Podcast Cruise 5.0 - Official Thread

Great cruise and hate being back to work and normal life! I didn't really get to interact with everyone as I had planned, got caught up with the family and our son picked up little bug while on the cruise.

Thanks again to Jennifer for organizing the FE. I felt like I lowered the bar significantly compared to the wonderful gifts our room received.

I didn't mark them, but I made the personalized luggage tags. If anyone had a typo (I'm aware of at least one) please PM me with your name and address and I will get a replacement out to you in the mail.

For those still traveling, safe journeys home and Happy Holidays everyone!

Thank you for telling us. I LOVE mine, and put it on my backpack that I take to the parks.:cloud9:

My wife Mallory and I had a fantastic time meeting so many new people on this cruise. We really felt like we made some wonderful new friends and had one of the best trips we've ever been blessed to go on. Thanks to everyone that spent time organizing, and helping to make this trip's events possible.

does anyone else still feel like they are on the ship? I have terrible dizziness and feel like I'm swaying all the time. If I'm in the car moving, I'm fine. I went to the doctor and he gave me some pills to take to help with dizziness. Anyone else have suggestions?

I was perfectly fine on the ship, but it seems my inner ear just doesn't wanna balance out.

does anyone else still feel like they are on the ship? I have terrible dizziness and feel like I'm swaying all the time. If I'm in the car moving, I'm fine. I went to the doctor and he gave me some pills to take to help with dizziness. Anyone else have suggestions?

I was perfectly fine on the ship, but it seems my inner ear just doesn't wanna balance out.

Today is my first day not feeling the sway of the ship anymore. I'm fine on the ship - it's only on land that everything sways and rocks and makes me a little dizzy if I move wrong. Hopefully your meds and/or body will stop the swaying soon.

There is a cure for that ailment. Take more cruises!

Seriously, Val & I used to be "bothered" by that as well but we've now done 4 cruises this year (30+ days at sea) and aren't bothered at all. :boat:

I'm not swaying any more, but the past 2 nights I have woken up during the night totally disoriented- thinking I was still on the ship. 2 nights ago, I was in such a fog, I even looked out the window to see the ocean (and it wasn't there!! :worried:)

Linda, I looked out thinking I was going to see the ocean, too. Such a weird feeling.

I'm still swaying, but when I sit down I feel it.

Are they usually on the same ship or do they mix it up. I am planning on doing a Fantasy cruise the year after next so that would be great.

They mix it up. We've been on the Wonder, Magic and one of the new ships (can't recall if it was the Dream or Fantasy) in the 5 PCC's we've had so far.

We've been on all four ships. PCC's 1 and 2 were on the Wonder, PCC 3 was on the Dream, PCC 4 was on the Fantasy, and PCC 5 was on the Magic.

We've been on all four ships. PCC's 1 and 2 were on the Wonder, PCC 3 was on the Dream, PCC 4 was on the Fantasy, and PCC 5 was on the Magic.

Thanks for the correction Mary Jo. I was drawing a blank on the ships we sailed on for the various Pod Cast Cruises. :sail:

I'm assuming which ever they can get the best rates for
Its a bit more complicated that that. They try to balance good rates with time of year, ship and itinerary in an effort to appeal to a variety of potential cruisers. They also try to introduce some variety in the choices.

I'm looking forward to seeing what they come up with for the next one. :sail:

On today's podcast @WebmasterJohn mentioned that they were now working on events for this cruise. Yay!!!

There was a quick comment about perhaps getting people to do things in return for a donation to GKTW. So, what should we get Oliver or Steve do and how much is it worth? Flow Rider? Zip Line? Perform on stage?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!