• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Poll: better or worse ECV rental co.?

Which is your preferred ECV rental co.?

• Care

• Colonial

• Lifeair

• Randy's

• Walker

• WDW (at parks)

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.

dj2

all my little ducks in a row...
If you've rented an ECV for use at WDW, which company would you recommend. (Care, Colonial, Lifeair, Randy's, Walker, WDW, other)

I'm guessing that the ECV rental companies are roughly equal in their product/service, but I thought it might be interesting to do a poll anyway. *I'm crossing my fingers because I've never posted a poll before---I hope I'm doing this right!

I far prefer bringing my own or getting one from my local provider that is equipped my lift can be used to get it in and out of the van.

Anyone else able to vote? I appreciate your help!

We haven't rented one since DD has her own wheelchair, but I have read most of the DIS posts about renting. I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. Occasionally someone will post that they had a problem with one company, but then someone else posts a very positive post about the same company. I think the bads and goods pretty much balance out for all of the companies.
Not many people have posted about using Lifeair, so I guess we have the least data about them. The one thing that some peole find a negative about Randy's is that you need to be there for pick up and delivery. But other people might think that is a positive since you have a chance to ask questions and get direct instruction.

I personally prefer Randy's. Randy was great to work with. His ECV's are NOT plastered with stickers, so folks don't know it's a rental.

I hate the way Care plasters stickers all over their ECV's they look tackey.

Jane

We own our own, but in April our friends used CARE and had a good experience with them. They now own their own ECV.

They found a used one in the paper for only about $700.00.

Three weeklong trips to WDW pays for it.

Carol

thanks everyone. i opted for walker so it could get dropped off without us being there. i'm crossing my fingers that all will go smoothly, and i'm not really worried (beyond my normal level of worrying) :)

BTW, just got back from a "solo" trip to Boston with DD12, where due to fog in Chicago our flight was canceled and rebooked 4 times before we finally got out the next day. came away from it smiling (and happy i packed an extra day's meds), and plan to take that feeling with me all the way to WDW with DD7. i can't believe we're almost there. i'm SO excited!!!!!!!

princess:

here's another vote for Randy's, although I admit I have nothing to comare it too since we've only made 1 trip with Mom. He was very helpful and polite both on the phone and in person. He was early for our scheduled drop off at 8 AM (only by 10 minutes) and was on time for the pick up. The ECV was in great shape and worked really well for Mom. We appreciated having someone actually show us how to disassemble it, work it, charge it etc. rather than just an instruction sheet since it was everyone's first time using an ECV.

We chose Randy's b/c he was the least expensive for our trip. It was $150 for 7 days. I would not hesitate to use him again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter