• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

POFQ - first time visitor!

SJM93

Earning My Ears
Hi all!

New poster on here and also new to staying at Disney resorts so would love to get some tips/advice.

My wife and I just returned to the UK from an amazing two week stay at Riviera Resort. It was my third time in Orlando but first time staying on Disney property.

Needless to say we’ve already booked to come back in March ‘25! This time at POFQ.

Was hoping someone could offer some advice, please…

We’ve booked a river view room. After looking at the map and doing a bit of research I like the look of requesting a room
in building 1 or 6? Possibly a bit quieter away from the main area?

I’ve heard too floor rooms would be better as you have less people walking past.

I know these requests can’t always be met but surely worth an ask!

Some people also mention corner rooms are great because they offer extra light with the double windows?

If anyone has any hints/tips of just general points of interest related to POFQ that would be much appreciated :)

Thanks,

Sam and Leigh

If you're looking for a river view room, in a quiet, peaceful area, hubby and I absolutely love building 7! Our favourite room is on the top floor, very very very end of the building, literally the furthest from the main building. My Screensaver on my phone and my watch face are the view we see as we step off the last step. 7348 is a king bed but the rest of the rooms on that "leg" of the building have the same view essentially.
20240224_105203.jpg

That's taken from the doorway looking over the railing
this is at the bottom of the stairs
20230304_175430.jpg
Same location during full moon

20230309_222300.jpg

I wouldn't stress too much about room requests at POFQ. I don't think there are any bad locations there as it's a very compact resort and each building has it's own charm. I would just keep your room request simple like "top floor" or "corner room" whichever is more important to you.

As far as tips for POFQ, definitely have some meals at Sassagoula's. Great food. Shrimp and grits, jambalaya, and of course the beignets!!!! The boat ride to Disney Springs is very relaxing and offers access to more dining and shopping. The ambiance around the resort at night is so quaint especially when the horse and carriage is clip-clopping down the "streets" of the resort.

Enjoy your trip!

If walking over to Riverside is in your plans, 6 or 7 are the closest. We've had River View rooms in all the buildings that have them. Nothing seemed far away. And we have had rooms on all 3 floors. As for noise the only issue we ever had was a lady in the next room once. She came outside to talk on her phone at 2:00AM. But that could happen in any room category at any hotel.
Our only room requests are first available followed by corner.

Beat part about POFQ is Beignets at the food court and Mickey Pretzels with Cheese Dip at the pool bar! We actually go there to get both those items even if we are not staying at the resort.

I would agree with PP, there may be some not so hot spots at FQ but for the most part, every building is close to everything and it's not a very loud resort. Yes, you'll hear people walk by your room or suitcases going by but that's in every motel style property. We liked our last stay in building 3, second floor, room 3232-we were steps from the lobby/bus stop and we had a corner room, which I prefer.

I don't really care too much for paid for view rooms at moderates since you don't have a balcony and are not really worth it to us. When I do my rooms requests, I do so via touring plans and I ask for a building/room number and my reason why, so if it's not available, they can hopefully sub it out but as others mentioned, the resort is so compact, it's like a 3 min walk to the furthest building from the lobby. POFQ is our favorite moderate.

Without a balcony I cannot see the point of paying for a nicer view. We have booked POR for next year, but just the standard room for this reason. I guess preferred rooms are closer to the action, which may be worth paying extra for some. Not once when at resorts without a balcony did we stand at the window looking out, we kept the privacy net curtains shut as people are walking past your room all the time.

Without a balcony I cannot see the point of paying for a nicer view. We have booked POR for next year, but just the standard room for this reason. I guess preferred rooms are closer to the action, which may be worth paying extra for some. Not once when at resorts without a balcony did we stand at the window looking out, we kept the privacy net curtains shut as people are walking past your room all the time.

I actually do not like booking standard view at a moderate but for a different reason. I do not want to see a parking lot out my window or when I open up the door. I enjoy garden view as it makes me feel more "in the bubble." Walking from my room to amenities, I enjoy the theming without seeing or hearing cars.

Just remember that the river view rooms can get a lot of noise from the river boat horns when docking and leaving 🙄
I have always thought that about the bungalows at Poly! In late December we'd be on that boat at 7am, all that money and no chance of a lie in with the boat horns blowing 😂

I actually do not like booking standard view at a moderate but for a different reason. I do not want to see a parking lot out my window or when I open up the door. I enjoy garden view as it makes me feel more "in the bubble." Walking from my room to amenities, I enjoy the theming without seeing or hearing cars.
We also will do at least a GV room for that reason and also we always open our curtains during the day. Unless you are on the ground floor and in a very busy area, there are not a lot of people that walk by our window. Plus, I could care less! It's not like they are standing there looking in, and during the day the windows reflection makes it harder to see in. We enjoy looking out at the view and more importantly, it makes the room so much more brighter and livelier with the curtains open. We love staying at the back of POFQ for many reasons and yet it's still a quick walk to the FC, lobby and bus stop.
As for the boat horns, we loved hearing them and if you are in your room you really can barely hear them. When we stayed at GF we would leave the balcony door open a crack so we could hear them, to us it is part of the charm :D

We love POFQ and hope you will too.

I see that you're coming in March '25. I hope you're going to be there on the 4th, since that's Mardi Gras, and POFQ does up Mardi Gras fantastically well, with a daytime parade up the river walk and nighttime fun. Two years ago when we were there during MG, Princess Tiana was there in the evening! So cool.

We've had both river-view and garden-view rooms. Both really nice. Even though there's no balcony, there is something extra special about the river-view rooms, so enjoy yours! And ask for a high floor. I would not want to be on the ground floor, but that's just a personal preference.

BTW, FQ is a very quiet resort. There's hardly any room-to-room or corridor-to-room noise, which is more than I can say for some of the Deluxes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter