First-time stay at WDW:

• Animal Kingdom (Jambo - Savanna)

Votes: 23 41.1%
  • Polynesian

Votes: 33 58.9%

• Total voters

DeletedAccount

Earning My Ears
If your friend had ONE chance to stay at WDW, and it was their first time going, which would you suggest? Animal Kingdom (Jambo - Savanna View) or Polynesian? Both studios.

Last edited:
poly can sleep 5 with 2 separate beds in living room if they have kids. We luv AKV, but for an only trip, I'd also pick Poly for monorail fireworks and better laid our room. AKv also has that wow factor, so either is a great choice. The buses don't bother us from AKV.

Poly. Spring for a lake view. The view is incredible. After 1 stay we decided we needed to become dvc members, it was that great. The location is one of the bests for parks and dining.

I've stayed at AK many more times and totally recommend it, but I picked Poly because it's a first timer trip and staying at a monorail resort with a view of MK is pretty cool. Plus Poly has such a great vibe, I love walking around there at night.

Last edited:
Poly for sure. I am always tempted to stay at AKL but always end up choosing another resort. For me, it just feels so FAR from everything.
When you are there... it's not as bad as you think, unless you are the type that are back and forth from the parks to the room throughout the day. We tend to go and stay at the parks all day. So for us it is not that far out at all. We love the theming. It's very immersive. The feeling when roaming the resort it amazing. It's a separate vacation within your Disney vacation. I highly suggest staying here at least once... and spring for Savannah View. Our last trip, we took our adult kids' partners (both first timers)... the look on my son's girlfriend's face when she opened the blinds and saw a giraffe RIGHT THERE was so special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter