason either of these would be a challenge. For RSR, do the old "pull out the seatbelt before you sit down" maneuver to make buckling easier (and note that the seats on the sides require the shoulder strap, while the middle seat doesn't... but I'm not sure that makes a difference size-wise). Incredicoaster has an over the shoulder harness which is more forgiving width-wise, but could be an issue for someone tall with large shoulders and chest, but in general the seats are much more forgiving than on the Goofy's Sky School coaster.

I didn't have any difficulties with the rides at DL compared to WDW, but one thing I noted is it felt like there were more ride queues with stairs in them than you'd encounter at WDW. It might just be that it felt that way because I was paying more attention to that when I was there a couple weeks ago, but it's something to keep in mind for us Pooh-sized folks who might have difficulties with stairs. In most cases there is an alternate entrance/exit if you can't handle stairs.

Yesterday was our first trip to Disneyland … We had no clue what we were in for but we had a fun time. I'm very hippy with really large legs and wear a 26. We went for the Oogie Boogie Bash so only tried a few rides at California Adventure but we had no issues. Little Mermaid was a breeze. It has a lap bar that comes down but no problem. Radiator Springs was also no issue. The most difficult part here was getting up from the seat since it's lower but there is a handle that will help you pull yourself up. Seat belts were not an issue. Grizzly River Run was also great. No issues with belts. I imagine if it's really busy, you might want to ask for them to leave the seat next to you open just so you don't infringe on anyone.

Here now, and yes like a PP said... SO many stairs! The good thing is that they aren’t very steep so that makes it a little better. I’m a size 28 and hate stairs but didn’t find them too bad. The worst ones were Grizzly River Rapids. They are at the exit and I did have to stop after climbing up to catch my breath. THe IASW turnstiles are pretty small. I had to kind of do a spin to get through. We are going on the rest of the Fantasyland dark rides today and I’m planning on going to the handicapped entrance at the exit to ask for a return time because I don’t want to have to worry about it. I have ridden all the major rides and not had a problem. I will say that the arm rests in the PhilharMagic theater are very tight. They dug into my hips and it wasn’t the most comfortable.

I am very Pooh sized. I also use a cane due to a pesky meniscus so I use the handicap loading when available. After my last trip, I won't do splash again until I drop some fluff. I almost couldn't get out and I was sitting in the back. Very embarrassing. I have no issues on Incredicoaster and for RSR again I use handicap, my issue is trying to get out of the veh.

I loved our trip to DL so much more because the rides could mostly accommodate my 20/22 body and my husband's 6'4" broad shouldered body and our 3 year old's (At the time) on the same rides. Being able to truly and comfortably go on rides as a family made the trip so magical for us.

Husband and I are plus sized. We just came back from trip with 3 year old daughter. Let's see if I can remember what we did:

DCA
RSR: 2 of us with kid in the middle. Just fine.
Luigi: Him with kid, me alone (didn't do on Mater this year, but same idea)
Soarin: no problems
TSMM: me and kid, him alone
Ariel: 2 of us with kid in middle
Critter carousel: I rode an animal, he stood with kid, but they kept announcing that people standing should be between 2 horses, which was honestly tough as he was rubbing up against the person next to them while doing so
Inside out: kind of tight (towards his stomach area), but 3 of us in balloon
That was all for DCA but i've personally rode all rides in the park except for jumping jellyfish and symphony swings

DL
Alice in wonderland/Pinocchio/Snow White: him with kid, me in front
Buzz/Roger Rabbit: me with kid, him in separate car
Casey jr: we all sat in the cages
Dumbo: we each went with kid a few times
Finding nemo/jungle cruise/storybook land boats: seats are ok , its just the getting into them that's tricky
HM: he sat with kid but us two have been fine together
King arthur: similar to Critter
Mad tea party: was tight on husband's stomach but we all fit
Millennium Falcon: kid and I were engineers (back seats) which was fine
Mr Toad: same as Buzz
IASW/pirates: 2 of us with kid in middle
Splash M: I sat with kid in last row, husband was right in front of us. Because of the weight, the log boat kept banging because it was low in the water? We also were back heavy of course, so I got lots of water spillage over the side by my leg
Gadget's go coaster: me with kid. Husband tried to get on behind us and then panicked and got off. I think he thought it may have been tight.
Indiana Jones/Star Tours: husband went on alone

Same as DCA, ive been on every ride before and fit. I've found that Disneyland rides are much more forgiving than Universal Studios.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter