DC 2002 POINTS

• 2002 Changes Do Not Hurt DVC Flexiblity & Value

• 2002 Changes Do Not Affect Me--I Will Never Use DC

• 2002 Changes Do Hurt DVC Flexibility & Value

• I'm So Annoyed, I Will Remove 2002 DC From New Guide Book

Results are only viewable after voting.

Johnnie Fedora

My cup is not 1/2 full or 1/2 empty, it's just 50%
Now that the 2002 points for the DC are official, and much of the fear/hysteria of last week has been validated, I want to poll members concerning the changes in point structure for the DC collection...

Personally, I feel that the DC increases are over-the-top! :mad:
I would like to know if other DVC members feel that these increases detract from the overall program's flexibility and/or value? :confused: :confused:

I would like to see another option:

DC points changes are disappointing but will not affect my DC travels

I don't understand the perspective of those people who say that the DC program's point increase does not affect them because they never use it. They "use" the program everytime they make a DVC reservation because without the DC program, the room they wanted may have been already booked by someone who would like to have used the DC program but couldn't afford to.

Overall, this is not an integral part of why I purchased DVC. However, I am disappointed that such a drastic change was implemented with no explanation.

The pass program was worded to only include MK, MGM and Epcot. When AK opened the attitude to members was "tough". We will offer no option to add the AK to your existing passes and will offer no discount on one-day passes. Members who didn't have the passes agreed with Disney.

Currently, Disney is drastically reducing their resort room prices. The increases in room rates from 2001 to 2002 have generally been in the range of 2%-4%. I don't see a reason to jack up the rates 50%+ for DVC members. Once again WDW is saying "tough" to DVC members.

I'm still pleased with my DVC decision and will continue to enjoy trips to WDW. It is just unpleasant to see this attitude from Disney regarding DVC. I don't see it as a start of any conspiracy or decrease in how DVC is run. I am confident that our DVC resorts will continue to be the same and don't forsee any increase in dues. I just think Disney/WDW does not value DVC members and shows it with actions such as this.

And I agree with morphi. We are all effected by changes whether it's direct or indirect. At the time the pass program was concluding and some of us were looking for Disney to offer a replacement discount program many other members who hadn't had the passes told us we were greedy. We were berated for trying to get DVC to offer a program beyond the LOS. Well, now many other members are looking for the same thing. For a DC or FL resident equivalent discount. Well, the time to band together was back at the opening of AK. Changes may not effect you today, but they may in the future.

One of the most troubling aspects of this to me is the fact that we just purchased, and haven't even stayed in our VWL yet. I felt really good about my purchase. And yes, I would say the option to stay at other WDW resorts did play a part in my decision to buy.

I never expected Disney to change the points to stay at a WDW resort by so much. I would have expected changes with the CC and possibly the DCL, but NOT the WDW resorts. The way I see it, a WDW room is a room is a room. Why are any of these deluxe resort rooms worth more than our DVC rooms?? Frankly, I don't get it, and there is no official explanation. We should have received an I'm sorry letter explaining the reasons for such a program change.

I wonder what glass slipper will fall next?? :eek: :eek:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter